PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:22 am 
Java Junkie
Java Junkie

http://www.maximumpc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1458

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:24 am 
7yrs+11,000 Posts
7yrs+11,000 Posts

then ill make a better one or maybe ill make a hrl Hradware Resource list :twisted:

hopefully they will turn it into a sticky

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:40 am 
Monkey Federation (Top 10)*

You can't. Only people who spell correctly and use proper punctuation can start stickies. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 11:59 am 
7yrs+11,000 Posts
7yrs+11,000 Posts

wanna bet i can make a good one
I think i will

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:06 pm 
Team Member Top 500
Team Member Top 500

gamerfreak wrote:
wanna bet i can make a good one
I think i will

OOOH I got a 5er to throw into the pot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:42 pm 
7yrs+11,000 Posts
7yrs+11,000 Posts

ok ull see a prl tomorow

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:16 pm 
I'd rather be modding!
I'd rather be modding!

gamerfreak wrote:
ok ull see a prl tomorow

Don't waste your time Gamer. There is a PRL in the works and someone is in charge.

However, I understand your frustration at it being slow to arrive and your willingness to contribute.

If you really want to be a RL maintainer at some point, it will take time. Consider the following:

Little or no room for bias in an RL - no matter what folder.
Little or no room for spelling mistakes in an RL.
Good BB coding skills (this is easy really).
And you need to be [PC] - and that is not easy (I am an exception - due to a technical glitch in the MPC flux capacitor).

Really gamer, if you want to contribute and push for one its fine - but you have not been part of Commport and MPC long enough yet to maintain one. IMO

I will enter you on my list of folks that might want to take over the MRL maintainence in the future though. You WILL have to prove worthy and that PSU mod "how to" would be a huge step.

In the mean time, leave the programming folks alone until you atleast have some programming skills - and start using some BB in your posts just to practice (like change text size and color).

AS FOR THE REST OF YOU: I find it ironic that you make fun of Gamer for wanting to take the task on and being excited about it when you supposed programmers can't master BB code enough to do it yourselves. What's a matter? BB Syntax to tough? Having problems releating to a markup language? After all, I spent 30 minutes posting python resources you could incorporate in an RL. Thats about the same amount of time I spen't making the 1st MRL page.

Its not rocket science after all (and I would know). Get in gear guys :evil:

* Manta goes back to the Modder's folder (and Gamer - you should follow 'till you get some programming skillz - they (Programmers folder) don't appear to be worth of an RL)

Manta
:wink:

EDIT = all joking aside, I do think you guys could have a PRL by now (if you want one).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:56 am 
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000*
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000*

I would like to finish it, but I am really swamped right now. Also, no one from the .net community has stepped and added their info - ditto for Perl and several other languages. So it is pretty lopsided right now.... not that I mind. :)

The 'help make a programmer's resource list' is a good subsititute for now. I'll add some more information and links over there for now, and when it looks complete enough, distill it into something a bit more formal.

To be honest, I am a little curious about what gamerfreak comes up with.... should be interesting. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:21 pm 
In the lab!
In the lab!

i'm just going to sticky the current list for now... hopefully someone will step up to maintain it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:25 pm 
Java Junkie
Java Junkie

MantaBase wrote:
In the mean time, leave the programming folks alone until you atleast have some programming skills - and start using some BB in your posts just to practice (like change text size and color).

Hey now ... gamer is welcome here ... he has asked some good questions and some of his threads have started some useful discussions. Don't send him away.

MantaBase wrote:
AS FOR THE REST OF YOU: I find it ironic that you make fun of Gamer for wanting to take the task on and being excited about it when you supposed programmers can't master BB code enough to do it yourselves. What's a matter? BB Syntax to tough? Having problems releating to a markup language? After all, I spent 30 minutes posting python resources you could incorporate in an RL. Thats about the same amount of time I spen't making the 1st MRL page.

I don't find it ironic. I find it insulting. Gamerfreak is trying to make this a better folder, and these guys ... particularly the monkey ... follow him into our folder and mock him? That's just shitty.

Spider Monkey: you can follow gamer around the LL all day and mock him if you want ... but keep it out of this folder. Mockery and insults are not welcome here.

MantaBase wrote:
EDIT = all joking aside, I do think you guys could have a PRL by now (if you want one).

Real life keeps getting in my way. :? I haven't had time to tackle the string cheese challenge! :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 5:32 pm 
I'd rather be modding!
I'd rather be modding!

Jipstyle wrote:

Real life keeps getting in my way. :? I haven't had time to tackle the string cheese challenge! :(

I'm actually getting a kicking myself as well. This is the week from hell.

Manta

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:38 pm 
7yrs+11,000 Posts
7yrs+11,000 Posts

I will upkeep the prl, i have already started making a good one, i just need editing rights.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:40 pm 
7yrs+11,000 Posts
7yrs+11,000 Posts

I have time, and plus u guys will help me out with links, right. I need somthin to do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:06 am 
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000*
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000*

gamerfreak wrote:
I have time, and plus u guys will help me out with links, right. I need somthin to do.

PM me what you have so far and I'll take a look at it and make some adjustments if needed. You can then add it to the current work in progress. Make it look pretty.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 7:42 am 

Jipstyle wrote:

Spider Monkey: you can follow gamer around the LL all day and mock him if you want ... but keep it out of this folder. Mockery and insults are not welcome here.

What ever Jip. I was in this folder first. I didn't follow anyone in. A ranking individual along myself were poking (maybe a little too hard) to see if we'd dig up a dollar taker. Manta's comments were way more insulting than anything I've ever said to Gamer... In any folder. So point the "Mockery and insults..." somewhere else. But hey, that's what the monkey is for right? To beat against the walls when you didn't have enough coffee in the morning, or when your tribe gets bored. Right? :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 8:46 am 
I'd rather be modding!
I'd rather be modding!

Spider Monkey wrote:
Jipstyle wrote:

What ever Jip. I was in this folder first. I didn't follow anyone in. A ranking individual along myself were poking (maybe a little too hard) to see if we'd dig up a dollar taker. Manta's comments were way more insulting than anything I've ever said to Gamer... In any folder. So point the "Mockery and insults..." somewhere else. But hey, that's what the monkey is for right? To beat against the walls when you didn't have enough coffee in the morning, or when your tribe gets bored. Right? :roll:

Just Chill.....

If Gamer wants to make a list, he should try. Sounds like Gadget can go for it and Dexter doesn't care. Niether of them have time. My comments were both to explain to Gamer that it was already being worked on, and to poke a bit of fun at Programmer Folder Members (visitors?). I wasn't trying to insult gamer. He already knows his spelling is erm....needs work.

Now take your Monkey Butt back to the LL. Maybe you can make an LLRL (now that would be a laugh - likely get you banned as well). I wonder what would be on it??

Manta

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 8:53 am 

MantaBase wrote:

Now take your Monkey Butt back to the LL. Maybe you can make an LLRL (now that would be a laugh - likely get you banned as well). I wonder what would be on it??

Manta

No! You can't make me go back! lol You do have a good idea here though. Too bad for you I don't get banned.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:10 am 
In the lab!
In the lab!

Alright you guys... take it out back or I'll get the hose! :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:34 am 
7yrs+11,000 Posts
7yrs+11,000 Posts

I made a prl, i just need to wait for gadget to post it on a sticky.