Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:16 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 3:23 am 

DJ, you should copy/paste jungles chrono list email it and ask them to explain the circumstances of it. i never woulda thought alienware could be that shoddy in puttting together a laptop

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 3:40 am 

Warmonger....wholeheartedly agree with your suggestion. DJ please feel free to copy the content of my initial posting and send the peon a reply asking him to explain.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:21 am 
BANNED
BANNED

Alienware does suck i mean you could literrally save 1000$ by building your own pc :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 3:25 pm 

PsU wrote:
Alienware does suck i mean you could literrally save 1000$ by building your own pc :)

THey sure do, and even more so now that they're owned by Dell!

And yes, many here save thousands, not just by switching to Geico, but by building their own machines! However, building a laptop is a whole 'nother beast...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:03 am 
Little Foot
Little Foot

yes I had my problems with Alienware too....especially with that credit card thing and them trying to screw me over , I decided after many weeks of sobbing over there laptop that I would vow to construct a monster that would put most of there systems to shame for less $$$.........course I still weep for that nice blue looking Aurora laptop :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:38 am 

well im new to this forum but here is my experiance with alienware

i ordered their new ALX system the first day it came out back at the beginning of may 2006.

I am STILL waiting for it (30th july) they say they dont have the parts in stock.

i gave them a ring every 3 days after the first month and these were my responces,
"we are sorry but the parts have been out of stock but they all just came in today" say they said that on june 3rd they also said it on the 6th and the 9th etc what are they doing with all these parts just jumping on them so they have to order more?
and thats all they ever said about that.

so today i phoned them and basically said guys its been 3 months give me a reason not to cancel my order, they said what like? so i asked for a discount/free upgrade or anything else that would keep me sweet and they flat out said no its not our policy to do anything like that pfft its not my policy to spend £4.5k on thin air, so i asked how long this computer would be they said at least another 3 weeks so i gave them a couple more chances to change their mind asked to speak to a manager or anything like that but nope, so i cancelled the order and they told me it would take 2 months for a refund... just what is wrong with these people its like they are actually trying to get a bad reputation by doing people over so im looking into either a falcon nw, or widowPc or possibly a voodoo IF i ever get my money back from Alienware -shakes head- award winning service sure they do but its not for good service

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:28 am 
Klamath
Klamath

Dave wrote:
well im new to this forum but here is my experiance with alienware

i ordered their new ALX system the first day it came out back at the beginning of may 2006.

I am STILL waiting for it (30th july) they say they dont have the parts in stock.

i gave them a ring every 3 days after the first month and these were my responces,
"we are sorry but the parts have been out of stock but they all just came in today" say they said that on june 3rd they also said it on the 6th and the 9th etc what are they doing with all these parts just jumping on them so they have to order more?
and thats all they ever said about that.

so today i phoned them and basically said guys its been 3 months give me a reason not to cancel my order, they said what like? so i asked for a discount/free upgrade or anything else that would keep me sweet and they flat out said no its not our policy to do anything like that pfft its not my policy to spend £4.5k on thin air, so i asked how long this computer would be they said at least another 3 weeks so i gave them a couple more chances to change their mind asked to speak to a manager or anything like that but nope, so i cancelled the order and they told me it would take 2 months for a refund... just what is wrong with these people its like they are actually trying to get a bad reputation by doing people over so im looking into either a falcon nw, or widowPc or possibly a voodoo IF i ever get my money back from Alienware -shakes head- award winning service sure they do but its not for good service

Dave, if you paid with a credit card I suggest you talk to your credit card company and tell them what is going on with Alienware. After you get your money back, try another company like, Falcon Northwest or Overdrive PC. They both have very good reputation for build quality/customer service.

As for Widow PC, I wouldn't recommend them, I've seen their ads in a couple of computer mags and the pictures show a bird's nest of wires. Widow PC can not be put on the same level as Overdrive PC, Voodoo, or Falcon Northwest, IMHO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:30 am 
Coppermine
Coppermine

yea, i looked into buy a alienware pc or voodo but they are way to expensive for my taste. I built my own custom pc that rocks my socks (lol). I only spent about 2Gs on it and its the best mod Ive ever seen. Alienware, dont ask me to buy ur pc after what I have heard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:57 am 
Northwood
Northwood

Has any1 reported Analenware to the Better Busines Bureau? Some1 should if no1 has. Dave's case'd be a good one for them to look into.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:29 am 

well so far the alienware experience continues stopped the order on the 24th july its now what 18 august and no money refunded i seem to be stuck in an endless loop

they ask for my bank details via email i reply with what they want in the text space provided etc they send me an email back saying thank you we are sorry you cancelled your order blah blah you will have your money back in 5 days so ..i wait

after a week i ring back and get the response "we are still waiting on your bank details"

so i send them again get a confirmation wait 5 days ... and just to clear it up its not an automated response its someone actually replying to the email, is there some reason why they are stalling?
Im not sure this company actually sell computers or just they just pretend too then take your money then never give it back

ordered a voodoo pc last week i am willing to bet it will get to my door and i will be using it at least a week before i see any money returned from this ohsofantastic company

if anyone reads this an are considering buying from AlienWare DON’T stay far far away ive been singing these guys praises for years believing they were the best of the best but after doing business id rather have asked my cat to build me a computer id at least have a chance of getting it.

The only positive thing I have to say about them is they do have some very nice people on the phone.

The saga continues

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:53 pm 
Coppermine
Coppermine

damn that sucks you went through all that

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:59 pm 
Northwood
Northwood

Dave wrote:
...id rather have asked my cat to build me a computer id at least have a chance of getting it.

Does your cat do house calls? :lol: Sorry to hear you're being shafted by Alienware. Must be one of those new Dell policies!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:42 am 
Coppermine
Coppermine

Dell, Alienware - LOL

Dell had to get Alienware because its Intels biatch.
Now they have an excuse to sell crappy AMD systems

Post subject: Alienware sux *update*
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:20 am 

Dear Mr. Aguila,

After making contact with your counterpart, Nelson Gonzales, some months ago and asking for his assistance regarding my horrific experiences with both the purchase and subsequent servicing of my Alienware m7700 laptop, I am now contacting you as last resort at the prompting of Ed Foster, who assured me, and I quote from his response, "I'd suggest you write Alienware president Alex Aguila at Alex@Alienware.com, and let him know that you're writing at my suggestion. He told me he wanted to help make sure all Alienware customers got the support they deserve, and I assume that's still true even with the Dell acquisition. Let me know how it goes. Ed Foster"

The reason for making the requests which follow should be abundantly clear once you've read the entire sordid tale, as shown below, but suffice to say since my laptop is completely unusable for the purposes it was intended, I am requesting that you comply with one of the following courses of resolution:

1) Since the system is completely unusable for longer than 5 minutes, I am requesting that you ship me either a brand new m7700 laptop configured in a manner not less than identical to my original order, and preferably with equipment and specifications far in excess of my original order, or,

2) Ship me a brand-new, top-of-the-line Alienware laptop, with complimentary upgrade to Microsoft Vista Business, by way of compensation.

3) Refund the entire cost of the system, cancelling the purchase agreement, listing the payment plan as "Paid in full and as agreed" with all three U.S. credit bureaus, plus compensation in the amount of $1000 USD.

I await your response, and shall be happy to share it, good or bad, with all parties that are aware of my predicament.

Regards,

Alex McCarthy ____________________________________________________________________________

> Dear Ed,
>
> As both a long-serving IT professional (20+ years and counting), and frequent reader of your esteemed epistles, I thought I'd take a moment to add my voice to the seemingly endless list of people who've been burned by Alienware.
>
> The outline below is a very sterile version of events, but suffice to say I remain unsatisfied that my $5000 laptop is in fact a giant paperweight.
>
> Whatever you can do to right this wrong would be greatly appreciated.
>
> With best regards,
>
> Alex McCarthy.
>
> --------------------------------------------------------
>
> This was supposed to be my dream machine:
> Alienware Area-51® m7700
>
> Processor: Intel® Pentium® 4 670 Desktop Processor w/ HT Technology
> 3.8GHz 800MHz FSB 2MB Operating System: Microsoft® Windows® XP
> Professional with Service Pack 2
> Warranty: 3-Year AlienCare Toll-Free 24/7 Phone Support with Onsite
> Service Bundle with AlienAutopsy and Respawn Video Card: 256MB NVidia®
> GeForceâ„¢ Go 7800 GTX LCD Display: 17" WideUXGA 1920 x 1200 LCD
> Clearview Display with Built-in Camera
> Motherboard: Intel® 915P PCI-Express Chipset
> Memory: 3GB Dual Channel DDR2 SO-DIMM at 533MHz - 2 x 512MB / 2 x
> 1024MB Hard Drive: Single Drive Configuration - 100GB 7200 RPM ATA100
> Primary CD ROM/DVD ROM: 8X Dual Layer DVD+/-RW / 24X CD-RW Combo
> w/Software Secondary CD ROM/DVD ROM: 8X Dual Layer DVD+/-RW / 24X
> CD-RW Combo w/Software Sound Card: Intel® High-Definition Audio
> Primary Battery: Alienware® m7700 12-cell Lithium-Ion Smart Battery
> Pack Additional Battery: Alienware® m7700 12-cell Lithium-Ion Smart
> Battery Pack
> Communications: Integrated 10/1000Mb Gigabit Ethernet & 56K V.92 Modem
> Wireless Network: Internal Wireless 802.11b/g miniPCI Card
> Bluetooth: Bluetoothâ„¢ PCMCIA Type II Adapter Floppy Drive: USB Floppy
> Drive Mobile Transport : Alienware® Premium Backpack XL Alienware
> Exclusive Offers: 10% off your next EB Games online purchase Free
> Alienware T-Shirt: Free Alienware® T-Shirt - Black Desktop
> Enhancements: Exclusive AlienGUIse Theme Manager Free Alienware
> Mousepad: Free Alienware® Mousepad
>
> [1] Free Shipping Mail-In Rebate; on Alienware systems excluding
> peripherals - Continental U.S. Only [1] $200 Mail-in Rebate; On select
> notebook systems [1] Special Financing Offer; 6 Months Same As Cash
> Financing with the Alienware Credit Card
>
> SubTotal: $4,990.00
> Shipping: $104.00
> Discount: $0.00
> Tax: $0.00
> Order Total: $5,094.00
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------
> Here's what I got...
>
> It's been said time and time again, on who knows how many websites, but it's worth saying again, Alienware is probably the worst computer manufacturer on the planet!
>
> WOW! Strong words you think. What has Alienware done to piss this guy off? Well, brew a fresh pot of coffee, crack open a Red Bull or tap a vein and sit back, my fellow gamers, while I tell you a tale of hope, disappointment, anger, despair and the US legal system.
>
> When you want to break the bank on a boutique gaming system there are really only a few players in the market space, namely Voodoo, Alienware, Falcon Northwest and the like. Let’s face it, if boutique systems were cars, they’d be the Ferraris and Lamborghinis of the world. This being the case, when you place an order for a system that tops $5000 you expect the absolute best, and so it was the case when, after months of research, I placed my order for a brand spankin’ new Alienware m7700 laptop with absolutely EVERY bell and whistle to be had, back on November 14, 2005.
>
> Alienware would have you believe the elite car analogy goes even further, because in much the same way all Ferraris and Lamborghinis are hand-built and take time to lovingly craft, so too Alienware claims, “we build them like our ownâ€

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:24 am 
Team Member Top 500
Team Member Top 500

That is why I build my own system

DUDE 1 1/4 years and still no refund if I where you i would get in touch with local law enforcement (in FL) and see what they can do they pretty much stole your money!

Post subject: Law enforcement etc...
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:31 pm 

Hi travb1999,

I'm actively pursuing the law enforcement angle, and would dearly love to find a lawyer in the Sunshine State who would be keen to file a class-action lawsuit to put these crooks out of business. After all, even a cursory search on Google for "Alienware sucks", or "Alienware problems", reveals a disturbingly large number of customers who all share the same story, or at the very least, variations on a theme.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:25 pm 
King of All Voodoo2 Cards
King of All Voodoo2 Cards

Dave wrote:
so i send them again get a confirmation wait 5 days ... and just to clear it up its not an automated response its someone actually replying to the email, is there some reason why they are stalling?

By holding onto your money they're using it to generate money in the form of interest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:07 pm 

Alienware's 200-Point Inspection Revealed!

1: Does it look like a computer?
2: Does it smell like a computer?
3: ...
5: ...
200: PROFIT!

Post subject: Alienware's 200-point inspection *revised*
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:33 pm 

1. They receive your order
2. They take your money and go on holiday for two weeks
3. After sipping Mai Tai's on the beach they finally get around to hooking up the dial-up connection in the hotel room, and get about responding to your ever-desperate cries for help, via e-mail.
4. Realising they actually have to ship you a product they finally decide to fly back to the manufacturing facility, located just outside Havana in a small shed, around the back of a cigar plant.
5. They steal some parts from another order, working or not really doesn't matter, and ship yours off.
6. You receive the bloody thing and, of course, it either won't boot up, or boots then crashes, or works for a day then catches fires.
7 - 200. You spend the next however long trying to get a refund, get it repaired or blow your brains out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:43 am 

LOL. Hopefully Dell will straighten their ass out.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next