Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:37 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: This is just soooooo wrong :(
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:58 am 

http://home.comcast.net/~leandroalbornoz/wrong.png

I can think of many things that could be included in the extras section, hand-picked Icon Packager themes, hand-picked extensions for Firefox 1.0.x, anything would have made sense, but this. I hate the fact you're now sneaking ads into the Maximum CD, it's just so wrong.

Note: The Online Information link has never worked if your default web browser is firefox. Fix that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:21 am 
King of All Voodoo2 Cards
King of All Voodoo2 Cards

An advertisement that needs to be installed onto the PC?

Gee, I wonder what kind of spyware might be bundled in with that piece of shit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:50 am 

It isn't an installer. It's a video file, .wmv or something like that. When you click install, you're actually making your default media player open the video file. Nonetheless, I think this went too far. They weren't happy with the annoying 1&1 ads, now they're contaminating the bundled CD (which by now should be a DVD by the way).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:07 am 

Quote:
now they're contaminating the bundled CD (which by now should be a DVD by the way).

i agree, when i subscribed it was because of there DVD they had, the mag was just a filling on top... :).

hope they bring the dvd back...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:09 am 
Monkey Federation (Top 10)
Monkey Federation (Top 10)

No DVD's. Just a download. I really hate paying an extra $5 or so for something I could just download.

Besides, I don't have a DVD drive yet. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 3:34 pm 
Clawhammer
Clawhammer

Thats a joke...
Why would MPC stoop that low...
Is it at least a funny commercial?

Actually its not MPCs fault.
Why the hell would an insurance company pay to put an ad on the CD of a computer mag.. Idiots.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 4:20 pm 
Northwood
Northwood

How about publishing the email address of the head advertising/marketing bozo, so we can make our displeasure known to someone who actually attends the meetings.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 6:38 pm 
Team Member Top 50
Team Member Top 50

Location: Kicking the crap out of the people who lied to me about using Folding@Home and those who declined!!
Who cares. Just

Flytrap7 wrote:
STFU n00b!

It gives the staff money. Fine by me, I'll loose an issue for ads as long as my poor hard workers get money.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:11 pm 
Willamette
Willamette

Send any thoughts on the magazine/disc to input@maximumpc.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:16 pm 

DrSatan wrote:
Who cares. Just STFU n00b!

It gives the staff money. Fine by me, I'll loose an issue for ads as long as my poor hard workers get money.

Opinions from hell don't count.

Whatever man, don't be an idiot! If you loose subscribers due to stupidity, then you're actually worse off. I have been seriously thinking of not renewing (shut up! if I do, it's my choice). I am freaking tired of paying for ads, and redundant topics, How to heal heal you're PC's woes, Aren't we getting one of those articles like every quarter or what, coming from your hard working buddies.

If I am a noob by the way is because this forum sucks anyway. Anybody tired of attitudes like DRSatan's feel free to visit http://forums.mozillazine.org , now that's a real community.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:27 pm 
Team Member Top 50
Team Member Top 50

Location: Kicking the crap out of the people who lied to me about using Folding@Home and those who declined!!
condorito wrote:
DrSatan wrote:
Who cares. Just STFU n00b!

Opinions from hell don't count.

Whatever man, don't be an idiot! If you loose subscribers due to stupidity, then you're actually worse off. I have been seriously thinking of not renewing (shut up! if I do, it's my choice). I am freaking tired of paying for ads, and redundant topics, How to heal heal you're PC's woes, Aren't we getting one of those articles like every quarter or what, coming from your hard working buddies.

If I am a noob by the way is because this forum sucks anyway. Anybody tired of attitudes like DRSatan's feel free to visit http://forums.mozillazine.org , now that's a real community.

Whoa, dude STFU! That "STFU n00b!" is a notorious quote. It's a joke. But now I'll have to say it, STFU n00b! I don't think it's that big of a deal. I don't use the CDs anyway. If you hate the magazine, stop subscribing. Want to complain, email them at where my friend Josh just said.

The magazine IMO is great, gives me much needed computer news and other things about it. I would rather have some ads in the issue and have them get more money then have no ads and no money. They make most of their money off ads. Not every article has to be entirely new.

You didn't have to click the damn ad! Your choice. It was in the damn extras section, suck it up you damn wuss. Stop being an asshat and learn not to take this shit so seriously.

Also, I have to say n00b instead of n00bs to keep the quote valid. I was talking to all the n00bs that care that much if there's an extra ad.

If you hate ads in the magazine, here's a suggestion I heard, take a knife and cut the ads. I've heard great stories of fun from it. Especially when cutting the 1 and 1.

Go back to reading PC Magazine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 8:02 am 
Smithfield
Smithfield

Sure, it is annoying, but who said you have to click on it? Who said you have to look at ANY of the ads either in the mag or the CD?

Wake up and smell the soda. If you want the mag, the subscription cost plus off-the-rack income just doesn't come close to paying for production costs, never mind paying the gang that writes the articles. Think they work for free? :roll:

Sometimes the mag does get to repeating itself a little. Okay, YOU have read it before, move on. Others have NOT, so let them play catch up while you go do something else.

If it weren't for MPC, all computer mags would be like those PCs for Dummies books. Boring, outdated, badly written and completely useless.

Are you calling MPC completely useless? You've never once found anything of any interest/use?

Methinks some people just have too much time on their hands.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 8:42 am 

whitecree wrote:

Totally... :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 8:58 am 
team psycho or sumthin
team psycho or sumthin

condorito wrote:
whitecree wrote:

Totally... :twisted:

Hi troll, I'm drainbread, nice ta meet ya. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 9:18 am 

drainbread wrote:
Hi troll, I'm drainbread, nice ta meet ya. :P

I am no troll. I think MaxPC is the best computer magazine. Now, wouldn't it have made more sense to include useful stuff in the extras section like they did before; you know, I remember those videos from AMD a while back, drivers for nVidia and ATI, drivers for XP64. Man, anything would have been better than an ad from progressive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 9:28 am 
team psycho or sumthin
team psycho or sumthin

This months CD is almost useless anyways.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 9:32 am 
Team Member Top 50
Team Member Top 50

Just go to ATI and nVidias website if you want some drivers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 9:34 am 
team psycho or sumthin
team psycho or sumthin

Thats too damn easy and you know it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 8:09 pm 
Northwood
Northwood

DrSatan:
Just because someone has fewer than 5000 posts does not make them a noob. Unless you started working on computers prior to 1975, you are the noob, and you are a butthead on top of it. Why not take your attitude and put it where the sun don't shine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 8:16 pm 
Team Member Top 50
Team Member Top 50

TheSimulatorGuy wrote:
DrSatan:
Just because someone has fewer than 5000 posts does not make them a noob. Unless you started working on computers prior to 1975, you are the noob, and you are a butthead on top of it. Why not take your attitude and put it where the sun don't shine.

I told you people (refrained from anything bad...). That was a quote used to tell people to calm down or shut up. I wasn't actually calling him a n00b. So just STFU n00b! I never said because I hade 4,048 posts that I wasn't a n00b and he was, although in a way, I would be much less of a n00b in these forums then he would.

This is how most people get greeted, once they pass, they're fine. No one cares anymore. So everyone stop freaking out.

This post shouldn't have to do with me calling him a n00b, as I said before. Just read my post instead of trying to argue with me. I will not go an try and hurt anyone's feeling by calling them stupid. As I am refraining from doing it to both of you. Being called a n00b isn't the end of the world. Anyway, everyone was or is.

I guess if he didn't misunderstand my post, this fight wouldn't still be happening.

By the way, more ads equal more money, which equal more spending money, which equals a better magazine.