Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:39 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Virtual Reality type headset for monitor
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:01 am 

Hi, I've been looking into how to make my mobile experience even better and i was looking for some help. What i would like to do is keep my laptop in my backpack while i walk around campus. I've already found a small keyboard w/ stylus designe to attatch to your arm, and a headsets easy enough to find, but i can figure out what to do for the monitor.
A while back i remember seeing an ad on tv for some stocks program, but the guy had a headset monitor that went over 1 of his eyes and was just like a monitor. I also saw the same thing in the movie "Hackers". I was curious if anyone knew some websites with these types of things.
I could just get a full headset of some kind, but that would be kinda stupid walking around, which is why i thought of the 1 eye type, but any recomendations would be appreciated.

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:22 pm 
Coppermine
Coppermine

You would look stupid walking around with that. Get a smart phone its great.

Post subject: Re: Virtual Reality type headset for monitor
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:05 am 

well what an opinion that is....hum.

they are called FIELD VIEW, remote control fliers use them for in flight video and TRUCK DRIVERS also use them on their computers laptop (basically the same set up you describe) when they are in a team operation and they are in the bunk.

like to add you didn't express anything about how you would look...but yes it is possible, extremely possible...but as for walking around is a little short sited, as for riding in a car as a passenger or on an airplane.....or in a truck having a text conversation with the wife in IM while traveling 75 mph down the highway.....now that a little different and the bonus, you won't get a brain tumor from using it, like you would when you use cell phone and it makes your PC view UNBELIEVABLE.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]