Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:54 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: The Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST)
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:19 pm 
Sharptooth
Sharptooth
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:50 am
Posts: 389
I've been looking at this along with taking the A+ test. Is it a hard test to past any advice


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:36 pm 
Klamath
Klamath

Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:27 am
Posts: 202
Location: Canada
its hard if you dont know what you need to know...


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:15 am 
Sharptooth
Sharptooth
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:00 am
Posts: 433
Location: Newburg
I took it back in November. I took the course in school and didn't really pay attention to the course, the 70-271 course i didn't even go through the book. Download a testking for it, make sure you have the latest version.


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:29 am 
Klamath
Klamath

Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:27 am
Posts: 202
Location: Canada
linkmaster6 wrote:
I took it back in November. I took the course in school and didn't really pay attention to the course, the 70-271 course i didn't even go through the book. Download a testking for it, make sure you have the latest version.



testking is a good tool but if you were to get a job and u need to know microsoft lol your in shit if you didint pay attention


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:47 pm 
Malware specialist
Malware specialist
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2005 12:49 pm
Posts: 11696
Location: Kansas City, KS
sheldon wrote:
linkmaster6 wrote:
I took it back in November. I took the course in school and didn't really pay attention to the course, the 70-271 course i didn't even go through the book. Download a testking for it, make sure you have the latest version.



testking is a good tool but if you were to get a job and u need to know microsoft lol your in shit if you didint pay attention


Remember certifications alone are not going to get you a job.

You also need practical experience, which is going to help you keep the job. The certifications may get your resume looked at though.

All these certifications state is you have enough brain's and technical experience to pass the test.


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:40 am 
8086
8086
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:44 am
Posts: 35
Location: Rhode Island
hackman2007 wrote:
sheldon wrote:
linkmaster6 wrote:
I took it back in November. I took the course in school and didn't really pay attention to the course, the 70-271 course i didn't even go through the book. Download a testking for it, make sure you have the latest version.



testking is a good tool but if you were to get a job and u need to know microsoft lol your in shit if you didint pay attention


Remember certifications alone are not going to get you a job.

You also need practical experience, which is going to help you keep the job. The certifications may get your resume looked at though.

All these certifications state is you have enough brain's and technical experience to pass the test.

+1 for this.

I'm taking my MCDST for work. I work with it everyday, but the cert. is just there to make me look good. 8) :lol:


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:16 pm 
Klamath
Klamath

Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:27 am
Posts: 202
Location: Canada
fadetobright wrote:
hackman2007 wrote:
sheldon wrote:
linkmaster6 wrote:
I took it back in November. I took the course in school and didn't really pay attention to the course, the 70-271 course i didn't even go through the book. Download a testking for it, make sure you have the latest version.



testking is a good tool but if you were to get a job and u need to know microsoft lol your in shit if you didint pay attention


Remember certifications alone are not going to get you a job.

You also need practical experience, which is going to help you keep the job. The certifications may get your resume looked at though.

All these certifications state is you have enough brain's and technical experience to pass the test.

+1 for this.

I'm taking my MCDST for work. I work with it everyday, but the cert. is just there to make me look good. 8) :lol:


lol there you go go fade...

and thats why in my A+ Cert guide i say you need one, the theory two, the hands on work


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 5:23 pm 
TravBv2.0
TravBv2.0
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:35 am
Posts: 3898
Location: In the server room
I too looked at the MCDST cert, but the 70-271 was very similar to the 70-270 , which is a beginning point for an MCSA. And all the 70-272 test is just knowing MS Office inside and out. If Office is something you must know for your current job, then the MCDST sounds like your bag, but I don't think this cert alone, or coupled with the A+ will get you a non-retail IT job.


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:36 am 
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 3:44 pm
Posts: 513
Location: Vancouver Island
Having 70-270 probably has more weight than MCDST...why...because employers will look specifically at a Windows XP specific cert with a bit more weight. And most have never seen or heard of MCDST. It's actually a fairly easy cert to get, but the 70-270 is actually fairly tough, given it goes over Remote Installation Services and deploying images quite a bit.

In fact, MCDST is usually called "Mc DST", like McDonalds because it's fairly easy to get.


Top
  Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group