Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:39 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
 Post subject: Need quick help with flash issue.
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:23 am 

I'm not sure if this belongs here, sorry if it doesn't.

Anyway, here's the deal.

I'm trying to find a program which would allow me to download an entire flash website (all .swf files) so I can edit it. I have found programs which can download flash videos for edit, but not an entire website.

Thanks in advance,

Daniel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:44 am 
[Team Member]
[Team Member]

Lots of stuff here:

http://tinyurl.com/km5cv4

Nasty

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:49 am 

I appreciate the response but I've looked at the majority of those pages already with no luck.

I need to be able to download an entire flash website so I can edit it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:20 am 
Java Junkie
Java Junkie

Ask the owner of the site for a copy of their source.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:37 am 

Ok, let me explain.

I am trying to teach myself flash, I know other languages and have now moved onto this one. I found a website called wix.com it's a pretty decent flash website creator. I created a website using wix.com and I am now trying to program the exact same thing myself. I would like to be able to see the source code wix.com is using to compare.

Does that make sense? I'm not sure if I'm explaining myself correctly.

Thanks for all the help so far guys I appreciate it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:05 pm 
Team Member [Top 500]*
Team Member [Top 500]*

OK, I'll tell you where the problem is. When I work on my websites I open the sites on their server. Now the first thing I need to do when I open a site is enter my username and password for the site (server).

Once I am into my server I can use any number of softwares to work on my content. I can even do a Reverse Publish and move all my web content to my local machine. Downloading the site from the server to my local machine is called a reverse publish.

Now as to working with Flash. Both Adobe and Macromedia before them have great online tutorials and actual projects LIKE THIS They also offer good free trial versions of their software.

Again, your problem with getting the source code isn't a matter of having software, your problem is gaining access to someone's server.

Ron

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:04 pm 
Million Club - 2 Plus
Million Club - 2 Plus

If you have ad-block plus, there is a little tab on flash (.swf) objects where you can right-click on it and save the object.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:37 am 

Thanks for everyone's suggestions, I'm downloading ad-block plus as I type... Hopefully this will work. Ron, that's exactly my problem. However the software I'm looking for isn't something that would technically "connect" with the server, more something that would be able to capture the .swf objects (or object as a whole) to allow editing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:17 am 
Team Member [Top 500]*
Team Member [Top 500]*

Airheadq wrote:
If you have ad-block plus, there is a little tab on flash (.swf) objects where you can right-click on it and save the object.

I think (operative word being think) that the original poster is looking for the code behind the scenes. Sites like the one mentioned are little more that a WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) online web building tool. They automatically create the code that makes things happen.

Therefore if you have and embed a flash file (or any multimedia file) the WYSIWYG ediror creates the code that runs the file on a browser. The Flash File itself can be user created or copied from a web somewhere. The file itself is placed in the root of the web or in a folder placed in the root of the web. For example I create a folder in the root of my web. I name the folder Flash and maybe another folder called Videos and so on.

Then on a webpage within my web I use code like this:

Code:
<OBJECT classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,0,0" WIDTH="320" HEIGHT="240" id="Yourfilename" ALIGN="">
<PARAM NAME=movie VALUE="Yourfilename.swf"> <PARAM NAME=quality VALUE=high> <PARAM NAME=bgcolor VALUE=#333399> <EMBED src="Yourfilename.swf" quality=high bgcolor=#333399 WIDTH="320" HEIGHT="240" NAME="Yourfilename" ALIGN="" TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></EMBED> </OBJECT>

The above code is explained
HERE in some detail. I suggest the original poster read it. Not a bad link. Not great but not bad.

Ron

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:28 am 

^ eh sort of.

The wix.com website is a pretty powerful and very simple website. It allows you to literally point and click a flash website together. What I would like to be able to do, is download all the .swf files (which are being used to compose the webpage) and the code. Think of it this way; If I were to create a flash website from scratch I would have to create all the differant .swf files, program code to get them to work together, and then upload all of that to a server which could host my website. I want to download all of that, but from a server which I cannot connect to.

I wish I could explain better.

Keep the ideas coming guys!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:48 am 
Java Junkie
Java Junkie

thfc1799 wrote:
Ok, let me explain.

I am trying to teach myself flash, I know other languages and have now moved onto this one. I found a website called wix.com it's a pretty decent flash website creator. I created a website using wix.com and I am now trying to program the exact same thing myself. I would like to be able to see the source code wix.com is using to compare.

Does that make sense? I'm not sure if I'm explaining myself correctly.

Thanks for all the help so far guys I appreciate it!

Again, ask them for their source code. If they won't let you have it, we are not going to help you steal it. That is what you are asking us to do .. help you steal someone else's intellectual property.

if you ask them nicely, explaining that you are trying to teach yourself flash programming, they might just hand you their source .. or enough to help you out.

Simply ripping it from their website, though, is dishonest. They worked hard to make it ... ask their permission.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:54 am 
Java Junkie
Java Junkie

After browsing wix.com, I found their terms of service.

Quote:
The Content on the Wix.com Website (as defined above), except all User Submissions (as defined below), is subject to copyright and other intellectual property rights under local and international laws conventions. To the best of its knowledge, Wix.com uses only Content which is allowed and permitted for use by the owner/s of the copyrights and other intellectual property rights therein. Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS only and it may not be used, copied, reproduced, distributed, transmitted, broadcast, displayed, sold, licensed, or otherwise exploited for any other purposes whatsoever without the prior written consent of the respective owners

Clearly, you need their consent to do what you are asking. You can't get that here. I'm locking this thread because it contravenes our ToS. If the OP has questions, he is welcome to send me a PM.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]