Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:34 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 234 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:42 pm 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

Thumb...Sideways?

Newegg: Have always served me very well. Shipping being a huge plus all over the US. Things just seemed to ship and get to me remarkably fast.

Until now. First issue in a very long time, and it's repeatable. San Diego must be a black zone for them technically speaking. All orders come from New Jersey instead of the City of Industry. 7th order since being down here, 41 products in all...and all originating in New Jersey.

What use to take 3 days max, now takes 7. And that's 2 more business days than the claimed "Free 3 day shipping".

As a side note, many of my Mail In Rebates are expired before the package arrives. Bad timing really, so sideways again. If a deal expires on Oct. 31, I order it and it ships on the 31st, it should still go through the best route to get here before the MIR expires on Nov7th.

Just odd that the city of origin is across the country now, in the very state that use to originate orders in state. It's just an hour or two north of here for Pete's sake.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:08 am 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

Found a great thumbs up for me. ClubIT

They've been advertising specific stepings to pick from in CPU's. Upon arrival, each and every have been exactly as ordered. 4th G0 X3120, 5th M02160 = 100%, so it's no gimmick. Huge thumbs up for that alone.

They're also being very aggressive in sales, rebates, and specials in general. Even better than newegg really. Compared to the egg, ClubIT seems to be offering all rebates from the manufacturer, but also include their own rebate on top of that. That makes for some great deals if you're an MIR shopper. It's incredible IMO what you can get for $150 there. CoolerMaster CM690 was $23, 2G OCZ Plat DDR2-800 was $25, CPU was $78, Coolermaster 120mm water cooler was $30...

...and it's out the door and here in SD the next day. Ordered yesterday at 3:20 PM, and this is the tracking!

Nov 13, 2007
8:04 AM - On FedEx vehicle for delivery - SAN DIEGO, CA
6:46 AM - At local FedEx facility - SAN DIEGO, CA
4:42 AM - Departed FedEx location - CITY OF INDUSTRY, CA
Nov 12, 2007
10:35 PM - Arrived at FedEx location - CITY OF INDUSTRY, CA
3:41 PM - Package data transmitted to FedEx - City of Industry, CA

Post subject: Newegg is amazing...
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:49 pm 
Thoroughbred
Thoroughbred

Thumbs way up for Newegg.

I ordered the parts for my AMD quad-core Phenom (re)build..from Newegg on Sunday,Nov.25,2007 at 4:55 PM PST. I didn't even specify rush processing. To my utter amazement, when I checked my order status page,it already said Step 5:Your order has been shipped. (Monday,Nov.26,2007).
This just further confirms why I love shopping at Newegg.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:43 am 

Thumbs up to slysoft for posting this on their site

AnyDVD History 6.2.0.1 2007 11 20

- Note to people considering to invest in HD media: Please buy HD DVD instead of Blu-ray. HD DVD is much more consumer friendly (e.g., no region coding, AACS not mandatory, no BD+). Don't give your money to people, who throw your fair-use rights out of the window.

http://www.slysoft.com/download/changes_anydvd.txt

Thumbs down
- to online vendors who don't answer customer's inquiries or can't accommodate shipping requests & don't want to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:53 am 
Thoroughbred
Thoroughbred

Thumbs up to FedEx. I ordered a Chaintech AV710 soundcard from Zipzoomfly.com,as an early Christmas present for my Dad. I ordered it at 2:23PM on Sunday,Nov.25,2007. Shipped out at 3:02 PM Nov.26,2007. It'll be here today.(Nov.28,2007). The reason I'm so impressed is I only asked for 5-7 day shipping,and the soundcard's arriving at my house in 2 days. I'm seriously impressed.Here's a copy of the tracking number:
http://tinyurl.com/2t3spe . (link to FedEx's tracking page.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:35 am 

Thumbs Up:

Zipzoomfly.com
Newegg
Logitech
Amazon.com

Thumbs Down:

TigerDirect
Saitek
eBay

Thumbs sideways:

Keytronic
Overstock.com
Microsoft(peripherals)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:28 pm 
Northwood
Northwood

Thumbs up to United States Plastic Corp, For getting my acrylic here in two days without selecting two-day shipping

Thumbs Down: UPS for damaging the acrylic. (I bough large enough "slabs" that I can work around it, though.

Thumbs Up: Asus For their awesome cases and power supplies.

Thumbs down: Sony for selling computers who's cd drives stop responding after three years. (Not one of our four sony computers have lasted 3 years.

Thumbs up: Canon, for leading the market with their awesome Pentium 1 computers, and top of the line hard drives with 350 mb, and a CD drive that has outlasted every one of the Sony's we own.

Up: Fujitsu, for making the plasma I am using right now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:46 pm 
Thoroughbred
Thoroughbred

Thumbs up to:
Performance-pcs. There site not working properly when I ordered, but I called and everything was shipped quickly.

Thumbs up to:
UPS, I received my Lian Li V2000 with no damage. It was right on schedule to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:18 pm 
Team Member Top 250
Team Member Top 250

Thumbs up:
MPC - best tech magazine ever!!!!!
Newegg - if anyone doesn't like newegg, they are not from planet earth.
UPS - ups is great. they delivered my memory wicked fast. Ordered it at 11 am and got it 6 pm the next day, with their standard 3 day shipping. fantastic!
Bestbuy - did the order online, pick up at store thing, fantastic!! i ordered an ipod shuffle, went to pick it up and had it ready within 30 minutes from when i ordered it.
FrozenCPU - Best selection of water cooling i have ever experienced.
Ati - excellent price:performance ratio
Nvidia - Great performing cards
Intel - great cpu's
Amd - good budget cpus's
Microsoft - For windows xp
Linux - an alternative to windows
and others

Thumbs down!!!
Dell - my mom ordered a dell (can't remember which one) an never got it. Never got a refund cause, according to dell, it arrived.
FedEx - took 6 days to ship a cpu cooler with their 3 day guarantee. luckily i got a refund for shipping.
microsoft - for [attempting to] shove the most bloated, buggy, crappy os i have ever witnessed in my life, down our throats (cough cough "vista").
and others

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:27 pm 
Thoroughbred
Thoroughbred

whelderwheels613 wrote:
microsoft - for [attempting to] shove the most bloated, buggy, crappy os i have ever witnessed in my life, down our throats (cough cough "vista").
and others
Why all the hate playah?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:01 pm 
Million Club
Million Club

Both Thumbs down: Bestbuy.. I hate that place with a passion. A: most of the staff are complete morons when it comes to PC tech. B: every item you buy they try and cram the extended warranty down your throat.

Sadface: Compusa is closing, that was the only place I went when I needed a retail location. :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:47 am 
Thoroughbred
Thoroughbred

Thumbs up: batteryspace.com. I ordered a new charger for my Mag85 (it's a modified Maglight,check http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/ ) on Monday,Jan.14,2008 at 4:38 PM. At 12:24 AM on Jan.15,2008,it had already shipped out via UPS Ground. It should be here by Thursday the 17th.
(To say I'm impressed would be an understatement!!).

Post subject: BestBuy SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:14 pm 

2 thumbs down to Bestbuy (BB) - They just don't care about the customer!!! Son and I went there tonight to redeem a $20 BB "Reward Certificate" by purchasing a $19.99 Microsoft xBox360 Points card. Cashier refused transaction, said we'd have to buy an additional product to put us up to or over the $20 certificate amount, exclusive of taxes. No cash back policy. (We were 1 cent short!) We didn't want the stupid penny - we just wanted the merchandise. How come they couldn't ring it up and keep the penny? My son and I left, but in the parking lot I saw my son was very disappointed. When I told him we should go back inside and speak to a BB manager, he started to cry. I told him we should stand up for our rights, and go back in to complain. We did, tried to speak to a manager - but she was defensive and controlling, tried to handle the situation (aka handle us), falsely accussed me of yelling (I didn't, and tried to then whisper loud), accussed me of "getting in her face" (I didn't, exclaimed that was untrue, as I stepped further away). We left the store - without our product, feeling angry, resentful, and abused by their uncaring system.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:31 pm 
Team Member Top 250
Team Member Top 250

They were idiots. You can mark things up (for odd situations where something won't go through, so you mark something else down in conjunction) so if you were willing to forgo the penny, they could have done it. They may not have know though, its rarely used.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:59 pm 

Thanks for the comment FusilliJerry82! I agree, it's so ridiculous. If the (nice) Bestbuy cashier had said that she wanted to, but didn't know how, I feel she should've called a Manager for assistance. Instead, she just said she couldn't, that we'd have to buy something else.

And when we subsequently took the item to the so-called "Customer Service" counter, and dropped it off unbought, and briefly explained why, and told them that they could re-stock the product, they should've handled it there. Nope. They seemed confused and surprised that we refused to buy something else so that there wouldn't be a cash back (1 cent) issue due us. Surely we're not the only customer to refuse to buy more to redeem a "Rewards Certificate" (or gift card, as the no cash back policy applies towards them too).

And after getting home and calling Bestbuy's "Customer Relations" Dept. to file a complaint, they also lacked any sympathy and didn't take any action. Nobody at Bestbuy seems to care how we the customers felt when Bestbuy put the issue of 1 cent before us!

And, so, still upset, I called the Bestbuy store, and spoke again to the manager that had handled everything poorly. I explained who I was and that I had filed a complaint with corporate and would file another w/ the Store Manager. The manager was not happy to hear from me again. Instead of trying to be fair or neutral, the manager (again) was defensive and agressive, and said that it was MY fault - that I didn't let her handle the problem, and that's why she asked us to leave. (I didn't know she had asked us to leave - now I'm more upset).

I guess Bestbuy's poor reputation for customer service, and their terrible resellerratings.com rating, are an indication that my latest experience with them was not an isolated incident.

I hate it when I'm treated poorly by anyone, but especially by an employee who is paid to treat me with respect and fairness. Maybe I should file a small claims court suit to annoy them like they have us?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:24 pm 
Team Member Top 250
Team Member Top 250

I don't think it'd qualify for small claims because you technically weren't cheated anything monitarilly. Still, I get where you're coming from.

I have yet to encounter any sort of "customer appreciation" program worth the pain in the ass in applying for it and keeping it in your wallet. The savings are negligible and only gets your information sold to marketing companies in many cases. I don't think if that's the case for BB but it is for many.

Their "Customer Rewards" is also not worth it. They make money under the assumption that of all the people who pay $5 for the "administrative fee" or whatever that justification is referred to, only a fraction of people will actually remember to present their card every purchase until they spend the ludicrously large abount of money to get your $20, and an even smaller percentage will remember or bother to use the $20, similar to why companies love gift cards so much. Stupid company line during the holidays; "want to get some Best Buy gift cards for the holidays? How about a magazine subscription?" Fuck off.

I worked there for almost 2 years and couldn't bring myself to bullshit people so brazenly. I only the rewards card up if they were spending enough to get the $20 immediately after that purchase and even then I said they would have to call a number to get it mailed to them, if they thought that inconvenience was worth it. Also would only recommend extended warranties on things like laptops and items that would cost an assload to fix or require replacement if they broke soon after the 1 year manufacturer's warranty. I find it hillarious when a store offers a 1 year warranty effective at purchase when there's already a 1 year manufacturer's warranty. Great Value. :evil: Buyer beware.

It truly pissed be off how phony they were in referring to these things as customer-centric but they'd keep percentage figures on extended warranties, gift cards, rewards cards, and in-house installations sold and would phonilly scould you if you didn't sell enough. The manager would talk to you in the cadence and tone of the manager of Chotchkey's in Office Space complaining about the lack of flair. "If you feel the bare minimum is enough well.....*oh no face* OK, but people come to Best Buy for the *one finger* prices, and the *two fingers* service." Shut up you corporate whore.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:16 pm 
Team Member Top 500
Team Member Top 500

FusilliJerry82 wrote:
Their "Customer Rewards" is also not worth it. They make money under the assumption that of all the people who pay $5 for the "administrative fee" or whatever that justification is referred to, only a fraction of people will actually remember to present their card every purchase until they spend the ludicrously large abount of money to get your $20, and an even smaller percentage will remember or bother to use the $20, similar to why companies love gift cards so much.

RewardZone is now free, they've dropped all fees that were once associated with it. In the 4 years that I've been a RewardZone member, I've earned & spent over $300 in RewardZone certificates. Longest I've had a RewardZone certificate without spending it is 3 days. If you shop at BestBuy on a regular basis, you SHOULD sign up for RewardZone, you're paying the same price at the register either way & the way it's set up now, you can choose the amount you get back from $5 to $500 & have the certificates delivered to your email. I'm currently working on a $500 certificate (25,000 points) which I will probably use in the purchase of a nice 60+ inch 1080p HDTV to replace my aging 50" 720P HDTV...

People don't spend gift cards, for 3 reasons, 1> convenience (store is not conveniently located), 2> dislike (I don't like Chinese food so why did you buy me a gift card for a Chinese restraunt), 3> who needs a gift card when you have more money than god...

Unfortunately, the problems pentiuman faced at his local BB can happen at any major chain store, not just Best Buy. Over the past 2 decades, I've had similar results at: Circuit City, CompUSA, Staples, Sears, Wal-Mart, Target, J.C. Penny, & Home Depot, but amazingly, not at my local Best Buy. I have had dealings with store management, they're just very "customer is always right" oriented at my local BB store... then again, it could be that I've just been lucky so far.

Post subject: Thanks! I feel a little better!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:49 pm 

Thanks everyone for understanding and letting me rant!

I agree that (unfortunately) BB doesn't have a market on poor customer service - it's found almost everywhere, to some degree, at one time or another. Maybe the only issue is to what degree and when. (For the record, the people and companies that have treated me nearly 100% right are Newegg, my local Hyvee grocery store, my awesome son, and a couple old friends).

I think I should've started my own company years ago. Would've made a lot of profit, since I put people first (which is always either financially profitable or good for the soul, in the end). Yes, I would probably have a couple customers that can't be pleased no matter what. But, A) That's not me, and B) There's a way to be nice and agreeable and still not sway a company policy or give out an extra penny. - Heck, on rare occassions, I've called a company to firmly complain, and was met by the nicest person that made me feel guilty for being so demanding. A kind voice - like the female spokesperson one that represents Gateway 2000, can make you forget your troubles. Lesson is: Be nice, help people, treat others as you wish to be treated, and stand up for your rights. THANKS!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:50 am 
Million Club
Million Club

Bestbuysux.org was apparantly purchased by BB, and now has the taint of BB all over it. Pretty brazen of them if you ask me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:49 pm 
Thoroughbred
Thoroughbred

Thumbs up to Newegg. I ordered a Pioneer DVR-115 DVD burner for a freind of mine.
I ordered the burner at 2:20 PM Feb.15,2008. At 7:25 PM Feb.15,2008: Already shipped out via UPS Ground. 5 hours from order submission to shipment. I'm amazed.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 234 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next