Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:21 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Bait and Switch, Newegg does it again.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:27 pm 
Klamath
Klamath

I found it amazing that in the same Maximum PC March issues, that had Newegg apoligizing for a camera price quote in a previous issue, they had again another too good to be true offer.

Page 75. Canon Digital Rebel XT 8.0MP Camer with EF-s 18-55mm lens.

$563.99!

What a deal! Too bad they do not list it on their website.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:59 pm 
Team Member
Team Member

I saw a Newegg add which advertised a 20D for $250. Obviously that was a typo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:40 pm 
Klamath
Klamath

The March issue has a long apology from Newegg with a discount code for the incorrect price on the camera that you mentioned. Then I find another 'typo.'

BS.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 5:39 pm 
Phoenix Foundation (Top 10)
Phoenix Foundation (Top 10)

Is this it...i can see the price is way off, lol

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6830120030

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:23 am 
Klamath
Klamath

Yeah that looks correct.

I want it for the price advertised in MaxPC!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:31 pm 
Team Member
Team Member

Thirdlife wrote:
The March issue has a long apology from Newegg with a discount code for the incorrect price on the camera that you mentioned. Then I find another 'typo.'

BS.

So what kind of discount would you be getting?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:30 pm 

Man! The Digital Rebel XT is the camera I want too! I love Canon. They are so easy to use. I just recently sold my S2 IS in order to upgrade. I'll upgrade before it gets much warmer so I can get ready to go out and take pictures.

Post subject: Newegg SUCKS!!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:18 am 

This is not the first time they have pulled this crap. I've bought many, many items from them that was advertised as having a rebate. Not one single rebate has ever made its way back to me.

After some research I found that most of the rebates they offer are not available from other online vendors. This tells me one of two things. Either the rebate is not real (bait and switch?) or the manufacturer pushes them to offer rebates that they have no intentions of honoring. (If it were one or two I could understand...but I'm talking about 18 rebates never received!)

Either way...shame on newegg! Any mention of this in a review I try to post without fail gets me an email stating it's not their fault (plus the review disappears.) The hell it isn't! Quality control is on their back and they should either not offer rebates that do not exist or push the manufacturers to make good on them.

BTW...Anybody notice the price of DDR2 there lately? The Corsair Dominator I bought last December for $100 ($60 after advertised $40 MIR) *squirt squirt* is now priced at $167.99. WTF????

F*** newegg!!
:evil: :evil: :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:11 am 
Willamette
Willamette

As far as memory goes, I have noticed the price has gone up on DDR2. I purchased two 4GB kits of DDR2 memory from NewEgg back in June for $49.99 each ($99.98 total) and now the same 4 GB kit of DDR2 memory is currently selling for $79.99. But then again, I have seen it do this at other vendors as well during the last few months. Memory prices tend to be volatile and I suspect that cheap DDR2 memory will be a thing of the past as DDR3 is fast becoming the current memory standard.
As for the rebates offered at NewEgg, I have only failed to receive one rebate for purchasing any product from NewEgg, and that was my fault as I incorrectly input a serial number for a video card at MSI's online rebate form when I went to apply for the rebate and failed to insure that all of my information was accurate before submitting it. You usually have to jump through a few seemingly ridiculous hoops to get a rebate these days, but if you don't follow all of the rules when you try to get a rebate, then it's your fault that you don't get it, not NewEgg's and not the manufacturer's. I see a lot of reviews by people who buy something at NewEgg for the rebate that is offered on the product and then don't get the rebate, only to ding the product and the manufacturer heavily based on the "fact" that the rebate was a scam. I often wonder if they followed all of the rules when applying for the rebate, and I never buy anything based on a rebate offer alone. Just FYI.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:59 am 
Smithfield
Smithfield

Holy Necropost!

If a thread is more than 30 days old please start a new thread instead.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]