Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:34 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: CM HAF 932-A few simple mods.
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:25 pm 
Coppermine
Coppermine

I just bought this case with a new Core i7 rig.
I want to mod it, to the slightest degree.

A few questions:
1. Cable management. As of now, I have the front panel connectors on their own "lane" with twist ties going to the proper connections, then I routed the power cables around or over them. Space was somewhat an issue, because the back panel needed to have pressure applied to put it back into place. I hear a couple people just hide all the cables behind it. It may seem silly, but how would I do that the "correct" way? Just stuff them in the back? Right now the unused cables are twist tied, then twist tied again to form a huge group hiding in the HD bay at the bottom.

2. Fan controllers. I plan to buy this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6811999171 Zalman Black 6CH Fan Controller. Will there be proper power going to each fan, with enough control to the speeds of the fan, as well as still being able to relay the information in programs like speedfan?

3. Cold cathode. I plan to get a simple red Logisys foot long. they have the crappy pci switch. Is there any alternative to just have it be sound activated without that ridiculous dongle?

That is it for now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:30 am 
Klamath
Klamath

first mod for every cm haf 932, paint the interior. black is nice but spend some time on the paint or else it will look like shit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:30 pm 
Thunderbird
Thunderbird

for cable management, i tucked the extra cables from my PSU under the HDD area, with a removable HDD bracket holding them down. the rest was tied to the tie mounts, but if u can get the wires in the general area where the other panel bulges out, it will give some decent storage for the wires. its a good feature of the HAF to include a bulging side panel for that stuff.

the case's installation manual gives a shortened picture of how the "recommended" way to do it (at the end of the English instructions)- i tried to follow it, but it didnt work too well for me, also probably because i dont have a modular PSU like the one in the picture (least i think it looked like a modular PSU).

i installed 8 x 120MM fans in place of the windowed panel and the top fans. if u have a 6 fan controller, i think u can use the Y-splitters for the fan connectors, but not sure. i haven't gotten around to paint mine, but i just left it the gray/silver that came with it - reflects blue LEDs nicely around the case.