Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:39 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: CryptLoad Questions
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:56 am 

Hey all

I just came across CryptLoad ( v. 1.1.8 ) which is a Rapidshare download manager. I've been using the Firefox extension Skip Screen for some time now and I like it, but I also like the idea of the automation that CryptLoad offers. My only concern is that CryptLoad uses a method where it accesses your router (with your personal security info) to change your IP address so that Rapidshare will allow free users continuous (almost) downloads. What are your experences with this type of software and are you ok with the idea of some program having that level of access to your router?

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Post subject: Re: CryptLoad Questions
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:29 pm 

Homer2029 wrote:
Hey all

I just came across CryptLoad ( v. 1.1.8 ) which is a Rapidshare download manager. I've been using the Firefox extension Skip Screen for some time now and I like it, but I also like the idea of the automation that CryptLoad offers. My only concern is that CryptLoad uses a method where it accesses your router (with your personal security info) to change your IP address so that Rapidshare will allow free users continuous (almost) downloads. What are your experences with this type of software and are you ok with the idea of some program having that level of access to your router?

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

I don't recommend changing your router settings because there could be a IP conflict. Your ISP gives you a IP address so you should stick to it.

Post subject: Re: CryptLoad Questions
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:25 am 
Thunderbird
Thunderbird

Homer2029 wrote:
Hey all

My only concern is that CryptLoad uses a method where it accesses your router (with your personal security info) to change your IP address so that Rapidshare will allow free users continuous (almost) downloads.

That enough should raise flags. I would steer clear.