Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:47 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: 70-290 help
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:30 pm 
Willamette
Willamette

I am planning on taking the 70-290 test in the next 2-4 weeks, can anyone tell me if there is a main area I should really focus my study on?

For example IIS is a weak area for me. Obviously I need to study this area but are there other areas that I will see more heavly focused questions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:43 am 
Little Foot
Little Foot

Don't just study a few things, even if your weak in them. Study as much as you can and do a few more questions in those areas each night. But don't just concentrate on them. I learned very quickly that the things I thought I was strong on screwed me the most. And the things I thought I was weakest on, didn't get always asked. Seemed like that was the way with all the certs I have taken. No matter if I passed them or not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:15 pm 
Klamath
Klamath

ptboy000 wrote:
Don't just study a few things, even if your weak in them. Study as much as you can and do a few more questions in those areas each night. But don't just concentrate on them. I learned very quickly that the things I thought I was strong on screwed me the most. And the things I thought I was weakest on, didn't get always asked. Seemed like that was the way with all the certs I have taken. No matter if I passed them or not.

you have a good point what certs have you taken and what certs have you got under your belt?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:09 am 

If you have taken a class for it, go to your schools computer lab and ask if they have practice exams for you to try. Those are what help me get through my certs the best.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:40 am 
Little Foot
Little Foot

sheldon wrote:
ptboy000 wrote:

you have a good point what certs have you taken and what certs have you got under your belt?

This is my other bit of helpful advice never ever try to get all these certs in two semester with a near cold start in computers. (Going from point and clicker to tech.)

Have A+ (the old software and hardware one), Net+. I also took the 70-290 cert that year but didn't pass it.

The next semester I took Linux plus, missed by less than 100. 70-270, was less than 50 points. And also tried the 70-291, that test blew me out of the water.

I still came out with two Associates degrees with a 3.4 GPA. And my current job is sending me to get my BA in Information Tech, because of my grades and drive. So everyone when you think of doing all your certs close together.. take it from me you loose about as much as you gain.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:55 am 

Just stay relaxed and focused and you will be fine. But mostly it's focus that will help you pass.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:04 pm 
Willamette
Willamette

A+, Network+, MCP, CSSA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:00 am 
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000

Flipper wrote:
A+, Network+, MCP, CSSA

These are one's you've written and passed? Sweet. Good for you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:14 am 
Northwood
Northwood

Flipper wrote:
A+, Network+, MCP, CSSA

One at a time? or did you take them as you took a certain class? (all in one year) or what?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:25 am 
Willamette
Willamette

No classes and took they one at a time when time permitted over the years.