Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:11 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: rig of the month...do i have a chance?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 7:51 pm 
BANNED
BANNED
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 6:32 pm
Posts: 11
Location: timbucktoo
I wanna win rig of the month on my new comp...but i got a couple of questions. First i wanna say that i cant paint, cut, drill, or whatever at all. But i can design artwork with adobe illustrator really good. I believe that a computer that is rig of the month cannot be a computer with a awesome outside and in the inside run a amd xp1800 with a gforce 4.
I believe it should look kick ass on the outside and the same for the inside.
So far ive got a blk pioneer 16x dvd player, blk plextor premium, seagate cuda 8mb 120gb hard drive, 15k rpm u320 18gb seagate cheetah and a blk key tronic keyboard...and the rest i still on the shelves. Pretty much this thing is gonna be a monster. For the ouside i want a btx case painted by SMOOTH CREATIONS with the designs ive made off of illustrator. Does anyone think this idea i have for my next rig could hae a chance? I know the inside is awesome....just want to know what the editors might say about the paint job not done by me.


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 11:32 pm 
Contributing Writer
Contributing Writer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2004 8:09 pm
Posts: 9602
Location: Land of the Lounge Lizards
Having it done FOR you is not going to help your chances. Also, a painted case is most likely going to be eaten alive by something more outlandish and creative. The best advice is to do this for your own benefit and don't bank on winning 'rig of the month.'


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 12:06 am 
BANNED
BANNED
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 6:32 pm
Posts: 11
Location: timbucktoo
i guess i could add some of those lcd diplays or guages on the front bays....but i dont think that would be enough. nuts.


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: rig of the month...do i have a chance?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 9:00 am 
I'd rather be modding!
I'd rather be modding!
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 3:47 pm
Posts: 3731
Location: Las Vegas
1. Do it becasue you want to - not to win alone

2. If you can make a design, make it and post it and we can look at it and give you advice.

3. Its best when you do as much work as possible one your own. Thats not to say having outside sources is wrong. Somefolks want a pro paint job but are not pro painters.

4. For inspiration, there is a thread called "For a little bit fo Fame...." in this folder that has links to modding resources. Contribute if you wish

MantaBase


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: rig of the month...do i have a chance?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 1:53 pm 
Willamette
Willamette
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 3:34 pm
Posts: 1182
Location: So Cal
MantaBase wrote:
2. If you can make a design, make it and post it and we can look at it and give you advice.



you mean steal it?? mwhahahahah


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: rig of the month...do i have a chance?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 4:15 pm 
I'd rather be modding!
I'd rather be modding!
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 3:47 pm
Posts: 3731
Location: Las Vegas
BiggPa wrote:
MantaBase wrote:
2. If you can make a design, make it and post it and we can look at it and give you advice.



you mean steal it?? mwhahahahah


Manta no steal - manta own :) Manta checks patent search engine - makes sure it is ready!

Anyways - its still good advice. I mean I can tell him what material to look at and all.

Manta - post 98


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 4:42 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2004 10:11 am
Posts: 146
Location: Pembroke, Ont. Canada
From the "rig of the month" systems I've seen, they all seem to be pretty much hand made everything, well except for that god awful wedding PC. I don't think an "off the shelf case" cuts it for rig of the month. If off the shelf cases were good enough, I might even give it a go :)


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: rig of the month...do i have a chance?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 5:00 pm 
Willamette
Willamette
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 3:34 pm
Posts: 1182
Location: So Cal
MantaBase wrote:
BiggPa wrote:
MantaBase wrote:
2. If you can make a design, make it and post it and we can look at it and give you advice.



you mean steal it?? mwhahahahah


Manta no steal - manta own :) Manta checks patent search engine - makes sure it is ready!

Anyways - its still good advice. I mean I can tell him what material to look at and all.

Manta - post 98


haha, yea


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 8:27 am 
BANNED
BANNED
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 6:32 pm
Posts: 11
Location: timbucktoo
This idea is very much not stolen....when i was in iraq from march 03-april04 i was using my alienware laptop and a IRAQI ADOBE ILLUSTRATOR...yea i know what u are thinking but i paid 4bucks for it ok.
anyways i spent like 6-7 months on it. I wish i could show u guys a pic...but as lame as its sounds...i dont want anyone else to have the oppertunity to dload it and say they made it. The good news is i got an got a email from the guy at smooth creations...and he said it was do able..might not be 100% accurate cause of the detail. Get this the paint theme is going to reflect whats in the inside of the comp...this is what i got so far:
plextor premium blk
pioneer 16 dvd blk
sony floppy blk
seagate 120 gb 8mb cache
seagate cheetah 15k 18gb u320
san
THE THEME ON THE OUTSIDE WILL BE CALLED
PRETTY HATE MACHINE...yea i know its an album
name...but im a huge ass fan...and i thought the name
would be the best way to describe my machine.


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 10:59 am 
Willamette
Willamette
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 3:34 pm
Posts: 1182
Location: So Cal
Bigphathairydeal wrote:
This idea is very much not stolen....when i was in iraq from march 03-april04 i was using my alienware laptop and a IRAQI ADOBE ILLUSTRATOR...yea i know what u are thinking but i paid 4bucks for it ok.
anyways i spent like 6-7 months on it. I wish i could show u guys a pic...but as lame as its sounds...i dont want anyone else to have the oppertunity to dload it and say they made it. The good news is i got an got a email from the guy at smooth creations...and he said it was do able..might not be 100% accurate cause of the detail. Get this the paint theme is going to reflect whats in the inside of the comp...this is what i got so far:
plextor premium blk
pioneer 16 dvd blk
sony floppy blk
seagate 120 gb 8mb cache
seagate cheetah 15k 18gb u320
san
THE THEME ON THE OUTSIDE WILL BE CALLED
PRETTY HATE MACHINE...yea i know its an album
name...but im a huge ass fan...and i thought the name
would be the best way to describe my machine.



btw, i was kidding
i dont think people around here would steal your ideas...

send links in the Private Messages?


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 11:38 am 
BANNED
BANNED
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 6:32 pm
Posts: 11
Location: timbucktoo
better safe then sorry. So does the name fit an awesome rig?


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 3:27 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2004 10:11 am
Posts: 146
Location: Pembroke, Ont. Canada
Bigphathairydeal wrote:
better safe then sorry. So does the name fit an awesome rig?


Cool name.

It's driving me nuts..what band recorded that album?


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 4:45 pm 
I'd rather be modding!
I'd rather be modding!
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 3:47 pm
Posts: 3731
Location: Las Vegas
Bigphathairydeal wrote:
better safe then sorry. So does the name fit an awesome rig?


For the record, I am not going to steal any ideas - but if you don't wanna post just PM me. No one sees PM messages but me (unless there is a serious problem)

Also - see the thread "For a little bit of fame...." in this folder/forum.

And also see "Pimp My Rig!" in the mag feedback folder.

Manta


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 5:05 pm 
BANNED
BANNED
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 6:32 pm
Posts: 11
Location: timbucktoo
First. Dont be a fuckin smartass. And 2nd. i never said or
thought u were gonna steal anything. 3rd. Man if i got anything
to say to u whats wrong with the post? not a damn thing. And
lastly please dont reply to this...i hate those threads where 2
people just argue with eachother.


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 6:23 pm 
Contributing Writer
Contributing Writer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2004 8:09 pm
Posts: 9602
Location: Land of the Lounge Lizards
Let's all simmer down. Manta was trying to be helpful, both in suggesting private messaging as a tool for discussing things one wouldn't want public, and also in suggesting an alternate thread that may prove to be of interest. While he can be a smarta$$ on occassion (most usually in good fun), I don't think this was one of those times :wink:


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 7:06 pm 
8086
8086

Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 7:03 pm
Posts: 2
hey-did you ever notice that in the rules&regs for the rig of the month the contest ended may 1st? is this just a typo or have they quit the contest?


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 7:11 pm 
Willamette
Willamette
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 3:34 pm
Posts: 1182
Location: So Cal
Neo wrote:
hey-did you ever notice that in the rules&regs for the rig of the month the contest ended may 1st? is this just a typo or have they quit the contest?


i think that was for the Bawlz drink prizes and stuff


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 10:42 pm 
Team Member
Team Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2004 12:56 am
Posts: 1076
Location: Powder Springs, GA
Bigphathairydeal wrote:
better safe then sorry. So does the name fit an awesome rig?

if u wanna just post a picture of ur idea, put a huge watermark across the middle but make it somewhat transparent so u can still see it, that way people cant steal it and say it's theirs.

Booradley wrote:
It's driving me nuts..what band recorded that album?

Nine Inch Nails ...


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 6:29 am 
I'd rather be modding!
I'd rather be modding!
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2004 3:47 pm
Posts: 3731
Location: Las Vegas
One4yu2c wrote:
Let's all simmer down. Manta was trying to be helpful, both in suggesting private messaging as a tool for discussing things one wouldn't want public, and also in suggesting an alternate thread that may prove to be of interest. While he can be a smarta$$ on occassion (most usually in good fun), I don't think this was one of those times :wink:


Hmmm.....didn't realise it was so hard to tell when I was and when I wasn't :wink:


Manta


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 6:38 am 
Contributing Writer
Contributing Writer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2004 8:09 pm
Posts: 9602
Location: Land of the Lounge Lizards
Well, you disagreed w/ me one day, on a forum that shall remain Delphi, and I've just never recovered :cry:


Top
  Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group