Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:11 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Dont Buy An Alienware!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 9:52 pm 

Hello, I reccetly bought an Alienware and in my opinion your better off buying an HP with on board graphics there is nothing special about it. yes the case might look cool but trust me you get sick of it fast! the should of stuck with the old Antec looking cases and the warrenty last until something goes wrong. and the tec line is a joke nothing but foreign people and your on the phone for hours trying to figure of what there saying your lucky if you get an english speaking guy.Its a joke what they give you too a joke save your money dont buy an alienware please dont.buy a Falcon or a fragbox much better deal. :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 10:00 pm 
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000

Um, to make us believe you, it helps if you tell us what your problem was and how you tried to get it resolved...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 11:04 pm 
King of All Voodoo2 Cards
King of All Voodoo2 Cards

Invoice # & Reseller Ratings Review please.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 1:05 am 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

Quote:
better off buying an HP with on board graphics

Highly doubt that any of us even have that option in mind if we were/are in the market for a PC in the same ranks of the Alienware. I'd like to know what you bought that sucked so damn bad that would drive you to thinking you should have purchased a Compaq/HP machine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 1:15 am 
Team Member
Team Member

i wouldnt buy an Alienware machine because of the price (compared to building the exact same system myself), but i would much rather spend the extra money than get an HP/Compaq machine ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 6:23 am 
Forum's 3dfx Zealot
Forum's 3dfx Zealot

I have an area 51 laptop Love it.

But have to agree it is the worst thing to have and call techsupport. While most companys are bad about outsourcing it seems like alienware found the cheapest place where the people could not speak english at all. and you do spend hours on the phone trying to figure out what those idiots are saying. I had spen 2 hours on the phone to get one of there idiots to replace the laptop battery as it no longer wanted to hold a charge after 1 month of having the laptop . god it was like pulling teeth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 7:25 am 
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000

XHAOS wrote:
i wouldnt buy an Alienware machine because of the price (compared to building the exact same system myself), but i would much rather spend the extra money than get an HP/Compaq machine ...

If I bought a Laptop I would consider Alienware. You cant exactly build your own.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 8:22 am 
6800 GT
6800 GT

I have a 3 year old Alienware. When my cable internet wouldn't hook up 3 days after ecieving the PC I called tech support after the cable company spent 4 hours trying to get it to work. The first call I got a middle-eastern woman who kept insisting that I check to make sure the PC was powered on.......... Seriously. I hung up on her in frustration and 30 seconds later my phone rang, it was her. "I think we got disconnected" Hell at least they bother to call back. Anyway, I call later and get what must have been a cuban dude, I couldn't get anything out of him. SERIOUSLY, what the hell. I gave up on that and fixed the problem myself, Alienware shipped me a PC with a bad NIC in it so I replaced it.

Now, 2 months ago I called tech support again b/c I needed to re-format and the little notebook they sent me that had all my pc's info in it, including my windows cd-key, well whoever wrote the info down must have given up on handwriting skills after 1st grade because it was not ledgible. I called the number, the reciptionist tells me that their company no longer does tech support for Alienware and I need to call another number, which didn't work, and when it did I was on hold for 25 minutes. Finally got them to pull my records and in order to give me the Key they needed my dad's credit card number with which the PC was purchased, but he passed away and I don't have access to that info. Wow what a clusterfuck of a corporation Alienware is, I will never do business with them again. I'm building my own gaming rig for half the cost. Thanks for nothing Alienware.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 11:09 am 
Team Member
Team Member

SomeGuy wrote:
If I bought a Laptop I would consider Alienware. You cant exactly build your own.

very true, i would also consider them for a laptop, but i really do not like laptops. i would rather build a computer in my car for 1/3 of the price of a laptop and then get a really nice PDA or sumthin. but from what ive seen, the Alienware lappies = goodness.

Post subject: I had a great experience with Alienware
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 1:23 pm 

I had a great experience with Alienware. Long story short: 9800 Pro started overheating, fan failure. Called tech. support, they sent me 9800 XT @ no charge. 9800 XT started to overheat, fan failure. Called tech support. Same guy as before answered my call, so he knew all about my case, my rig and all, and we didn't waste a second. The sent me a new mobo (we concluded the problem was not vid cards but the mobo, perhaps AGP slot). So they replaced my Intel 875 with Asus P4C-800E Deluxe. No charge. THEY EVEN SENT A DUDE TO MY PLACE TO DO THE REPLACEMENT FOR ME! What's up with that? No charge for the dude, either. As soon as the PC booted, I got a call from customer support. They wanted to know if I was happy with the results!!! I don't get this pampering not even from my relatives!
Alienware is pricey. But you get what you paid for. And since that was the first time I experienced customer satisfaction first hand I recommended an Alienware to my brother. He got one. Had a glitch with CMOS. Called Alienware. They fixed. Period.
I'm sorry for the ones that had a bad time. But I had a good expeience and I'm sticking to a company that treats their clients right.

Post subject: Well they call it "Alienware" for a reason...
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 5:32 pm 

Any persons outside of the country are "Aliens"...

Heck, that's why they are foreign people working there...

Pretty ironic, isn't it?

Post subject: Re: Dont Buy An Alienware!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 10:38 pm 

NinjaRyu wrote:
Hello, I reccetly bought an Alienware and in my opinion your better off buying an HP with on board graphics there is nothing special about it. yes the case might look cool but trust me you get sick of it fast! the should of stuck with the old Antec looking cases and the warrenty last until something goes wrong. and the tec line is a joke nothing but foreign people and your on the phone for hours trying to figure of what there saying your lucky if you get an english speaking guy.Its a joke what they give you too a joke save your money dont buy an alienware please dont.buy a Falcon or a fragbox much better deal. :x

The best tip is don't buy a Falcon or a Fragbox. A good deal is buying all the stuff and building your own PC. If you can't build your own PC, then I wouldn't criticize the techs at Alienware.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 8:14 am 
Little Foot
Little Foot

A friend of mine got Alienware and the power supply went bad after 5 months of extensive gaming, web hosting, and many series stuffs. That PC was used by teenageres during the days in the summer, evening to 2 in the morning by my friends, and leave on at night to downloads updates, patches, games, and all kinds of stuffs for the home-build Beowulf system. Anyway, the power supply die and he called the tech support, which answered the phone in Chinese. Finally, they manage to find a Cuban dude that speaks Spanish to help me friend. My friend is Puerto Rican and that was his only luck of getting help. They shipped the power supply 10 minutes after the phone call and he got it less than 24 hours later. The bad part was that they didn't do the "in-home" service that he paid extra for.

Overall, I give Alienware a C+ for performance and a D for tech support. For the same amount of money, you can get a duall processor Intel that kicks ass along with plenty of storage space and premium support.

Post subject: Re: Well they call it "Alienware" for a reason...
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 9:44 pm 

JebusRulz wrote:

Pretty ironic, isn't it?

Wonder if people outside of US call tech support they get a US person?

Post subject: Re: Well they call it "Alienware" for a reason...
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 10:12 pm 
team psycho or sumthin
team psycho or sumthin

iMac_Attack wrote:
JebusRulz wrote:

Pretty ironic, isn't it?

Wonder if people outside of US call tech support they get a US person?

ug think BAD brain hurt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 2:50 pm 
Team Member
Team Member

u cant complain about foriegn people on the other line for alienware only, because whenever i have to call microsoft for the activation key its the same thing, and its hard to understand them especially with such a long activation key for win xp

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 4:21 pm 
Thunderbird
Thunderbird

yes, it seems like most pc manufacturers' tech support lines are being outsourced to other countries these days.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:30 pm 
[Team Member]
[Team Member]

Laptop: Dell --> I know you'll laugh, but I'd rather get a Dell (dude) than an Alienware.

Desktop: Skilless-made. Skilless' tech support is on-site 100% of the time, and devote their entire day(s) to me alone, even giving my kids a bath, fixing them dinner, and making my wife happy. What more could you ask for? Several times, I had my problems get fixed at 4am! Could you ask for any better service?!? And Linux isn't a foreign word.

:wink: :wink: :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:39 pm 
Clawhammer
Clawhammer

Build your own computer, then you don't have to deal with crappy tech support and you can only blame yourself :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:26 pm 
team psycho or sumthin
team psycho or sumthin

Skilless made that point already