Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:56 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: ViewSonic P225FB : BNC connections
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 1:30 pm 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

If you haven't heard, I've recently blown up (literally) my old KDS 19" which took out my other monitor and video card. So, I've been scouting for one new monitor. I've been anxious to see what MPC says in it's next issue, but feel it won't include the P225FB as it's probably too new. Their other 22" unit should be on top IMO, and this one can only be better (?).

Anyway, I'm on "Auto Notify" at newegg for this monitor and will purchase it as soon as I'm told it's available. But there's a feature on it that I'm not used to on home computing; The 5 BNC connections on the back. http://images10.newegg.com/productimage ... 234-04.JPG What can I do with those? I've seen these being used on some of our CAD machines at work, but never had them on a home PC.

So, again...what are they worth to me? I'll be grabbing a 6800GT once I see one in PCIE config or an Abit x800 if that takes too long. With the connections, I really so no use for them on a PC unless I want to input some other external device for viewing. This new PC is just about up and running and would like some heads up on these BNC's. Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 3:19 am 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

Bump damnit...BUMP!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 1:49 pm 
Willamette
Willamette

you can get adapters from ATi's website for the BNC connections (pretty sure iv seen the banner ad for them there)

you have vidio of your monitor blowing up?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 1:58 pm 
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000

BNC connectors split the video card's signal to the monitor into 5 signals.
It just substitutes the HD-15 connector that you would normally use to connect ur PC and monitor.

Some people will say it gives a clearer/sharper image, but depending on the resolution you are running, it may not do any good.

The BNC cables usually come in at $30 or more (last time I checked). So you have to determine if that is worth it to upgrade to. All you have to do is change out the cable and it should work fine once you turn it back on.