I'm on the market for a new computer chassis, and I'm having a bit of difficulty deciding between one of three options.
PSU - PCPC Silencer 750W
MOBO - MSI 650i SLI
CPU - Core2 Duo e8400 @ 3.6 GHz on Zalman 7700-Cu
RAM - 2GB A-Data DDR2-800 @ 2.1V 4-3-3-9
GPU - Geforce 9800GTX+
First of all, the Antec 300.
+ All 120mm+ fans, including a 140mm on top
+ Filtered intake, absolutely a must
- Kinda watered down
- Not much of an upgrade in terms of size
- Gray/metal interior
Next up, the Thermaltake V9 Black Edition
+ 2x 230mm fans, one on top
+ Filtered Front and bottom intake
+ Black Interior
+ Mostly tool-less
+ Fully Featured
+ Side-insertion for HDDs
+ More roomy
- Known to be flimsy and/or cheaply built.
- Side 230mm fan not filtered
- PSU intake is useless w/ the Silencer
And last but not least, my "Ellipsis" design.
+ Custom Design
+ Very Sturdy
+ Good Cooling (May put PSU on bottom and 120mm or even a 250mm Fan on top, though this make increase dust, but still cleaner than the alternative cases)
+ Easily removed filters
+ ALL intake is filtered
+ Side window
+ Good Wire-routing
+ Good woodworking project
- I have to build the thing.
- likely More Expensive
- The custom filters are harder to clean.
- Can't get it RIGHT NOW before college starts (project for the weekends)
- Probably no front USB
- Woodworking tools are buried in the Himalayas (or the garage).
Got any feedback?