Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:33 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Way to go Sam's Club and Dell...
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 3:49 am 

I purchased a Studio XPS 435MT with a 22" widescreen from Dell through Sam's Club for $1,289.00 including shipping and an additional year on the warranty.

The price was better than I could get directly through Dell and even when trying to piece build my own rigs, they came up to almost the same price not including the monitor, so I decided to have one that came with a warranty.

The delivery was guaranteed in 4 weeks and Dell got it out to me in 2 and everything on that bad boy screams along. I have not found anything that I can not play on max settings including AA and AF.

I only buy a PC every 5 or so years and I feel that I found a really good deal this time around. Congrats to both Dell and Sam's Club for putting this package together.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:43 am 
Folding Momerator
Folding Momerator

Good to know someone was happy..

Months later, are you still happy or do you join others who aren't?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:18 am 
Java Junkie
Java Junkie

Holy shit ... Blondie is necroposting! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:01 am 
Smithfield
Smithfield

Jipstyle wrote:

Ban her! Ban her! ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:57 am 

Yes, I am still very happy with the purchase. I have had zero problems with the PC at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:22 am 
Folding Momerator
Folding Momerator

Jipstyle wrote:

Ha ha..
It isnt that old..
Actually only 33 days.

I should have asked how long he's had it..

ban me for not enough coffee. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:38 am 
Java Junkie
Java Junkie

Ban you for not enough coffee? Hell no .. I'd rather send you a pound of good beans. :P Going without coffee, I'm pretty sure, contravenes the Geneva Convention and UN Human Rights laws.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:51 am 
Million Club - 20 Plus
Million Club - 20 Plus

Jipstyle wrote:
Ban you for not enough coffee? Hell no .. I'd rather send you a pound of good beans. :P Going without coffee, I'm pretty sure, contravenes the Geneva Convention and UN Human Rights laws.

and it just ain't right either.
Don't try to engage me in conversation until I've had at least one cup downed, working on my second. The brain is running on minimum power until that first cup starts to fuel the intellect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:57 am 
Java Junkie
Java Junkie

Yeah .. I run on fury and anger until the caffeine wakes up the human part of my brain.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:42 am 
Million Club - 2 Plus
Million Club - 2 Plus

Coffee?!? I don't know about you, but my 1000w psu keeps me humming along. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:35 am 

Did you buy the extra three year warranty that Sams offers? I did for my HP and am glad I did I have heard good sstories about their warranty and return policies at Sams, Hp offers a one year and I bought a three year from sams and that makes it a total of four years coverage from sams becasue the HP warranty automatically becomes a sams warranty that gets added to the extra three I bought.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:54 am 

BirdDude007 wrote:
Did you buy the extra three year warranty that Sams offers? I did for my HP and am glad I did I have heard good sstories about their warranty and return policies at Sams, Hp offers a one year and I bought a three year from sams and that makes it a total of four years coverage from sams becasue the HP warranty automatically becomes a sams warranty that gets added to the extra three I bought.

I bought the One year warranty from Sams, so I have 2 years total. That four year warranty sounds sweet though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:45 am 

thafrogggg wrote:
BirdDude007 wrote:

I bought the One year warranty from Sams, so I have 2 years total. That four year warranty sounds sweet though.
From what I understand Sams has the best warranty out there mainly because they HONOR it when yo need them to, a friend of mine had a desktop he bought from them and got the extended warranty, he had it for about two years and the computer had some bad problems after 1 1/2 years and he took it right into
Sams and after about a week they told him it was irreparable and they gave him the option of either all his money back or a new computer, he took the computer and got a nice one at that, Sams didn't even put up an argument.
If your computer is still under thirty days old you can still go into Sams and up the warranty, that is what I did.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:17 pm 
Folding Momerator
Folding Momerator

BirdDude007 wrote:
thafrogggg wrote:
BirdDude007 wrote:

From what I understand Sams has the best warranty out there mainly because they HONOR it when yo need them to, a friend of mine had a desktop he bought from them and got the extended warranty, he had it for about two years and the computer had some bad problems after 1 1/2 years and he took it right into
Sams and after about a week they told him it was irreparable and they gave him the option of either all his money back or a new computer, he took the computer and got a nice one at that, Sams didn't even put up an argument.
If your computer is still under thirty days old you can still go into Sams and up the warranty, that is what I did.

Sams will go out of business eventually.
I know someone that returned a washer after using it for 3 years. They took it back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:52 pm 
Million Club [PC]
Million Club [PC]

$1300 cheaper then a similar build? No offense, but your building skills need to be brushed up it seems. DDR3 1066 is really cheap, I'm sure the PSU sucks... yeah. Ok, so I'm being pretty negative... but you could have just posted here before buying it you know...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:58 am 

Spartacus wrote:
$1300 cheaper then a similar build? No offense, but your building skills need to be brushed up it seems. DDR3 1066 is really cheap, I'm sure the PSU sucks... yeah. Ok, so I'm being pretty negative... but you could have just posted here before buying it you know...

In the past I too have built my own desktops, and to be honest with you I am tired of screwing around with my own builds, I dont do much on a computer to really tax the system so I opted to just go out and buy a laptop that more than suits my needs and get a decent warranty along with it. I saw that system that thefroggg bought, it is really nice for the money, sure he could save some money by building one himself, but from my experience it really isn't worth it to build my own pc, its fun dont get me wrong, but it's not worth it. One thing I really love about buying a prebuilt machine is the fact that you can take it home and use it right away and know that it has some sort of warranty coverage.
I can build them but I am still not very "conputer savvy" I have learned that if I build one then I spend a HUGE amount of time messing with it instead of actually doing anything with it. I am sure that many folks in here have access to cheap components to build one and also vast knowledge of systems so it is good for them to build their own.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:06 pm 
Folding for Elena
Folding for Elena

Blondie wrote:
BirdDude007 wrote:
thafrogggg wrote:
BirdDude007 wrote:

I know someone that returned a washer after using it for 3 years. They took it back.

well as a former "vendor"
sam's dont pay for that who ever makes the washer paid for it
they force them to take it back or offer to let them get the hell out of all of their stores.
They have drove several suppliers into bankruptcy like this. The ever present fear of not being in the store, and letting the competition have the "sell" makes them drop their pants and take it in the rectum rite by the wallet.

Sam's and wal mart both have this evil empire that insists that you can not afford NOT to be in the store and you will do what ever they want or you cant play in their playground. IF a few more companies would tell them to drop dead it would change but none of them really have the back bone to tell their number one retail outlet center to go to hell.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:39 pm 

Whatever, as long as they honor my waranty, there are crooked deals going with EVERY company, some are getting away with it some arent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:41 pm 
Million Club [PC]
Million Club [PC]

BirdDude007 wrote:
Spartacus wrote:

In the past I too have built my own desktops, and to be honest with you I am tired of screwing around with my own builds, I dont do much on a computer to really tax the system so I opted to just go out and buy a laptop that more than suits my needs and get a decent warranty along with it. I saw that system that thefroggg bought, it is really nice for the money, sure he could save some money by building one himself, but from my experience it really isn't worth it to build my own pc, its fun dont get me wrong, but it's not worth it. One thing I really love about buying a prebuilt machine is the fact that you can take it home and use it right away and know that it has some sort of warranty coverage.
I can build them but I am still not very "conputer savvy" I have learned that if I build one then I spend a HUGE amount of time messing with it instead of actually doing anything with it. I am sure that many folks in here have access to cheap components to build one and also vast knowledge of systems so it is good for them to build their own.

fair enough. But for power users, they will save a lot of money building a fast desktop then buying a prebuilt- as for the warranty, the individual parts have warranties- with experience you can swap out any broken part quickly without going through the trouble of exchanging your whole computer out. Becuase guess what? The second you change a part, BAM, there goes the warranty.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:58 am 
Folding Momerator
Folding Momerator

whathuhitwasntme wrote:
Blondie wrote:

well as a former "vendor"
sam's dont pay for that who ever makes the washer paid for it
they force them to take it back or offer to let them get the hell out of all of their stores.
They have drove several suppliers into bankruptcy like this. The ever present fear of not being in the store, and letting the competition have the "sell" makes them drop their pants and take it in the rectum rite by the wallet.

Sam's and wal mart both have this evil empire that insists that you can not afford NOT to be in the store and you will do what ever they want or you cant play in their playground. IF a few more companies would tell them to drop dead it would change but none of them really have the back bone to tell their number one retail outlet center to go to hell.

The kicker was that they wanted to upgrade; there was nothing wrong with the washer. It ticked me off to hear this.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next