Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:37 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 270 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:31 pm 
Team Member
Team Member

Spider Monkey wrote:
Come on! You know that monkeys return the favor! We like to help others too!

I need help getting 1,000,000 WUs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:33 pm 
Monkey Federation (Top 10)*

yurimxpxman wrote:
Spider Monkey wrote:
Come on! You know that monkeys return the favor! We like to help others too!

I need help getting 1,000,000 WUs.

Give us a million, and we'll give you a million.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:40 pm 
Team Member
Team Member

Spider Monkey wrote:

See that WU count for Spider Monkey? I contributed 1 million of those.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:23 am 

yurimxpxman wrote:
Spider Monkey wrote:

See that WU count for Spider Monkey? I contributed 1 million of those.

In your wet dreams.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:35 am 
Team Member
Team Member

Spider Monkey wrote:
In your wet dreams.

smack! :P

Where else do you think you'd be getting those from? Your mom? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:33 pm 
Team Member
Team Member

Pardon me for resurecting an old thread, but it was only the third thread in this folder :lol:

How's the folding going ya' old beat up can? Got any new rigs folding? From the stats, it looks like you're doing pretty well! :) How many cores and gigahertz do you got there now?

You know what's kinda ironic the way I met you in this thread and now you don't hate me anymore :P :lol:

An old dented can... :lol:

Trivia for ya... did you know that that can was a coke can in the original airing of A Charlie Brown Christmas? The scene was later cut because it contained a commercial. That shot never re-appeared until the digitally re-mastered DVD.

Last edited by yurimxpxman on Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:38 pm 
Northwood
Northwood

yurimxpxman wrote:
You know what's kinda ironic the way I met you in this thread and now you don't have me anymore :P :lol:

Did we break up? :shock: :cry:

The Folding was going well up until a week ago. Points seem to have fallen off quite a bit. I did notice that the avaerge ppd in the Top20 also adjusted down - so part of this is clearly related to the available WUs.

Of note:

- As of writing, my team rank is 311. (Actually very pleased with that)
- I've remained in the Top20 ppd for several weeks now. (proud of that too)
- I've completed the install on roughly 25% of the 200 systems in my original statement. Work duties and lab refresh cycles are holding up the rest of those but I think about it daily. (plotting and scheming)

- After much whining and 'let me owe you one' type promises, I've convinced a coworker to let me load the client to a lab of Macs he runs. It will be the first Mac client load

Of concern:

- When my ppd started to drop a little over a week ago, more than 20 processors went unaccounted for. I'm crazy for not having installed FAHMon to find them easily so now I need to run lab to lab looking for the AWOL systems to figure out WTF happened. :oops: :cry: It's driving me nuts.

I had tried to include it in the image but something messed up the directory shares when the system was sysprepped for deployment. FAHMon doesn't see those shared directories now. Sysprep changes the SID and machine name of the system. That may be a factor.

- One more remote monitoring issue: We don't enforce a fully qualified domain. I know the app can run using workgroups but our switches don't allow the workgroup scheme to be propagated beyond the single switch. So I'm stuck using IP and as it happens, those systems run DHCP. It's rare, but occassionally systems receive a different IP during lease renewal. Odd since by default the system should be renewing in advance of the lease expiring and DHCP by default prefers to issue the same IP (heck the system even requests it). Still looking into that as well.

Despite all that - I'm having fun! I definitely picked the right team to run with and for that, I'm glad.

Trivia note:
I DID know the story about the Coke can in the Peanuts video! To be fair though, I'm a huge fan of Peanuts (the strip and the videos), and even own the series on VHS. My poor boy is forced to watch them with me from time to time. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:24 pm 
Team Member
Team Member

DentedCan wrote:
Did we break up? :shock: :cry:

LMAO! That was a typo :P I meant "hate" lol

DentedCan wrote:
The Folding was going well up until a week ago. Points seem to have fallen off quite a bit. I did notice that the avaerge ppd in the Top20 also adjusted down - so part of this is clearly related to the available WUs.

That's interesting. Could it be that we're coming close to finishing our collective tasks?? :shock:

DentedCan wrote:
Of note:

- As of writing, my team rank is 311. (Actually very pleased with that)
- I've remained in the Top20 ppd for several weeks now. (proud of that too)
- I've completed the install on roughly 25% of the 200 systems in my original statement. Work duties and lab refresh cycles are holding up the rest of those but I think about it daily. (plotting and scheming)

Holy crap! :shock: You have so many computers that you haven't set them all up yet??? WHOA! :D How about a little sharing of the processing power? :lol:

DentedCan wrote:
- After much whining and 'let me owe you one' type promises, I've convinced a coworker to let me load the client to a lab of Macs he runs. It will be the first Mac client load

That's awesome! :) How in the world are you getting all these machines?? Are you a millionaire or something? lol

DentedCan wrote:
Of concern:

- When my ppd started to drop a little over a week ago, more than 20 processors went unaccounted for. I'm crazy for not having installed FAHMon to find them easily so now I need to run lab to lab looking for the AWOL systems to figure out WTF happened. :oops: :cry: It's driving me nuts.

I had tried to include it in the image but something messed up the directory shares when the system was sysprepped for deployment. FAHMon doesn't see those shared directories now. Sysprep changes the SID and machine name of the system. That may be a factor.

- One more remote monitoring issue: We don't enforce a fully qualified domain. I know the app can run using workgroups but our switches don't allow the workgroup scheme to be propagated beyond the single switch. So I'm stuck using IP and as it happens, those systems run DHCP. It's rare, but occassionally systems receive a different IP during lease renewal. Odd since by default the system should be renewing in advance of the lease expiring and DHCP by default prefers to issue the same IP (heck the system even requests it). Still looking into that as well.

You're talking static public addresses, right? What kind of lab is this you're running?

DentedCan wrote:
Despite all that - I'm having fun! I definitely picked the right team to run with and for that, I'm glad.

Found the right team, you have (as master Yoda would say :lol: ). Once you have all the cores folding, we might be able to get to rank #1 :D

DentedCan wrote:
Trivia note:
I DID know the story about the Coke can in the Peanuts video! To be fair though, I'm a huge fan of Peanuts (the strip and the videos), and even own the series on VHS. My poor boy is forced to watch them with me from time to time. :lol:

REALLY?? :D !!!! I'm a HUGE Peanuts fan too! I'll post a pic of my collection when I get the chance (yeah, I've been saying that for months lol). But this time I'll really do it lol. Someday. :P Perhaps this Christmas after I get the new ornaments and books.

Do you have a collection?

I've got a torrent you may be interested in *cough* *cough* if you don't want to wait a million years for the rest of the complete peanuts books to be released :lol: (I'm buying them all anyways though)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:28 pm 
Northwood
Northwood

I run IT for several departments at a college. The overwhelming majority of the systems I have folding are from there - crunching 24/7 when not in use.

I have ALL the VHS videos! Never collected the books but wouldn't mind starting! RIP Chuck :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:37 pm 
Team Member
Team Member

DentedCan wrote:
I have ALL the VHS videos! Never collected the books but wouldn't mind starting! RIP Chuck :(

I collect the DVDs (I wasn't interested in it until VHS died). If you're going to start collecting the books, you must begin with the Complete Peanuts :D It's very awesome (BTW, if you're interested in the torrent, shoot me a PM).

I've got quite a few of the books, and many of them are vintage. My friend Angela just bought a few for me that she found at some garage sales. WOOT! I can't wait to read them :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 270 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14