Everybody loves tent-pole releases like Crysis 3. Not only does it mean more shooty fun in the post-apocalyptic ruins of the greatest city in the world, but in this case it also means you might win a totally sweet Crysis-themed Maingear gaming rig courtesy of AMD. This choice system is stocked with bad-ass componentry, and includes the following hardware:
Case: Maingear F131 with VRTX Cooling Technology, black brushed aluminum and a SilenX 15dB Fan Package (2x120mm, 2x80mm) affixed with artwork from the Crysis 3 game
CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K
CPU Cooler: Maingear EPIC 120 Liquid Supercooler
MAINGEAR Redline Overclocking Service: Intel Turbo Boost Advanced Automatic Overclocking
RAM: 8GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3-1600 (2x4GB)
GPUs: 2x AMD Radeon HD 7970 6GB Total GDDR5 in CrossFire
SSD: 60GB Corsair Accelerator SSD Caching Drive
Hard Drive: 1TB Seagate 7,200RPM
Power Supply: 800-watt Corsair Gamer Series, 80-Plus Certified
Optical Drive: Slot-Loading 8x Dual-Layer DVD RW
LAN: On-board Gigabit Ethernet
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Note that this system does not include a monitor, keyboard or mouse. Hey, we spent all of our budget on the system itself, and had nothing left for some of the small things. Besides, you probably already have your own personal favorite peripherals so we’re sure you’ll survive.
"Like" or already be a fan of Maximum PC on Facebook. Then, write an email to email@example.com with the subject "AMD Maingear Crysis F131 Contest" and in the body put your answer to this question – The Intel CPU architecture that will succeed Ivy Bridge goes by what name? Along with the answer, email us your complete name, address, city, state/province, zip/postal code, country, birthdate, and phone number. One prize winner with the correct answer in alignment with reporting by Maximum PC will be randomly selected by April 19, 2013. This contest is available to readers in the USA (excluding Arizona) and Canada (excluding Quebec). This giveaway has rules, so please read them on the next page.
Maximum PC’s AMD Maingear Crysis F131 Contest
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. SPONSOR; ADMINISTRATOR: This promotion (the “Contest”) is sponsored by Future US, Inc. and Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (“Sponsor(s)”), is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Inc., Maingear Corporation, Crytek GmbH, or Electronic Arts Inc., and is subject to the following terms and conditions. Contest is being administered by Future US, Inc. (“Future US”), 4000 Shoreline Court, Suite 400, South San Francisco, CA 94080, United States of America, +1 (650) 872-1642.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Contest is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia (excluding Arizona, Guam, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, U.S. military installations in foreign countries, or in any other U.S. territories or possessions) and Canada (excluding the province of Quebec). Void where prohibited by law. Entrants must have attained the age of majority in their state and country of residence and citizenship (usually at least eighteen (18) years of age) at time of entry; possess a valid form of unexpired government-issued photo identification; and have a valid email address. Employees of Sponsor(s), its/their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, advertising, promotion, or production agencies, any companies who are promotional participants or prize providers, web masters and web suppliers, and the foregoing employees’ household or immediate family members (defined as parent, spouse, child, sibling, or grandparent) are NOT eligible to enter Contest. By their submission of entry, entrants warrant they are legally entitled and authorized to make such submission, either on their own behalf, or as to information submitted upon the express authorization of another on whose behalf the information is submitted. In the event of a dispute as to the winner’s identity for online entries received from multiple users having the same email account, entries will be deemed made by the authorized subscriber of the email account associated with the entry. The authorized account subscriber is the natural person who is assigned the email address by the internet service provider (ISP), on-line service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses. Invalid or ineligible entries shall be excluded from consideration.
3. TIMING: Contest begins at 9:00 a.m. Pacific time on April 8, 2013 and ends at 12:00 p.m. Pacific time on April 19, 2013. Future US’ computer will be the official time clock for the Contest. Online entries must be received by Future US by 12:00 p.m. Pacific time on April 19, 2013 to be eligible.
4. HOW TO ENTER: Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “AMD Maingear Crysis F131 Contest” and in the body submit your answer to the question: “The Intel CPU architecture that will succeed Ivy Bridge goes by what name?” You must also include your complete name, address, city, state/province, zip/postal code, country, birthdate, and phone number in your email. No team entries and no corporate or institutional entries are permitted in Contest.
Limit one entry per household.
5. PRIZES AND ODDS: The prize consists of one Crysis-themed Maingear F131 gaming desktop PC that has been customized by Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. as described above (“Prize”). The Prize has an approximate retail value of US$3,000.00. Prize must be delivered to address listed on Winner’s entry, and delivery may take six to eight weeks.
The odds of winning will be determined by the number of eligible entries received.
Prizes cannot be transferred, assigned, substituted, or redeemed for cash, and must be accepted as awarded, but Sponsors reserve the right to substitute any prize with a prize of equal or greater value should the advertised prize become unavailable for any reason. Prizes will not be fulfilled: outside the United States and Canada; in Arizona, Guam, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, U.S. military installations in foreign countries; in any other U.S. or Canadian territories or possessions; in the province of Quebec; or where prohibited or restricted by law. Winners will be responsible for all taxes (federal/national, state/provincial, and local) and all expenses not listed herein related to acceptance and use of any prize. Any person residing in the United States and any United States citizen living abroad, who wins US$600 or more worth of prizes from Sponsors in a calendar year will receive an IRS form 1099 after the end of the calendar year in which the prizes were awarded, and copy of such form will be filed with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
Limit one Prize per household.
6. JUDGING: One (1) winner will be selected by a judging panel comprised of the editors of Maximum PC (“Judges”). The Judges will randomly draw entries from all entries received, until they find an entry containing an answer that is accurate in alignment with Maximum PC’s report on the question. Judging will be completed by April 19, 2013. Sponsors’ decisions on all matters related to Contest, including Judges’ selection of the winning entry shall be final and binding and within their sole discretion. Winning is contingent upon compliance with all terms and conditions set forth in these official rules; any entry or any potential winner identified thereby found at any time to fail to comply with these official rules will be held invalid and ineligible for award.
The Winner will be notified by phone by April 26, 2013. The Winner so notified must within three (3) business days of notice of prize award, complete, execute and return the provided Affidavit, Waiver, Release and Indemnity Agreement including, where lawful, a Publicity Release (plus any additional documents required at the discretion of Sponsors). Failure to comply with the requirements of this paragraph (or the return of any prize or prize notification as non-deliverable) may result in disqualification and in the forfeiture of any right to a prize.
To obtain any legally-required winners list, send a self-addressed envelope with sufficient prepaid postage to: Maximum PC’s AMD Maingear Crysis F131 Contest, c/o Future US, Inc., 4000 Shoreline Court, Suite 400, South San Francisco, CA 94080, United States of America. (Residents of Vermont do not have to include return postage.)
By participating in the Contest and/or accepting a prize, an entrant/winner agrees to defend, release and hold harmless the Sponsor(s), Facebook, Inc., Maingear Corporation, Crytek GmbH, and Electronic Arts Inc., and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, advertising, production and promotion agencies, any companies who are promotional participants or prize providers, web masters and web suppliers, and the foregoing companies’ officers, directors, shareholders, employees, representatives and agents (collectively “Releasees”) from and against any actions, claims and/or liability for injury, loss or damage of any kind to persons, including death, or property (including the violation or infringement of any proprietary or personal right of any individual or entity) resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in the Contest, and/or the use, acceptance, or possession of a Contest prize, and/or participation in a Contest prize-related activity, including any action, claim or liability arising from the unauthorized submission of any information, and/or for any printing, production, technical, typographical, human or other error in the printing, offering or announcement of any prize.
By participating in the Contest and/or accepting a prize, an entrant/winner consents to and gives the Sponsor(s) the right to use, publish, and display a winner’s (and where applicable an entrant’s) name, likeness, city and state, and prize awarded, for the purpose of advertising, trade, publicity and promotional purposes in any media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, and on the Web, in perpetuity, without review, notification or approval, and without additional consideration, unless prohibited by law. Each entrant/winner also understands and agrees that he/she is providing information to Future US, Inc. and not to Advanced Micro Devices Inc., Facebook, Inc., Maingear Corporation, Crytek GmbH, or Electronic Arts Inc.
10. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY:
Entrants agree that by participating in the Contest they release the Releasees from any liability in connection with: (a) Entries that are ineligible as a result of being lost, late, illegible, damaged, incomplete, inaccurate, delayed, unintelligible, non-delivered, stolen, postage due, or misdirected, or the failure to capture any such information; (b) Any typographical or other human or technical errors in the offer or administration of the Contest, including but not limited to errors in advertising, these official rules, the selection and announcement of a winner(s), or the distribution/awarding of a prize(s); (c) Any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay, misdirection, damage, availability, accessibility, miscommunications, injury, technical malfunctions or traffic congestion on the Internet/telephone network, or at any website (including Facebook, Inc.’s), satellite, computer, telephone, cellular or cable transmissions or lines, or any combination thereof; (d) The unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; (e) Jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions, computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or for any other errors of any kind, whether human, technical, mechanical, electronic or network, including, without limitation, any errors which may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest or in any Contest-related materials; and (f) Damage to en entrant or other person’s system or equipment occasioned by participation in this Contest or downloading materials from the Contest website, or any combination thereof. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Contest or website, as solely determined by the Sponsor(s), will be disqualified (and all associated entries will be void), and Sponsors reserve the right to terminate such entrant’s eligibility to participate in this or any other promotion offered by Sponsor(s). Entries generated by robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated means or by any means which subvert the entry process will be disqualified.
Sponsor(s) reserve the right to modify these rules for clarification purposes without materially affecting the term and conditions of the Contest. In the event that the Contest is infected by a computer virus/worm/bug, or is not capable of running or being executed as planned (as a result of but not limited to an error, omission, defect, delay, misdirection, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, action of entrants, or technical failure) or any other cause which in the sole opinion of Sponsor(s) corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, Sponsor(s) reserves the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any suspect entry or entrant and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. In the event of such cancellation, termination, modification or suspension, notice thereof will be posted at the entry website(s) mentioned above, and winner(s) will be determined solely by Sponsor(s) from among all eligible non-suspect and/or non-disqualified entries prior to action taken or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsors. In such event, Releasees shall have no liability to any entrant who is disqualified due to such an action. Failure to enforce any term of these official rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASEES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE WEBSITE OR DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM THE ENTRY WEBSITE(S) MENTIONED ABOVE, OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH SPONSOR(S). WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THE ENTRY WEBSITE(S) IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
11. LAW: Subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited or restricted. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants or Sponsors in connection with any drawing or award, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of, the State of California, without regard to conflict of law principles. Any cause of action by you with respect to the offer (and/or any information, products or services related thereto) must be instituted within one (1) year after the cause of action arose or be forever waived and barred. All actions shall be subject to the limitations set forth in above. The language in these official rules shall be interpreted as in accordance with its fair meaning and not strictly for or against either party. All legal proceedings arising out of or in connection with the offer of these official rules shall be brought solely in San Mateo County, California, United States of America. You expressly submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of said courts and consent to extraterritorial service of process.