Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:44 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: case for overclocking??
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 9:02 am 
BANNED
BANNED

I am building a new system and I plan on overclocking the hell out of it... I want the best case to overclock it. I figure I need a lot of fans and the most fans ive found in a case is the aspire x-navagator. Do you guys have any other suggestions? Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 9:21 am 
Professional Dork
Professional Dork

My current favorite is the Antec Super Lanboy. Only about a hundred bucks, maybe a little less depending where you get it. It has two 120mm fans, so it gets good airflow at relatively low noise levels. Also, the mounting for the hard drives is right by the front fan so they stay nice and cool, and in easy access trays.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 1:36 pm 

If you don't mind noise, go with a Thermaltake XASER III SuperTower All Aluminum with 7 80mm Fans. Then replace those fans with Vantec Tornadoes (if you don't mind noise). If you want it quiter, go with some 80mm Panasonic Panaflo's.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 1:46 pm 
Celeron
Celeron

For most fans possible, you cant beat this case for the money. Reviews from sites (on the left of the link) say that it's awesome- high quality, excellent cooling options, and a low price. This case filled with low noise fans will probably keep your system cool and quiet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 7:38 am 
BANNED
BANNED

would i be able to put on of those vantec fans in a 120mm fan mount?
how about a 92mm tornado in an 80mm fan mount? thanks a lot. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 10:39 am 

Yes, you can buy a fan adapter such as this http://www.frozencpu.com/cgi-bin/frozencpu/duc-13.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 12:19 pm 
BANNED
BANNED

thanks a lot...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 2:20 pm 
Team Member Top 50
Team Member Top 50

Location: Kicking the crap out of the people who lied to me about using Folding@Home and those who declined!!
they have 80mm fans. u can just get those.
oh yeah, instead of me making a new thread about a case for overclocking, sheeelo, im afraid im gonna have to use urs :wink:
is the Thermaltake Xaser III Super Tower a good OCing case. it has 7 fans which should make it cool. and it has good matrial. is japan steel good??? :? i was going to take out all the fan and either put it the tornado 80mm fans or the 92mm fans with an adapter. now also i want a fan controller and it has one w/ 4 channels. so that only helps 4 fans or what?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 2:39 pm 
Thunderbird
Thunderbird

i dont understand how that silverstone case works.
what is that thing in the back?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:30 pm 
Smithfield*
Smithfield*

check this here
i've used this for a few builds for my clients, loads of fans.....loads. 7 or 8 if i can remember. the psu included sucks and i've replaced it on every build but the case is real nice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 5:57 pm 
Clawhammer
Clawhammer

HK-47 wrote:
My current favorite is the Antec Super Lanboy. Only about a hundred bucks, maybe a little less depending where you get it. It has two 120mm fans, so it gets good airflow at relatively low noise levels. Also, the mounting for the hard drives is right by the front fan so they stay nice and cool, and in easy access trays.

I have one, and it's been one of the best things I've ever worked in. Keeps things cool too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 6:06 pm 

DrSatan wrote:
is the Thermaltake Xaser III Super Tower a good OCing case. it has 7 fans which should make it cool. and it has good matrial. is japan steel good??? :? i was going to take out all the fan and either put it the tornado 80mm fans or the 92mm fans with an adapter. now also i want a fan controller and it has one w/ 4 channels. so that only helps 4 fans or what?

Yes, the Xaser III is a very good OC'ing case. However, do not go with the steel one. Go with the all-aluminum case(aluminum cools much better). The model is the V2000a. Just type that in a Newegg search and it should come up. I think it only comes in silver though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 6:55 pm 
Team Member Top 50
Team Member Top 50

Location: Kicking the crap out of the people who lied to me about using Folding@Home and those who declined!!
Quote:
Yes, the Xaser III is a very good OC'ing case. However, do not go with the steel one. Go with the all-aluminum case(aluminum cools much better). The model is the V2000a. Just type that in a Newegg search and it should come up. I think it only comes in silver though.

ill check it out.
Quote:
check this here
i've used this for a few builds for my clients, loads of fans.....loads. 7 or 8 if i can remember. the psu included sucks and i've replaced it on every build but the case is real nice.

its ugly. got a lot of room, but ugly. and it says only 4 fans. u just add 3-4 more?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 8:23 pm 
Team Member Top 50
Team Member Top 50

oh yeah and as i asked....since it comes with a 4 channel fan controller, it only controls 4 different fans right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 9:09 am 

DrSatan wrote:
oh yeah and as i asked....since it comes with a 4 channel fan controller, it only controls 4 different fans right?

It is mainly set up for you to control two fans with each knob. But, if you want to control each one seperately, just get another fan controller.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 6:04 pm 
Smithfield*
Smithfield*

yea i agree its ugly. but unless you have your case on you desk wtf does it matter. but yea you can add fans, four in the front, 2 in back, 1 side and one top. i guess thats 8 fans, all are 80mm. thats the most colling power i know of for any case.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 4:58 pm 
BANNED
BANNED

I decided to get the aspire x-navigator. But I read a review that says...

"Even though I am impressed with Aspire’s 500W Power Supply, no product is perfect. A small annoyance is the lack of SerialATA plugs. It’s fairly late in the PSU game to NOT have any SATA plugs at the ready."

Does this mean I cannot use my raptors? And would this power supply work with an lgpa 775 and asus pdal2?

On another note...

Would having three tornado fans equal the airflow of lets say 6 normal fans? Normal as in ones that come with the case?

Thank you...