Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:18 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: 9600xt
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 6:11 am 

Hey all,

I bought a Sapphire 9600xt 256mb card. I've already overclocked it with powerstrip. I was wondering if there is anything else I can do. Does it have another 4 pipes that I can enable???

Thanks!
-Chantman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 7:42 am 
Willamette
Willamette

nope

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:54 am 
Little Foot
Little Foot

How far did you get with your oc?

Have you added any heat sinks to the gpu or ram?

I have had some good success with ATI Tool for oc'ing my 9600xt 128MB. I was a bit worried at first cause I heard that they were not good to oc and could go pop (but this was after I already had it oc'd and it didn't pop).

With ATI Tool I have it up to 555 core and 325 ram. I have added an Arctic Ice rev.3 cooler (lapped) with ceramique compund. I like it cause it keeps most of teh heat out of the case by blowing it right out the back (you do loose a PCI slot).

Next step is to epoxy on some heat sinks to the ram so I can push the ram a bit more.

After that I hear there is a volt mod that can be done but can't find the link at the moment. If interested in doing this type of mod let me know and I'll post (send me a nasty PM or e-mail if you don't hear from me quick enough :lol: )

Before doing a volt mod I think I would get a second card (9800pro or x800pro) just in case something fries.

BTW on the 'x't versions you have all possible pipes running. I believe it is only the 'pro' versions that may have an extra 4 pipes that are not enabled.

To give you some ideas on coolng here are some wild modded cards from Viper John: [color=#darkred]Link[/color]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 12:11 pm 
Celeron
Celeron

Snafu wrote:
BTW on the 'x't versions you have all possible pipes running. I believe it is only the 'pro' versions that may have an extra 4 pipes that are not enabled.

Just a tid bit of info, none of the 9600 series of cards are capable of softmods. That means unlocking any locked/hidden pipes. Only the 9500, 9800se and x800pro series of cards are capable of softmods. (and the 6800)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 1:21 pm 
Smithfield
Smithfield

ocnoob wrote:
Snafu wrote:

Just a tid bit of info, none of the 9600 series of cards are capable of softmods. That means unlocking any locked/hidden pipes. Only the 9500, 9800se and x800pro series of cards are capable of softmods. (and the 6800)

Wha? I thought hte X800's didnt have pipes to unlock/just couldn't do it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 3:14 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

ocnoob wrote:
none of the 9600 series of cards are capable of softmods.

Learnt something new everyday - I thought all pros could be soft-modded to xt's (Doh!)

Can't find the link for the volt mod. It's gone missing (probably did too good a cleaning job).