Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:48 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: College Ideas
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:49 am 

I am gong to be a Junior in high school next year. I have already made a webpage. I like doing things on the computer Wen i was a freshman i tok a advanced computer class we have macs at school. I did flash movies i did movies in imovie i did dreamweaver all srts of things. It said advanced but i wouldnt even do work in hat class until 2-3 days before the project was do and i still got A's on the projects. I really like gamming on computers. Programing games and doing codes is something i like. I was thinking of going to a college for either web design or game design either one sounds good. I was jut wondering about colleges and wich ones would have goo programs for these. Also i was aondering what else i should do we dont have many computer classes at school but should i get some programs to design games an practice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:37 am 
Java Junkie
Java Junkie

Math. Take every math course your school offers. If you do well, you can try out some programming in college .. if you don't, stick to design and graphics work.

The important thing is to try as many different things as you can to see what you enjoy doing the most. If you enjoy your work, you'll love your life.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:40 pm 
Klamath
Klamath

there are maybe a handful of colleges that are good for game design (colleges that companies go to for hiring) And it is very competitive and very difficult.

Unless you like living and breathing game design and only sleeping 5 hours a night, stick to web design.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:54 pm 
Thunderbird
Thunderbird

Check out your local community colleges. They may have game design and web design classes. You can earn gen ed credits while you figure out what you want to do without breaking the bank. You can always transfer to a 4yr college / university later.