Did we break up?
LMAO! That was a typo
I meant "hate" lol
The Folding was going well up until a week ago. Points seem to have fallen off quite a bit. I did notice that the avaerge ppd in the Top20 also adjusted down - so part of this is clearly related to the available WUs.
That's interesting. Could it be that we're coming close to finishing our collective tasks??
- As of writing, my team rank is 311. (Actually very pleased with that)
- I've remained in the Top20 ppd for several weeks now. (proud of that too)
- I've completed the install on roughly 25% of the 200 systems in my original statement. Work duties and lab refresh cycles are holding up the rest of those but I think about it daily. (plotting and scheming)
You have so many computers that you haven't set them all up yet??? WHOA!
How about a little sharing of the processing power?
- After much whining and 'let me owe you one' type promises, I've convinced a coworker to let me load the client to a lab of Macs he runs. It will be the first Mac client load
How in the world are you getting all these machines?? Are you a millionaire or something? lol
- When my ppd started to drop a little over a week ago, more than 20 processors went unaccounted for. I'm crazy for not having installed FAHMon to find them easily so now I need to run lab to lab looking for the AWOL systems to figure out WTF happened.
It's driving me nuts.I had tried to include it in the image but something messed up the directory shares when the system was sysprepped for deployment. FAHMon doesn't see those shared directories now. Sysprep changes the SID and machine name of the system. That may be a factor.
- One more remote monitoring issue: We don't enforce a fully qualified domain. I know the app can run using workgroups but our switches don't allow the workgroup scheme to be propagated beyond the single switch. So I'm stuck using IP and as it happens, those systems run DHCP. It's rare, but occassionally systems receive a different IP during lease renewal. Odd since by default the system should be renewing in advance of the lease expiring and DHCP by default prefers to issue the same IP (heck the system even requests it). Still looking into that as well.
You're talking static public addresses, right? What kind of lab is this you're running?
Despite all that - I'm having fun! I definitely picked the right team to run with and for that, I'm glad.
Found the right team, you have (as master Yoda would say
). Once you have all the cores folding, we might be able to get to rank #1
I DID know the story about the Coke can in the Peanuts video! To be fair though, I'm a huge fan of Peanuts (the strip and the videos), and even own the series on VHS. My poor boy is forced to watch them with me from time to time.
!!!! I'm a HUGE Peanuts fan too! I'll post a pic of my collection when I get the chance (yeah, I've been saying that for months lol). But this time I'll really do it lol. Someday.
Perhaps this Christmas after I get the new ornaments and books.
Do you have a collection?
I've got a torrent you may be interested in *cough* *cough* if you don't want to wait a million years for the rest of the complete peanuts books to be released
(I'm buying them all anyways though)