Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:32 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: BlueScreen crashes w/ CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION 0x000000F4
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:39 am 

Acer Aspire 5102 WLMi
2x 1GB Kingston RAMs
AMD Turion64 x2 TL-50 (1.6 GHz, 512 KB L2 cache total, 256 KB on each core)
120 GB Hitachi 4200 RPM HD
ATI Radeon xPress 1100 integrated graphics card
Windows XP HOME (OEM) SP2 with latest updates
I have tried to solve this BSOD problem CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION
0x000000F4.
So far, I have not found out where the problem might be. (Also a rarer bsod crash I'm having now and then is KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR 0x00000077 (0xC000000E, 0xC000000E,
0x00000000, 0x0AC26000)
).

With the bluescreen error I'm having also "Windows - delayed write error" frequently.
In the event viewer there's warnings like
Event 51: "An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk0\D during a paging operation"
and Event 50: "{Delayed Write Failed} Windows was unable to save all the data for the file . The data has been lost."

Also very often, the Windows does not start at all, because the computer doesn't find any drivers such as hard disks or dvd-drives. After the boot, only the cursor is blinking on the black screen. So, then I had to re-boot and re-boot over again until it finds the drives.

Below's the list I had tried to for solving the problem

- I have tried 3 different sets of RAM memory sticks
- Checked the hard drive for erros and fixed them by chkdsk
- Unplugged and re-plugged the hard drive
- Unplugged and re-plugged the memory sticks
- Scanned viruses
- Reformatted, re-partitioned all partitions (except the hidden pqservice partition where the OS setup files are) and re-installed the OS
- Installed the latest drivers for graphics card and CPU
- Upgraded the BIOS
- Set the use of virtual memory off (No paging file)
- took the hard drive caching off
- tried the PIO-mode only.

However, still frequently, 1-3 times per day, the machine is crashing in the blue screen. I hope I would find some ideas from here. My main suspect is the hard drive, but I don't want to buy a new one until I can be sure the problems rely on the hard drive only.
Would there be a some way to specify where the problem is?

The memory dump in the address below:
http://personal.inet.fi/koti/user888/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:03 am 
[Team Member]
[Team Member]

About half way down the list is a drive fitness utility, download it and make the floppy or cd and run the test on your drive. It will tell you if the drive is failing or not.

http://www.hitachigst.com/hdd/support/download.htm

If the drive checks out ok, run memtest86+ to check the memory, one stick at a time. If any memory errors are found rma the ram.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/Memtest86_d4226.html

If the memory and hard drive check out ok, run checkdisk.
Start>run>type chkdsk /r /f, yes you need the space between the k and /also between r and /.
Hit enter, answer y to the question and reboot...go watch a movie, this takes a while. When it is done, windows will come back up. Hopefully the program can find and fix errors on the drive and within the software.

Here is an explanation of what the program within the operating system does:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315265

Nasty

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:22 am 

Nastyman wrote:
If the memory and hard drive check out ok, run checkdisk.

Thank's for a reply.
I ran all the tests you mentioned, no erros found. (I've run these earlier, but I ran them now again for to be sure.)

Any other ideas how could I find the problem?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:22 am 
[Team Member]
[Team Member]

Is your hard drive making ticking or clicking type sounds? If it is, back up your info, the drive may be on its death bed.

Did you look in the event viewer for errors in the system and application logs?

Uninstall all drivers, reboot and reinstall all drivers starting with the chipset driver then DX9c, then the video driver, then sound and all the rest.

Nasty

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:34 pm 

No, hard drive is making no sounds. Yes, event viewer tells me there are errors like:
Event 51: "An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk0\D during a paging operation"
and Event 50: "{Delayed Write Failed} Windows was unable to save all the data for the file . The data has been lost."
And also some DCOM errors once in a while.
But I've not been check any application logs. How can I check them?

I've re-installed the OS two times now after those BSODs started coming (about 1.5 months ago..), but still it keeps crashing with BSOD.
But, I have not tried to un-install the drivers you said.
I'm gonna un-install them and check if it would help. I'll report back here...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:44 pm 

- Reformatted, re-partitioned all partitions (except the hidden pqservice partition where the OS setup files are) and re-installed the OS = this is where your problem is.

u should try a clean install of xp home, delete ALL previous partitions. and start anew.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315266

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:33 am 

Naw-yi wrote:
u should try a clean install of xp home, delete ALL previous partitions. and start anew.

Thanks for tip.
But, I have
one question: What's the difference between

What I've done:
1)I've re-partiotioned and formatted the drives (except pqservice) and re-installed the OS. Isn't that clean-installing? Correct if i'm wrong.

and you tell me to try:
2)Clean-install of xp home and delete all partitions and start a new.

Do you mean I delete the hidden one also?
By the way, can I delete the PQSERVICE-partition? That's where the OEM-setup files are.

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:52 am 

acer notebooks come with NTI backup now! from which you can make a back up of your current partition(os) to cdrom/dvd. this is for system recovery.
and you say you've reinstalled xp on a different partition on the same drive and still getting this problem, bsod.

if you have a xp home disk, then this partition for recovery is no longer needed. unless its backing up all your software that you've installed on the computer since you bought it.

now a clean install with all previous partitions deleted, with sp3 installed, will give you a new machine from which if any errors 1 step toward fixing.

you've taken the os out of the picture. now if you have a problem after this with out any other driver install, its hardware.
if no problems then move on to installing the drivers, chipset, video, etc. if no problems, install 1 game and run, no problem move on to software.

take it step by step, no need to do a intensive tests when the systems os isnt known to be stable. it does no good. its is just guessing at the problem.

hope that helps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:05 am 

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/904779/en-us

for the 1st error.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315266

for the 2nd.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:45 am 

what os was originally installed on this notebook? are using xp home update disk?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:54 pm 

Thanks for helping out Naw-yi...

Naw-yi wrote:
and you say you've reinstalled xp on a different partition on the same drive

Sorry, maybe my output is ambiguous, but I meant I've re-partitioned the disk (Added, removed and re-sized them), but no, I have not installed it on the different partition. I've installed the OS on the same partition which it's always used to be.

Naw-yi wrote:
if you have a xp home disk, then this partition for recovery is no longer needed. unless its backing up all your software that you've installed on the computer since you bought it.

No, I don't have xp home disk. Only I have is OEM-windows which is pre-installed by manufacturer, and the setup files are on the PQService-partition. Sure, I have backuped that partition on the DVD-R. But my question is, can I safely delete that partition? Maybe I can't re-install my XP anymore without it or Windows doesn't work without it, I don't know.

Naw-yi wrote:
now a clean install with all previous partitions deleted, with sp3 installed, will give you a new machine from which if any errors 1 step toward fixing

Didn't I have done this? I have formatted partitions (except pqservice) and re-installed the XP.
What's the difference?

Naw-yi wrote:
what os was originally installed on this notebook? are using xp home update disk?

XP Home was pre-installed by manufacturer (OEM) on the PQService-partition. I've got no disks supplied with the computer when I bought it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:36 pm 

since you are reinstalling from a manufacturer install os partition, which might be corrupt, you cannot rule out that possibility.

don't delete that partition until you have a new xp disk w/keycode in your hand. i would recommend the full install version Not the update, and a oem for about 89$ has a keycode, you dont need the retail ver. always make sure the disk is scratch free.

i suggest you buy a xp disk home or pro, and do a clean install. clean install meaning all previous partitions are deleted and hd formatted. a clean install will be giving your notebook new life.

this restore partition is how manufactures save money buy not having to give each paying customer a valid copy w/key code of the os installed on the hd, be it xp, vista, etc. ever got a new xp disk(oem or retail) w/a alienware? oops, dell used to...lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:51 pm 

OK, now I got it what you mean by clean install.

So, that's what I'm going to do:
1)Buy XP Home or XP PRO - full version
2)I'll delete all those 3 partitions I have: C, D and hidden PQSERVICE
3)Combine PQSERVICE to C by some partition manager, and then I have 2 partitions.
4)Format them both
5)Install XP onto the first partition
6) Hope for the best.

OK.. I'll do this. This going to take some time, but once I've done it, I'll report here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:19 am 

good luck. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:51 am 

Now I got the clean install done. I did everything I said in my previous post I would do . But...
No.... the same crash happened, the same damned BSOD with the same error code! :(

The only drivers installed are ATI display drivers and Broadcom WLAN drivers. Maybe I should un-install them. But

they are used to be working fine, so I don't know if there's any benefit from unistalling them?
Event log is still showing, every once in a while, a following log: "An error was detected on device

\Device\Harddisk0\D during a paging operation" I don't know, if there's a link between BSOD and that event log

message?

Any ideas.. what should I try next?

edit: And.. an interesting fact is, after the BSOD happens, and I restart the system. Every single time, BIOS fails to detect any physical drives on the post screen, such as hard drive, dvd-drive, usb-drive. And I should keep booting over and over again until it detects them. One possibility for BSOD might be, the computer lost the hard drive middle of the session, and that's why the computer crashes?
Could the supply of power to hard drive be breaking every once in a while? Only if I could detect that somehow, what component in this system is failing. Any ideas, how can I find out and exclude that power supply thing?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:53 pm 

lol funny thing is im having similar problem. I just put in a new mobo EVGA nVidia nForce 780i SLI with Core 2 Quad 6600 @ 2.40GHz and a 512MB EVGA e-GeForce 8800GT. 1000W PSU as well as 4GB of memory DDR2 PC6400. I reinstalled my OS (window xp pro) and i replug every parts. I get blue screen few times like when i try to run some games after i ran another games or something like that. its weird. i need some advice also if you need what the blue screen have print out... gonna have to help me out to get a print out of it, not too sure how to do that. anyway thanks in advance of any help

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:48 am 

MIDN3rdC wrote:
gonna have to help me out to get a print out of it, not too sure how to do that.

As a default XP writes minidump into %SystemRoot%\Minidump when system crashes in bluescreen. Where %SystemRoot% locating as a default in c:\windows. You can check the path in System Properties..Advanced..Startup and Recovery. You cannot read the minidump i.e. with notepad, you need to a download debugging tool such as WinDbg from
http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/devtools/debugging/default.mspx

With WinDbg, you can open the *.dmp file. Also, you have to point the symbols url/path for the application.
http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/devtools/debugging/debugstart.mspx
"For example, to download symbols to c:\websymbols, you would add the following to your symbol path:
SRV*c:\websymbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols" <- quote from the link above.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:05 pm 

thanks for the info. next time i get BSOD i'll put the file up so you guys can see whats up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:17 pm 

Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.8.0004.0 X86
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Loading Dump File [C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini041108-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: C:\WINDOWS\Symbols
Executable search path is:
Unable to load image ntoskrnl.exe, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ntoskrnl.exe
Windows XP Kernel Version 2600 (Service Pack 2) MP (4 procs) Free x86 compatible
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Kernel base = 0x804d7000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0x8055c700
Debug session time: Fri Apr 11 03:13:50.234 2008 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:03:52.263
Unable to load image ntoskrnl.exe, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ntoskrnl.exe
Loading Kernel Symbols
................................................................................................................................
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
Unable to load image RtkHDAud.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for RtkHDAud.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for RtkHDAud.sys
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 100000D1, {ec, 2, 1, b1e3a525}

Probably caused by : RtkHDAud.sys ( RtkHDAud+20a525 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

this is what it pop up for my blue screen. please help what should i do?!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:22 am 

There's not all the info available.

If you are using WinDbg GUI, press the link
!analyze -v, on the line
"Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information"

or

type !analayze -v on command line.

There's the main suspect:
Probably caused by : RtkHDAud.sys ( RtkHDAud+20a525 )

This is part of your RealTek sound drivers. Have you tried to install the newest mainboard drivers? Audio drivers?