Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:02 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Newegg to Deny Vista Ultimate Rebates?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:49 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

A few months ago NewEgg had this deal running for OEM versions of Vista Ultimate 32 and 64 bit. I sent out my rebate stuff around the 15th of December and have been waiting patiently for some news about it occasionally checking the rebate-status page they give only to find nothing.

After doing some looking around on the internet to see if anyone else was having a similar problem I ran into this Forum Posting. Not something the exactly bodes well. A week ago I did call them myself to see if I could any more information about it. I initially mentioned it looked as though the rebate were directly through newegg, the service rep assured me newegg does not issue rebates directly(If newegg wasn't the one that setup the rebate it sure looks that way). Afterwards I told her what the rebate was for she kind of said, 'oh' and then said she had to talk to someone about it, after about 10 minutes she came back on and said they would look into it, and asked for me to confirm my e-mail address, which I did. I've not heard from them since, I'll probably follow up next week if I've not heard anything by then.

Can anyone else verify what was said on legit reviews? Did anyone else
send out for this one, being $50 off (gift card or not) I imagine it enticed a lot of people to pick this up. Has anyone actually received their gift card?

On another note I had sent out 3 other rebates for various other products off their site and have received confirmation they have been received. In one case I've already gotten my rebate back. These rebates do not seem to be issued by newegg as the vista rebate had been.

Post subject: Re: Newegg to Deny Vista Ultimate Rebates?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:32 pm 

Five Rabbits wrote:
Did anyone else
send out for this one, being $50 off (gift card or not) I imagine it enticed a lot of people to pick this up. Has anyone actually received their gift card?

I have sent mine in, did it about 4 weeks ago. I have not heard a word on it. I usually wait 8 weeks minimum before I start to get nervous. Rebates take forever to receive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:06 pm 
Team Creamsicles
Team Creamsicles

Rebates indeed take forever. I bought some Mushkin DDR RAM in July, filled out the rebate the next day and dumped it in the mail. I got the $15 check this January.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:21 am 
Little Foot
Little Foot

Thought I'd update everyone on this. My rebate did finally come; shortly after the 4th of July. So closer to 8 months than 8 weeks. But it did come, a few things though. Enclosed with the rebate was an apology/explanation. Apparently newegg's rebate company went bankrupt and it took them awhile to get another one and then to sort out the mess. Also the rebate was a check as opposed to a gift card; which isn't a huge problem I just don't have an excuse to blow $50 at newegg.

Anyways, that's the deal, and kudos to newegg for dealing with it even though their rebate company went bankrupt.

Post subject: wow
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:32 pm 

Holy crap, thats a long time for a rebate to show up. Usually if I haven't seen it in 90 days I write it off as a loss. I should probably be more adamant about my rebate checks, but I figure the moneys already spent, its just a bonus if I get some back. (but I might make an exception for $50 >.>)