Maximum PC

It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:27 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: BIOS issues on an Albatron Mobo
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 3:48 am 
Little Foot
Little Foot

Hello all,

Finally resolved an issue that I thought was a faulty power supply, but was really user error (did not read the manual and hook up BOTH power connections).

Anyway the issue I have now is I can get into and configure the BIOS, sve and exit. But, when the machine goes to re-boot the onboard voice assisted diagnostics report a problem (what it is saying I don't understand - have contacted Albatron to try and figure out the error messages). I end up having to manually rest the BIOS via a jumper at which point the entire process starts over.

I did get Win XP home to start installing once after doing a manual rest and not configuing the BIOS but it would recognize my single SATA drive. Seperate problem from the BIOS issue I think unless for some reason it thinks it is in a RAID configuration because of BIOS?

HELP! :x

James

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 3:49 pm 
[Team Member]
[Team Member]

The cmos battery may be bad on your motherboard if it won't hold the bios settings you enter, new board or not it may be bad.

When you install XP, it asks you if you need to load third party drivers(raid), you must hit F6 then have your drivers ready on a floppy when XP asks for them.

Nasty

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 3:38 am 
Little Foot
Little Foot

Nastyman wrote:
The cmos battery may be bad on your motherboard...
When you install XP, it asks you if you need to load third party drivers(raid). Nasty

Thanks Nasty, I had thought about the cmos battery as well - that's an easy swap that I can try. However, my onboard voice assisted diagnostics is telling me "Your CPU may have a problem." Not certain if it is a related issue.

So even if I am only using a single SATA drive no mirrored or stripped array of any kind I still need to load third party drivers for it?

James

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 4:49 pm 
Team Member
Team Member

I dont know what model of motherboard you have, but my albatron K8X800 Pro II has a dual BIOS, if yours does try switching over to the backup one and see if it works. I might be guessing though.

Post subject: Albatron K8X800 Pro
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 7:05 am 

Hi I am new here but when I read your post i sounded similar to my problem.

I recently bought the Albatron K8X800 Pro mobo and had an issue with the bios from the start. I had to reflash the bios with the newest version before it would boot up the first time.

Here are the specs:
Albatron K8X800 Pro (not Pro II)
AMD Athlon 64 3200 (w/ 1Mb cache)
1Gb PC3200 RAM
ATI Radeon 9800 PRO (128Mb)

After I reflashed the Bios everything was peachy. I do have to keep the case side off to keep the proc at 42c.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 4:23 pm 
[Team Member]
[Team Member]

If it says your CPU may have a problem, you might not have the heatsink paste applied right....so the CPU may be getting too hot. Look in the bios and see what temp it is running at.

If you are going to use the SATA drive as your boot drive you need to add the drivers after hitting F6 during the install of the operating system. You need to have the drivers ready on a floppy.

I can't see the original post as I am typing this...if your CPU is a Pentium you must plug in the extra 12 volt line on the motherboard. That may be the message the bios is complaining about.

Nasty