Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:24 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 271 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 1:02 pm 
Monkey Federation (Top 10)
Monkey Federation (Top 10)
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:26 am
Posts: 1809
Location: Ontario, Canada
smartcat99s wrote:
I like the trophy, especially for the annual rematches ;)
That with 50K points seems like something worth folding for ;)


I second this idea! :D


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 2:23 pm 
Team Member Top 10
Team Member Top 10
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2004 2:55 pm
Posts: 9246
Location: back on the right side of the middle of the left side YES i'm folding
yes, point diversion really means nothing, we all fold for stanford after all. just one big happy family, right.

unless you are us


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 3:03 pm 
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 6:02 am
Posts: 6117
Location: I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it
dinos and monkeys are in the same family? wow :shock:

Image

Image


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 3:39 pm 
Monkey Federation (Top 10)
Monkey Federation (Top 10)
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:26 am
Posts: 1809
Location: Ontario, Canada
screwballl wrote:
dinos and monkeys are in the same family? wow :shock:

Image

Image
That's not a dino... That's a dragon.


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 3:47 pm 
Team Member Top 10
Team Member Top 10
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2004 2:55 pm
Posts: 9246
Location: back on the right side of the middle of the left side YES i'm folding
Satans Pro wrote:
screwballl wrote:
dinos and monkeys are in the same family? wow :shock:

Image

Image
That's not a dino... That's a dragon.


are you sure, its very small, pay no attention to the bad breath, taco hell can do that for anyone. and play both ends against the middle as well. adding credence to the old expression, blow it out your a**.


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 8:41 am 
Monkey Federation (Top 10)*
Monkey Federation (Top 10)*
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2004 1:22 pm
Posts: 27384
Location: In a cage, dumbass.
Looks like go time!

The Fake Monkeys are revving up!


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 8:49 am 
Folding for Elena
Folding for Elena
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:50 pm
Posts: 17008
Location: Folding on the Best Team in the World
Spider Monkey wrote:
Looks like go time!

The Fake Monkeys are revving up!

If there is any kind real control on this thing, their points before noon Pacific today shouldn't count toward the contest (and that's still two hours away).


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 8:51 am 
Monkey Federation (Top 10)
Monkey Federation (Top 10)
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 4:31 am
Posts: 2022
Location: Lake Charles, Louisiana
They won't count. I'll post screenshots from Stanford on what the baseline of points to be used by each team is.


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 8:51 am 
Monkey Federation (Top 10)*
Monkey Federation (Top 10)*
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2004 1:22 pm
Posts: 27384
Location: In a cage, dumbass.
gsmitheman wrote:
Spider Monkey wrote:
Looks like go time!

The Fake Monkeys are revving up!

If there is any kind real control on this thing, their points before noon Pacific today shouldn't count toward the contest (and that's still two hours away).


I hear ya loud and clear. We should take our own snapshot of EOC at 12:30 to see where the real starting line is.


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 9:00 am 
Monkey Federation (Top 10)*
Monkey Federation (Top 10)*
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2004 1:22 pm
Posts: 27384
Location: In a cage, dumbass.
BAM!

http://clintdavis.us/projects/fahraces/current_race.php


Put this in your first post Lodis.


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 9:23 am 
Monkey Federation (Top 10)
Monkey Federation (Top 10)
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 4:31 am
Posts: 2022
Location: Lake Charles, Louisiana
Ok, here's the official rules with the prize:

1. First team to accumulate 500,000 points from the start time wins.

2. Start time for the contest is Friday, May 5 th at 12pm, Pacific Daylight Time.

3. The victor gets to claim the lucky jaded monkey as the prize. Tales have been told of untold wealth and fame that comes with this. The victorious team is allowed to display in any honorary fashion the jaded monkey, the losing team is forbidden to display it. The losing team is bestowed the dreaded monkey's paw, which is said to be cursed. People have been known for have very bad luck with this paw :shock:

4. Team captains are as follows: Garynator from overclockers and Spider Monkey from MaxPC.

5. In the event of a close race, the Stanford site will be considered the official source for points information.

6. Have fun and keep it positive.


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 9:24 am 
Monkey Federation (Top 10)
Monkey Federation (Top 10)
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 4:31 am
Posts: 2022
Location: Lake Charles, Louisiana
My apologies for cutting it so close to the start time but I didn't much response in emails the past few days from either team captain. :evil:


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 9:32 am 
Monkey Federation (Top 10)*
Monkey Federation (Top 10)*
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2004 1:22 pm
Posts: 27384
Location: In a cage, dumbass.
KingFish wrote:
Ok, here's the official rules with the prize:

1. First team to accumulate 500,000 points from the start time wins.

2. Start time for the contest is Friday, May 5 th at 12pm, Pacific Daylight Time.

3. The victor gets to claim the lucky jaded monkey as the prize. Tales have been told of untold wealth and fame that comes with this. The victorious team is allowed to display in any honorary fashion the jaded monkey, the losing team is forbidden to display it. The losing team is bestowed the dreaded monkey's paw, which is said to be cursed. People have been known for have very bad luck with this paw :shock:

4. Team captains are as follows: Garynator from overclockers and Spider Monkey from MaxPC.

5. In the event of a close race, the Stanford site will be considered the official source for points information.

6. Have fun and keep it positive.


I agree on these terms with two stipulations.....

1. Garynator must ensure that all of the posts on his team's forum containing the Jaded Monkey are removed by next Monday. I saw some today, so I know they are out there.

2. Points accumulated @ 12:00 today are included in the base/start line. They do not count towards the 500K. That is the best way to do things in the event that we have a close race (as in we both are close to the finishline with only one WU dump left to cross the line at the end of the race.

Please get his blessings or at least PM him this--> http://www.maximumpc.com/forums/viewtop ... 389#443389


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 10:26 am 
Monkey Federation (Top 10)
Monkey Federation (Top 10)
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 4:31 am
Posts: 2022
Location: Lake Charles, Louisiana
Can you give me examples of what you're talking about in reference to the jaded monkey thing? The only one I'm aware of is in the prize discussion thread over there. I can't give guarantees on that as it is their forum but I'll do what I can.

The second issue-I'll make sure that the 12pm update is included. Stanford updates theirs every hour instead of every three hours if I'm not mistaken. Fair enough though.


Last edited by KingFish on Fri May 05, 2006 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 10:26 am 
Monkey Federation (Top 10)
Monkey Federation (Top 10)
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 4:31 am
Posts: 2022
Location: Lake Charles, Louisiana
30 minutes to go!


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 11:37 am 
Monkey Federation (Top 10)
Monkey Federation (Top 10)
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 4:31 am
Posts: 2022
Location: Lake Charles, Louisiana
And the race is on!

The starting points for each team are:

folding_monkeys: 1,074,580 points
spider_monkey: 1,018,228 points

I'll post screenshots when I get back to the office this afternoon so there's no question.

Have a great race :D


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 11:40 am 
Monkey Federation (Top 10)*
Monkey Federation (Top 10)*
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2004 1:22 pm
Posts: 27384
Location: In a cage, dumbass.
KingFish wrote:
Can you give me examples of what you're talking about in reference to the jaded monkey thing? The only one I'm aware of is in the prize discussion thread over there. I can give guarantees on that as it is their forum but I'll do what I can.


I think that is where I saw it.

They should not have a problem with it, since the prize was their conception to begin with.

Thank you for being the facilitator of this Kingfish. You rock!
Quote:
The second issue-I'll make sure that the 12pm update is included. Stanford updates theirs every hour instead of every three hours if I'm not mistaken. Fair enough though.


Huh, I must have forgotten that.... Its been a long time since I used anything other than the EOC stats. :D


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 11:41 am 
Monkey Federation (Top 10)*
Monkey Federation (Top 10)*
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2004 1:22 pm
Posts: 27384
Location: In a cage, dumbass.
KingFish wrote:
And the race is on!

The starting points for each team are:

folding_monkeys: 1,074,580 points
spider_monkey: 1,018,228 points

I'll post screenshots when I get back to the office this afternoon so there's no question.

Have a great race :D


Its on like Donkey Kong up in this motha!!!

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!â„¢


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 12:13 pm 
Monkey Federation (Top 10)
Monkey Federation (Top 10)
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:26 am
Posts: 1809
Location: Ontario, Canada
Go Monkeys GO!


Top
  Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 12:15 pm 
Team Member Top 50*
Team Member Top 50*
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2004 7:48 pm
Posts: 3367
Location: Folding in Ontario, Canada ------------------------- Team Rank: 44
Satans Pro wrote:
Go Monkeys GO!

I hope you're cheering for our Monkeys :D


Top
  Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 271 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

© 2014 Future US, Inc. All rights reserved.