Only one minor problem 14%  14%  [ 4 ]
The same as UPS, DHL, etc....... 36%  36%  [ 10 ]
Only one total disaster 11%  11%  [ 3 ]
We don't get Fedex here ! 7%  7%  [ 2 ]
What is Fedex ? 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
What is Fedex ? 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I'd rather have a root canal 7%  7%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 28
 Post subject: Fedex: fast and customer-friendly or not so fast ?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 5:21 am 
Klamath
Klamath

I recently ordered an Asus motherboard, AMD chip and Antec case from newegg. Great prices, I might add. Fedex did the duty. First time I was not home, delivery guy doesn't drop it off at my apt. office. OK. Second time I swear I was there when he "supposedly" came by and he left no tag the second time. Third time I was not home again and he did leave a tag. So yesterday evening, I went down to the Fedex depot locally to pick it up. I got there at about 6 PM. No Benny, which is the moniker of my delivery guy. I had great fun watching dozens of people come and go while I waited for my packages. By 7:45 PM, myself and about a dozen other people were waiting oh so patiently for Benny Himself. Benny finally rolls in. The office had closed at 7:30 sharp. I complained that Benny had made me wait over an hour for my packages and had not left a door tag the second time. The counter guy mumbled something about that not being good after he confronted me with "did he leave a door tag". Finally, a nice lady apologized for the delay and gave me my packages.
Is this a typical Fedex experience, or is it "atypical" ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 5:32 am 
Contributing Writer
Contributing Writer

Atypical. Sounds more like a 'Benny' problem than a FedEx generalization. No company is immune to a few bad apples.

That said, my experience with FedEx has hit both ends of the spectrum. Recently, they lost my refurb 9800 Pro AIW that I RMA'd to ATI. I paid $220 via newegg, claimed $299 insurance when I shipped it (I kept the extras, such as remote, software, etc) and they promptly made good on the insurance sending a check for $299. Good FedEx, good.

On the other side, a few years ago I bought a monitor off of EBay. He shipped via FedEx and the box came dented up and obviously thrown around. They denied the insurance claim. They did so by saying since it was packaged properly, it must have been damaged PRIOR to delivery. It's a catch-22, because if it wasn't packaged properly, they would have denied it for improper packaging. I spoke with an ex-FedEx employee that came into my work during that time period and she told me that was a common tactic used by FedEx ground, to wear down the customer until they give up trying to collect on the claim. She was an 'ex' employee because she quit, getting fed up with what she saw go on. Bad FedEx, bad.

I still use them, primarily because they're right across the street. Aside from that one bad incident and that one super incident, they've been uneventful. Packages get delivered or dropped off in my apt office, and packages I send out never receive any complaints.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 8:32 am 
Java Junkie
Java Junkie

FedWho?

Canada Post, baby! They charge you twice as much for the privilege of never seeing your parcels again! :P :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 2:28 pm 
Celeron
Celeron

Two times i ordered, both came one day before estimated destination time (3 days.) Both packages came in perfect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 8:58 am 
Little Foot
Little Foot

Personally never had a problem with Fedex. I did have a problem with ups and a damaged monitor. They did the whole improper packaging thing but when they sent it back to me it was in a different smaller box and missing the power cable.

I took the thing to work and talked with the UPS guy who delivers there and who I know well. He took it back and bam I got my check.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 3:36 pm 
Team Member Top 10
Team Member Top 10

Location: back on the right side of the middle of the left side YES i'm folding
good old fedex, day early most of the time, but i have been home and waiting for a knock that never seems to come, i find a tag sometimes, 2 of 3 times.

but they are close, and open till later than ups.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 4:31 pm 
Folding Momerator
Folding Momerator

My Fed Ex guy has been decent. I get the tags on my door if I'm not home. I've had one incident, my daughter's case got ruined. Not sure if it was my regular guy or not, hubby accepted it. The box was damaged, I wouldn't have let him leave before I opened it had I gotten it. Funny, there were threads that week on a rose forum I go to, Fed Ex was trashing their shipments.

Fed Ex sucked to deal with. Newegg told me I had to call them to file a claim, so I did. Took pictures, etc. About a week later I got an email saying it was denied. I called Newegg who told me I didn't need to file the report with Fed Ex, just get a number of some sort. Back on the phone I went, got my number, called New Egg, they gave me a credit, let me keep the damaged case for parts, & I ordered a new case.

Post subject: Re: Fedex: fast and customer-friendly or not so fast ?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 5:01 pm 
Klamath
Klamath

newbiesteve wrote:
I recently ordered an Asus motherboard, AMD chip and Antec case from newegg. Great prices, I might add. Fedex did the duty. First time I was not home, delivery guy doesn't drop it off at my apt. office. OK. Second time I swear I was there when he "supposedly" came by and he left no tag the second time. Third time I was not home again and he did leave a tag. So yesterday evening, I went down to the Fedex depot locally to pick it up. I got there at about 6 PM. No Benny, which is the moniker of my delivery guy. I had great fun watching dozens of people come and go while I waited for my packages. By 7:45 PM, myself and about a dozen other people were waiting oh so patiently for Benny Himself. Benny finally rolls in. The office had closed at 7:30 sharp. I complained that Benny had made me wait over an hour for my packages and had not left a door tag the second time. The counter guy mumbled something about that not being good after he confronted me with "did he leave a door tag". Finally, a nice lady apologized for the delay and gave me my packages.
Is this a typical Fedex experience, or is it "atypical" ?

OK folks, Act 2 of my Fedex Saga: Newegg shipped me two parts 2 weeks ago. They did their job. The Fedex deliveryperson left it at the wrong apartment and lied on her report that I signed a release. I had to make several phone calls to Newegg and Fedex to finally straighten it out. What is with Fedex ?????????????????? BTW, it was a different deliveryperson this time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 3:13 am 
Folding Momerator
Folding Momerator

I've had this happen with UPS. I was amazed that they would deliver a package to a wrong address. What happened was, I ordered a collector Barbie for a friend. I typed the wrong house number, one that wasn't even on the street. Instead of questioning it, UPS delivered to one that was close to what I typed. You'd think they would have matched the name on the package. Thankfully, mine went to someone who was honest, that did return the doll to me when I went to their house.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 5:22 pm 
Team Member
Team Member

I'd put FedEx un the same boat as UPS and such. I actually like using USPS.
The cool thing about FedEx and UPS is that they leave packages on my parent's porch (good neighborhood) when I have stuff shipped there and leave the white/yellow notes on my door at my place (bad neighborhood) without any special instruction from me. How intuitive of them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 7:14 am 
Little Foot
Little Foot

LOL. my mother works for Canada Post. The bulk of the fee to deliver a parcel goes to pay for the gas yet they charge an extra charge now on top of the shipping charge as a kind of gas tax.

This gas tax is supposed to go to the mail delivery people to help against the rising fuel costs because for most of the rural delivery people they have to pay for their own gas and get re-imbursed for it on their paycheques. I talked with the guy who delivers the mail to my house and he hasn't seen a single extra penny apparently. He even has to use his own truck because Canada Post won't supply him with one of theirs.

Strangely enough, during the same time period at our local postoffice, the head guy who runs the place decided he was going to retire early as he received a nice $200,000 performance bonus or something like that.

I will admit though that the speed of delivery has improved, in our area at least anyway.

Jipstyle wrote:
FedWho?

Canada Post, baby! They charge you twice as much for the privilege of never seeing your parcels again! :P :D