In the next few weeks, Windows Home Server Power Pack 1 will be available via Windows Update, but why wait? It's now available from KB944289. Here's what you get in this 22.6MB file:
- Improvements in WHS Connector (client) software, including support for 64-bit Windows Vista clients and better options for installation, updates, and backup
- Improvements in backup for WHS shared files, including support for external hard disks as backup devices and better management with Computers & Backup
- Improvements in Remote Access include a new Views list, more control over user access options, drag and drop file uploading with IE6 or IE7 browsers, and options to convert downloadable files into self-extracting .exe or .zip archives
- Improvements in Home Computer Backup include a backup database repair wizard, more accurate identification of operating systems on client PCs, automatic update to restore software during client restore, better operation with wireless network adapters, and a new Dual Boot restore client optimized for different memory sizes
- Improvements in server storage include a fix for the multi-drive data corruption bug (see KB946676), support for long file paths in shared folders, better storage balancing, improved file copy and and migration performance, and more accurate analysis of available storage
- New processor power management settings and other miscellaneous new features
Get the whole story about what's new and how to install Power Pack 1 by downloading the WHS_ReleaseDocs_PP1.doc file from this page (the RTM document is also available on the same page).