Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:33 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Common Posting Issues and Questions
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:32 am 
iron colbinator
iron colbinator

Why isn't my signature working?
    Simple, the forum has signatures disabled. No, we aren't going to enable them.
Why isn't my avatar displaying properly?
    Two possibilities: you don't yet have avatar privileges (they are granted after a post history is established), or, there's something goofy with the forum software.
I get a weird "Mistake!" error when posting, and my post gets erased! Why does this happen?
    This message happens when there's a large amount of time between clicking "Reply" and "Preview" or "Submit." As the message says (if you decode it), you will have to hit back, reload the page, and re-submit. Some browsers/extensions handle this better than others, suggestions to avoid it entirely are to hit "Preview" regularly or to copy/paste your message into a text editor before submitting.
Who do I contact if I have a problem with my username not being activated, or something else is wrong with my account, or I get banned and I want to know why?
    In the Rules section, you'll find a list of admins and staff members. If they can't help you, they can connect you with someone who can -- many have their email addresses visible in their profiles.
Jeez the forum is slow, are you guys powering the webservers with hamsters? I thought this was Maximum PC!
    Unfortunately, there are many things about the intertubes that are out of our hands. There are scheduled forum backups and maintenance that can cause slowdowns or outages, and there are threads in Forum Feedback for reporting slowdown issues.
Why does my text get replaced with other text (e.g. "parhelia is the greatest video card ever") after I post?
    This happens when you've used banned words, including URLs that the staff have found to be issues in the past. The text is automatically replaced by the forum software.
What do I do if I get spammed in a PM (Private Message)?
    Please report these to the admin staff via PM as soon as possible. The offending member will be nuked from orbit ASAP, the sooner we know, the better -- you can tell which admins are online by the list at the bottom of the front page (if none are online, go ahead and pick a victim).
A thread I visited says "Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /var/www/html/maximumpc/website/forums/includes/bbcode.php on line 222" -- what do I do?
    Please report it to the "Help! I borked an entire thread" list and an admin will fix it. To avoid this in the future, don't post exceedingly long URLs "naked" -- wrap them in BBcode first.

Last edited by colby on Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:43 am 
Monkey Federation (Top 10)*
Monkey Federation (Top 10)*

Could you have made that any harder to read? :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:59 am 
iron colbinator
iron colbinator

Spider Monkey wrote:
Could you have made that any harder to read? :P

Yes.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]