Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:08 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Beware Xoxide.com
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 9:31 am 

Maybe Im the only one but I really feel screwed here. I ordered foxxcon cpu cooler for socket A and got a 64bit cooler. Ok, RMA, week later I get rma #,, 2 unanswered e-mails and finnally a phone call is all it took. So, I get the right foxconn cooler and it doesnt fit. It doesnt fit any of my machines. Two different asus boards and two different ecs boards(all socket A). I was kinda miffed. After all said and done, they agreed to send theraltake cooler instead, same price, same size. I told "Jason" that I didnt have a problem paying for shipping on the first wrong order, and even on shipping the second one back. Ok Im up to $16 in shipping on a $31 cooler. But they also charge me another $9 for the 3rd and final cooler. I dont believe that another shipping charge is in order. And when I told this to them, I was chastized and told that I actually agreed to an extra charge, complete lie. All together I paid a little over $25 for shipping and $31.99 for a cpu cooler. Ive purchase 99% of my pc stuff online and never had anything like this happen. Anybody else tangle with these guys and get frustrated??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 9:47 am 
Northwood
Northwood

I've never used them.

post what you've said here at:

www.resellerratings.com

it's a good way to keep it from happening to anyone else :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 12:53 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

I had an absolute nightmare 10 case order with them when my shop first opened. After finally getting a lawyer I got the owner to anny up, but never used them again. I respected what he decided to 'give' me after all the the bad orders and time delays (5 free cases w/PSU's). but I have not odered in bulk with them again. I use directron for cases now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 5:15 pm 
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000

You may want to get in touch with them, they've been all over anandtech and hardocp's forums lastnight and today cleaning up a couple other client problems that an employee who didn't know what he was doing caused

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:57 pm 
Team Member
Team Member

ive never had a problem with them before, altho, i had the same problem with newegg where i bought a mobo, it was dead, went to send it back for another, out of stock. had to get a refund, bought a new mobo, also dead ... 3rd 1 was the charm. i had to pay over $100 for an $80 mobo tho. i still love newegg, but they cant really control shipping costs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 5:16 pm 
Will Mod for Scooby Snacks!
Will Mod for Scooby Snacks!

I've never had a prob with xoxide customer service, everyone I tlked to was friendly and helpful, the only prob I had with them was a DOA psu, but that was not their fault, and they actually sent me the new psu, before I mailed the old one back (they crossed paths in mail), and I had no extra shipping charges with them or anything, The cust service rep told me to send it regular parcel post so not to cost as much and they sent me the new replacement express at no charge to me....

I have ordered from them many times in the past, probably spent close to a grand in less than a year.....
and that is the only prob I had, which really wsn't their fault, I think you ended up with some new morn in customer service who had no clue....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:46 pm 

Jason at Xoxide was rude and tried to tell me that I actually agreed to pay extra. Ill never shop there again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:39 am 
Little Foot
Little Foot

I had a problem with the same individual. However, I found out later that they had several 'kids' employed that were about 16-17 years old, monitoring and modding both the forums and or support chat at any given time. After searching thier posts and talking with a few of them I decided not to shop there again. Highly unprofessional. Just kids really that were nothing more then forum chronies that bantered on and on. I was looking for someone over the age of 17 that could give me some much needed professionalism and it was not to be found. On several of my calls I got an answer and a hang up without anything being said. Found out later they had one phone and a regular answering machine (they didn't return calls). I think now things have improved from what I have seen. basically they tried to get rich quick (read too may orders and not enough supply, or workers, and quality tracking methods as well as site updates for availibility), and simply left alot of customers out in the cold initially with some people never recieving orders overseas, and some getting orders 6 months late, and orders lost, and not having accurate availability on items in their site. They also used alot of their business overhead to advertise (including in maximum PC) and on hordes of sites, but didn't have a staff that could handle thier orders, or track orders, or properly ID orders. (I did this research bfore I was about to class action them a$$es). You know it's a different story when MaxPc, CGW, or PC world calls up and or emails them for a review. They get the item because they know it will be reviewed, and it's only (1) Item. Not 10 cases (bulk) like my order from a little shop owner in Texas.

When you see ANY company pimped out and advertised with MaxPC or any other magazine...take it with a grain of salt. They "may" be no good at all, or perhaps not even exist past the review unit. Just look at one of the so called computer companies that build to order (supposedly) that was in MaxPc that has still never delivered a single order to anyone (they should never have been in anyones 'mag'). That would be the first thing that any editor or investigative team should check out. Credibility with customers. EG: How many systems were delivered - possibly even one unit?. Do they have a decent reseller ratings. Really, you just have to know how to read between the lines nowdays.

Hell, Dell is screwing people too by hiding clauses on other parts of the website that relates to the page your on (checkout). If you order an "on sale" special unit that is plastered with colorful ads, it leads you like a rented mule to checkout and makes it "nice" and "easy" to make final config changes that we all like to make. You add that extra stick of ram...guess what. You just totally voided out your Dell warranty on that $500.00 2400 Dell . You won't be able to read it anywhere during the checkout procedure, or on any page your on. You have to go to a seperate page altogether. Gateway is the same with some units. They do it to entice "new" (read noob) customers that would not think to check details.

But for all of the rip off and scams, and attrition type numbers games that numbers oriented type ex-used car salesman types or ex-bookies scam up (read 3 seperate rebates on one item tricking people into thinking they are getting a nice deal on that HDD or printer) there are great deals out there. You just have to really look for them and know what to look for, and what not "to" look at that only "looks" like a good deal. Usually the best deals are set lower prices without any rebates.

/End Rant

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 2:49 am 
Smithfield*
Smithfield*

i've had a bad expirence with them too. the tech person at my school knows nothing of hardware.so we have this lot of 30 or so dells at our school. since the school bought the chepest pieces of crap the didnt come with a dvd drive. so at te end of the year with extra money in te budget e says we need dvd drives in every comp. so i helped him and orded a load of drives from newegg and they even gave us a discount since we bought bulk and were a school. but it turns out we need extra ide cables. so instead of using new egg i go to xoxide and get order one device ide cables. call them up on the phone and ask for a discount since its for a school. the dude says yes. says they\ll give a 50% discount if we order 40. so we do. week later they come. the cables are fine and eveything works. but the bill isnt. instead of taking 50% off the price of the cable the day i orderd it. they took 0% off a price that was higher then the one they posted. but thankfully it wasnt my money and school ended before i had to call them so now the poor tech guy has to sort it out himself. hopefully when school starts again it will be solved.