Here's a couple of tidbits regarding the upcoming Chimp Challenge '09.
First, the rules:
1. First team to accumulate 20,000,000 points from the start time wins.
2. Start time for the contest is Tuesday, May 5th at 12pm, Pacific Daylight Time.
3. The victor gets to claim the lucky jaded monkey as the prize. Tales have been told of untold wealth and fame that comes with this. The victorious team is allowed to display in any honorary fashion the jaded monkey, the losing team is forbidden to display it. The losing team is bestowed the dreaded monkey's paw, which is said to be cursed. People have been known for have very bad luck with this paw!
4. Team captains are as follows: TBA
5. In the event of a close race, the Stanford site will be considered the official source for points information.
6. Only team captains are allowed to make changes to rules.
7. The official folding names are TBA
8. Have fun and keep it positive.
I'm going to get in touch with seadave from the overclockers. He's going to hook us up with stats as he did last year. He's working on the coding right now and will pass along a url when he has it up and running. He did a hella job last year with the stats. Many of us even have the final graph proudly stashed away in our files as a reminder of the contest and the outcome. If you have a chance, give him a pat on the back and a bit of thanks for his trouble. When I have that url for the site I'll pass it along to you guys/gals.
The thread for the username nomination, here.
The chimp challenge thread over at overclockers, here. (TBA)
Stats tracking courtesy of seadave77 at overclockers.
I'll try post screenshots from stanford for each team on may 5th, 12pm pacific.
Edit: MPC Start Screenshot OC Start Screenshot (links when available)
Starting points for MPC:
Starting points for OC:
Full Race Graph
I'll add more to/edit this post as necessary.