Fallout 3 -- looks about right. Next up, Spore -- no Nancy Drews here. And then we have... Nancy Drew: The Haunting of Castle Malloy? In third place? We're double face-palming (separately, and with disappointment -- not like
), especially considering who crossed the finish line huffing-and-puffing behind Ms. Killjoy.
Just take a look at the full list of NPD Group 's top 20 best-selling games of October.
1. Fallout 3 / Bethesda Softworks / $49 (Average)
2. Spore / EA Maxis / $49 (Average)
3. Nancy Drew: The Haunting of Castle Malloy / Her Interactive / $18 (Average)
4. Far Cry 2 / Ubisoft Montreal / $50 (Average)
5. Warhammer Online: Age Of Reckoning / EA Mythic / $49 (Average)
6. World Of Warcraft: Battle Chest / Blizzard Entertainment / $38 (Average)
7. The Sims 2 Apartment Life Expansion Pack / EA Maxis / $26 (Average)
8. Fallout 3 Collectors Ed / Bethesda Softworks / $79 (Average)
9. The Sims 2 Double Deluxe / EA Maxis / $25 (Average)
10. Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 / EA Los Angeles / $48 (Average)
11. World Of Warcraft / Blizzard Entertainment / $20 (Average)
12. Civilization IV: Colonization / Firaxis / $29 (Average)
13. World Of Warcraft: Burning Crusade / Blizzard Entertainment / $29 (Average)
14. Crysis: Warhead / Crytek / $30 (Average)
15. Brothers In Arms: Hell's Highway / Gearbox Software / $49 (Average)
16. Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 Premier Ed / EA Los Angeles / $65 (Average)
17. Dead Space / EA Redwood Shores / $49 (Average)
18. Spore Creature Creator / Spore Creature Creator / $10 (Average)
19. Civilization IV / Firaxis / $24 (Average)
20. The Sims 2 FreeTime Expansion Pack / EA Maxis / $25 (Average)
As per usual, this data is retail only, but we're still not too happy with you, Far Cry 2. Really, Ubisoft! At least Red Alert 3 has an excuse.