Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:13 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Podcast #8 - Feedback
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:06 pm 
Maximum PC Editor
Maximum PC Editor

I'm posting the show momentarily, so check your podcast program. You can point your feed reader here to subscribe.

Jeremy's back, so it's just the Maximum PC crew this week, before you guys ask :)

If you'd like to submit any questions for the Q&A section of our next podcast, please submit a brief question in MP3 format (smaller than 10MB) to maximumpcpodcast@gmail.com.

Hope you guys enjoy!

///Will

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:16 am 

Great cast guys thanks, just wondering if you could post the Url for the open sores hard where project.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:05 pm 
Team Member
Team Member

I'm about to rip the Linux section up a bit, but with good intentions, so please bare with me :)
  • Ubuntu is pronounced oo-bun-too.
  • The Ubuntu website is .com, not .org.. very important ;)
  • Feisty's nowhere near stable at the moment, and we have no way of knowing how the alpha release will have reflected the final release. Additionally, the codecs have always been around, just not as easily accessible, and they're illegal.

Quite an informative podcast. That's the first I've heard of the Google Phone and open-source hardware. I'd be appreciative if you keep us updated in the magazine of both of these subjects :D

I've really been enjoying these podcasts. Keep up the good work! Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:16 pm 
Maximum PC Editor
Maximum PC Editor

I've been running Feisty on my laptop for a few weeks (herd 5 + updates) and haven't had any problems. It's a fairly standard config though, with Intel wireless.

I'm using Feisty simply because the story will hit after the 4/19 release (assuming that they hit the 4/19 date) and I don't want to write a story for something that's 7 months old and out of date.

That might be a mistake, but I think it's stable enough to use, and a big enough improvement that it's worth the risk.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:07 am 

Excellent Podcast. I especially like to hear about things that Dave burned up in the lab.

and bobba-booey to y'all !!

Post subject: outlook rant
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:04 am 

generally got to say i agree with the outlook/exchange hating, but what's the problem with shifting emails from different accounts into different folders? I have 4 accounts I grab from and deposit to separate locs quite easily using the outlook rules.

Gee, wish I could charge somebody for 6 hours of my time to not make something work! Give me a call anytime you need that kind of assistance lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:20 am 

Not having used anything but outlook/exchange, I may be a little biased. However, setting up a new rule to filter messages by email address is not difficult at all, as the previous poster stated.

A few minutes on google would give the necessary steps to doing this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:48 am 

Can someone give me the name of the vendor or a direct link to the open source hardware article on sxsw.com