Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:08 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: The time is coming---ATTN Thunar
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:33 pm 
Phoenix Foundation (Top 10)

I finally made it to the top 10 a couple weeks back. All is right within the world.

For those of you trailing close behind, this is your chance. Im sure those close have been watching and noticed the drop in my output. My 2800+ 64 is running off and on lately, i will get that back to a service tomorrow. The HT P4 lappy is down and has been for about 3 weeks now. It was getting way to hot to sit and fold in this weather and i paid a good chunk of change to risk anything happening to it. Besides, yall know i cant go for too long with that extra power just sitting there not getting used, lol.

So yall better use this opportunity to pass me before i add a few more or get my hometown rigs back up and running 24x7!!!

Last edited by ricksickle on Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 5:19 am 

So yeah...I dont like the idea of getting knocked out of the top 10, so i turned the laptop back on with just the one instance. QMD of course : )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:53 am 

17 days....i dont think there is anything i can do to stop this, lol. I had some extra cash, so i ordered a HT 3.0 setup, but it looks like i need to make about 2000ppd to start getting away from you.

I did notice i turned in like 9500 points yesterday. Surprised the hell outta me, lol. Not a clue where all that came from. My laptop has been running full speed, along with everything else here. I even turned the PII 450 back on.

So congrats on passing me. Your the first to do it since last year this time when i got back into folding : ) Maybe ill be able to hold you off for a few more days.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 5:21 am 
Team Member Top 10
Team Member Top 10

Location: back on the right side of the middle of the left side YES i'm folding
there are about 9 more people back there that want to rain on your parade, thunar was only the first.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:08 pm 

g.m.waters (red ranger3) wrote:
there are about 9 more people back there that want to rain on your parade, thunar was only the first.

Im just worried about the top 2 contenders, the rest dont frighten me just yet, lol. I have a customer with a 3.2HT i can check on and a 2500+ and another 2ghz P4 i can add. Add that along with my new 3.0 I ordered and that should buy me a few more days.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:37 pm 

The 3.0 arrived today along with a stick of 512. XP is loading as we speak. Tonight ill replace a 9600pro with a 6600GT for a customer with a 2500+, that will also get turned on to folding. So yeah....im trying to hold my spot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:25 pm 

Should team up here Rick, now with the cooler weather upon us I can turn back on all the PC's i have lying down here in this basement. Call it a joint venture? :)

BTW, how is mike liking his new 6600GT?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:23 pm 

I think we should, i could use the extra horsepower to keep the enemy at bay, lol. He just got the card dropped off, dont think hes installed it yet. Looks like a nice card tho, im going that route shortly when i get rid of my 9600xt.

And to get back on topic, the new P4 is complete and has started folding. It didnt download a QMD right away, might be a glitch or might be the fact that it has shared RAM, so technically there isnt 512 available. Doesnt matter, i wiped what it downloaded and grabbed a QMD from my lappy and copied it over, then downloaded a new QMD for the lappy. Both are HT P4's, but im only running one instance for heat reasons.

2.8ghz Laptop is getting me 266ppd
3ghz P4 is getting me 352ppd

Keep it coming thunar, im going to make you work for this one!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 8:36 am 
Team Creamsicles
Team Creamsicles

Sorry I missed this thread for a while, there has been allot going on!!

I don't mind working for what I will eventually get, that is a top-ten position. And I will do it with whatever project my machines happen to download. I will not sacrifice science by "wiping out" projects I do not like. :?

If you think it is necessary to bring others on board cause you can not handle it by yourself, by all means do so. Whatever it takes to get more points for our team I am all for. :)

I won't be adding anything new to boost my points in the near future. Right now I have a closing date on my new house of October 28th. So nothing new till I can get my farm established. Then there will no stopping..:twisted:

-Thunar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:18 pm 

Quote:
I don't mind working for what I will eventually get, that is a top-ten position. And I will do it with whatever project my machines happen to download. I will not sacrifice science by "wiping out" projects I do not like

Just so everyone is clear on this, im not wiping out projects I dont like. I simply noticed that my P4 didnt download a QMD because i was 16mb of RAM short of 512. I built the P4 strictly for folding QMD's, so if I have to manually assign them until i can get another stick of RAM in there, so be it.

Congrats on the house. My next goal is to move from the trailer park into a new house : ) Just waiting for business to take wayyyy off.

Im glad its you ive been fighting with the last few months and not some noob using a few computer labs at college, lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:22 am 

Well, i was having problems with the new P4, but it seems to have worked itself out. RAM compatibility problems with the motherboard. Figured that would happen when using cheap parts. But its been running for almost 24 hours now, getting my 333ppd.

Last night I ordered a celeron D, 2.9 i think, for that other board I bought a couple weeks back. Since the mobile procs wouldnt work, i went with what newegg had available.

I also ordered a replacement board for a 754 Sempron I had sitting here, along with another stick of 512. Now when I sell all these off, I will put that money into a 4200+ dual core rig I have priced out : )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:08 am 

So i still havent gotten that celly or mobo for the sempron. Funds availability issues, lol. Besides, im not getting the celeron anymore, im going to stick another 3.0 on that board. I just need a couple more rigs....think think think....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 5:23 am 

I just got a celeron 400 with 32mb of RAM from a trade in...your toast now. Thats one more rig crunching a QMD...hahahahahaha

It scares me when i goto bed and you have 11 days left, then i wake up relieved when i see its back up to 18. Im just buying more time...lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:58 am 

I thought i would kick this back up to the top....my numbers are increasing : )

This week alone i added:
PentiumD 820 2.8@3.2 (660ppd)
CeleronD 2.8 (200ppd)
Upgraded 2800+ to 3700+

In next week or two:
Moving 2800+ parts to my brother, bringing his 1700+ back here.
Adding two more CeleronD boxes
Adding 754 Sempron 2600+

It looks like right now your doing 1000ppd more then me. Guess ill have to sell off my 3700+ gaming box and replace it with a PentiumD box...hehe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:32 pm 
Monkey Federation (Top 10)
Monkey Federation (Top 10)

Nevermind this post, I just noticed I posted in a really old topic.