Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Thu Dec 25, 2014 1:03 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 234 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 3:37 pm 
King of All Voodoo2 Cards

He did have it, and attempted delivery today

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 3:39 pm 
Smithfield*
Smithfield*

UPS is good on a far shipment but once it gets to your small local hub the actuall delivery people tend to SUCK especially in the rural mounatins i live in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 10:54 pm 
Team Member Top 50
Team Member Top 50

thumbs up:
www.newegg.com
www.ecost.com
www.ebay.com
Fedex(i cant say this enough I FUCKING LOVE FEDEX!)
Radio shack(of course the employee discount helps put)

thumbs down
UPS
USPS
(both are two slow)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 8:06 am 

I usually always go with USPS Priority.

They got my stuff from CA to NY in 4 days beating out the brown shirted ninjas by 3 business days, they never lost any of my packages, and they're cheaper too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 5:58 pm 
team psycho or sumthin
team psycho or sumthin

ninjas??how would a 200lb woman or a 70 year old man be considered a ninja?:shock:

j/k

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 6:02 pm 

drainbread wrote:
ninjas??how would a 200lb woman or a 70 year old man be considered a ninja?:shock:

j/k

Here's an old post from the Commport from like 2001:

I hate it when they dont leave the freakin thing in my doorway between the doors or lo and behold that big-assed mailbox I bought just for the occasion... They seem to have radar though and always pull up right as I sit down on the throne... Never while Im available... And whats with "whisper-knocking" or the knock and haul ass tactic.. I once chased one of those brown shirted ninjas up the street and into his truck to get my burner... He tapped the door and booked for the truck, He said he didnt see me?!?! I was right on him almost!!! I grabbed him as he was pulling away and hollared " gimmie my shit dammit" You guys should see the fun we have with them out here...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 6:19 pm 
team psycho or sumthin
team psycho or sumthin

i get it now :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 12:23 am 

I gotta admit I work for UPS as scanner and loader for 3 years and I was reading all the shit UPS is getting. I haven't gotten a plm with UPS around here. It probably depends on those drivers. I am Deaf and I can't hear the door knock or buzzer so they usually stick the stick-on paper on the window at the front entrance and leave my package to the landlord office. The stick-on telling me to pick it up at the office. That was nice and convience for me. I am sorry to hear that those drivers in your area really sucked. I am waiting to become a driver within 7 years on waiting list. They are highly paid workers in UPS like $ 22 an hour driving all day delivering and picking up 6 days a week. I know it's no excuse for those driver to finger tap the door and bolt to the truck. I would have banged the door twice and waited. If no answer then I will stick a post-on on the door that I will return for second attempt later in the day. Or even leave it at your landlord office or any instructions you might have left to UPS over the phone or the note on the door in your absence. Going after those trucks on the road wouldn't be a good idea. They might not have it so if you got a problem, give UPS a call. They will return to you if they have it. That's what I do. It probably depends on those drivers' tendency and behaviour. Trust me I wouldn't do that stupid things as making a ghostly knock and disappear.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 6:06 pm 
Coppermine
Coppermine

SuperChip64 wrote:
Thumbs Up:

newegg.com
CompUSA well, for me, anyway. :) Can you get a 2.8c for $69? I can :P
D & J Computers http://www.djpcstore.com

Thumbs Down:

Best Buy
Circuit City

:)

SC64

I must give a THUMBS DOWN to compusa, 3 years ago I sent the rebate form for my HDD, according to them I was going to get a $40 mail-in rebate, guess what?, I never got it. I sent the rebate form with all the items they needed for, the very next day I bought the HDD. In 2002 Wife bought a photo printer as a gift at compusa which I didn't know and the thing broke and she bought the extended warranty, the very next day I took it back they gave me a new one (an R300M Epson), but not thanks to compusa but the the company offering the extended warranty through compusa. By the way I checked the status of my rebate on line and I got this lame note: "form arrive late bla bla bla...", what kind of store wants the forms you need to get a rebate within 48hrs like compusa did back then?.
Best Buy an absolute TWO THUMBS UP, I've gotten every single rebate from them and not to mention over $200 in money coupons from their BESTBUY REWARDS program. Circuit City gives your rebates except they show up 6 months later, but you still get them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 6:23 pm 
Smithfield*
Smithfield*

i give a thumbs up to my local compusa. they always have decent prices and the people are generally knowledgeable, but dont like a smart ass 15 year old telling them they're wrong. and as for UPS, i think the sucky guy that was our driver for as long as i remember was fired, theres a new dude driving now....we'll see if he can pass the test.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 6:30 am 
Chief Surgeon
Chief Surgeon

dob1224 wrote:
In 2002 Wife bought a photo printer as a gift at compusa which I didn't know and the thing broke and she bought the extended warranty, the very next day I took it back they gave me a new one (an R300M Epson), but not thanks to compusa but the the company offering the extended warranty through compusa.

Those replacement plans and all of our service plans are through CompUSA, not some 3rd party.

If a rebate is through CompUSA, you typically get it within six weeks. The big problem I see, is some of the rebates must be postmarked within a week of purchase.

The other big issue with rebates, as least through CompUSA, is when people buy more than one item which qualifies. They come in bitching about how they didn't get the rebates on every one of the 10 $4.99 NIC cards, where it clearly states on the reciept, and the rebate form "One Rebate Offer Per Household."

SC64

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 10:56 pm 
Thunderbird
Thunderbird

Thumbs Up
www.newegg.com
www.monarchcomputer.com
www.ebay.com
Fry's

Thumbs Down:
Office Depot (cancelled my order I had already paid for in advance)[/url]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 10:49 am 
Team Creamsicles
Team Creamsicles

chocolaty good:

www.ncix.com
futureshop

poopy smelling:

tigerdirect
compusmart
bureau en gros (Staples)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 3:49 am 
Team Member Top 100
Team Member Top 100

UPS...thumbs up. When I was not at the house for the delivery, the driver left his cell phone number on my door, which I called when i got back, and I had my shipment 30 minutes later.

Fedex....thumbs down....my package arrived in my city on Sat. I knew they didnt deliver on Sun, but I thought I would get it on Mon......wrong, didnt git it until tuesday....WTF?

Fold Until A Cure

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:23 am 
Team Member/ Ex-Team Member/ Team Member
Team Member/ Ex-Team Member/ Team Member

thumbs up newegg
ups< same guy delivers to my work and home though

thumbs down to comp usa and fed ex. Fed ex delivered to the school next door to me and neither they or compusa would refund. I found the package 2 weeks later when I went to my daughters school and I was talking to the receptionist and she mentioned they got a package that no one claimed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:17 pm 

UP:
newegg
fedex
AMD
ASUS
mandrakesoft
NEC

down:
Intel
bestbuy
microsoft
dell <-- DIE!
ibuypower.com <--Horrible Tech Support

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:32 pm 
Smithfield*
Smithfield*

a big tumbs up to newegg for getting my RMA and giving me a full refund without re-stock fee. and another big thumbs up to AMD for the warrenty on my dead AthlonXP 1800+.

Post subject: Thanks for the Info
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 7:05 am 

I used TCWO (Thompson's Computer Warehouse) for years and am sorry to see they are gone. They were great in every respect.
I tried Newegg and I thought they handled my return great and was vey happy using this company.
Did an order with ZipZoomFly on Monday and their pricing was very good and their shipping price even beter.
The king as far as I am conserned is Crucial for memory. Been buying from them for years and they keep getting better. Put in an order with them on Monday at the same time as I did ZipZoomFly amd I got it befor ZipZoomFly even sent their order. Funny I go online Tuesday to track a package only to find it was delivered and sure enough the Brown Shirts did a drop and run befor Noon. Now that is good! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 2:11 pm 

Thumbs Up:

Tyan's Tech Support and RMA Department.

I accidently blew up both my PS/2 ports on my Tyan Thunder K7X last night while swapping a mouse on the KVM switch (don't ask, I have no clue how unplugging a mouse and plugging in a new mouse on a KVM switch could possible affect BOTH PS/2 ports on a computer that was TURNED OFF).

Anyway, contacted Tyan about repairing it and they said if it's still under warrenty then it's free, if not, it's $75 (for reference Abit charges $50 for out of warrenty repairs).

Turned out it was still under warrenty and they'll fix it for free.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 6:48 pm 
Team Member Top 500
Team Member Top 500

Thumbs Up
- NewEgg.com - Fast processing, easy searching
- Tiger Direct Outlet Stores - Low prices, knowledgable (mine anyway), fast service
- ASUS - kickass mobos
- AMD - 64 bit procs
- FedEx - Fast shipping
- Fry's - Knowledgable, (thumbs down on prices compared to NewEgg and Tiger)
Thumbs DOWN
- Stupid people at AMD's forums bitching at Tiger cause they're too stupid to understand updating their BIOS

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 234 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next