PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 7:06 pm 
Team Member*
Team Member*

Captain Crunch wrote:
One4yu2c wrote:
Captain Crunch wrote:
All right, now all I have to do is find a really annoying avatar. :wink:

There's always the obvious choice (slightly modified):

LOL Thats prettey good One4u2c I just mite have to use that as soon as the adminastrators give me an option in my profile of using one. thanks.

Captian Crunch: PM Number Six, tell her to request that if you can upload an avatar, and she will pm you that you can upload.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 11:19 pm 
Sharptooth
Sharptooth

I pmed Number Six like you said wirelessfredom maybe I'll have a avatar soon.
Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 11:32 pm 
Team Member*
Team Member*

check your profile you see if you can, or wait until #6 PM's you so you can upload.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 7:03 am 
Celeron
Celeron

wirelessfredom wrote:
Captian Crunch: PM Number Six, tell her to request that if you can upload an avatar, and she will pm you that you can upload.

Him. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 8:32 am 

tried some old ram once, don't really reccomend it....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 9:09 am 
Klamath
Klamath

I have to agree, there is something to opening a new video card, or sound card, or any computer component and smelling the "fresh from the factory" smell, the smell of clean, the smell of technology.. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 12:27 pm 
Team Member
Team Member

Not yet but microCHIPS and dip are great. Okay I'm building the rehab clinic for myself...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 12:39 pm 
Team Member*
Team Member*

OCNoob wrote:
wirelessfredom wrote:

Him. ;)

what's with the girl based avatar?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 1:06 pm 
Team Member Top 250
Team Member Top 250

girls = pretty. ^_^

ask him yourself if you're so curious...i should get myself an avatar too...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 1:44 pm 
Team Member*
Team Member*

d1blet wrote:
girls = pretty. ^_^

ask him yourself if you're so curious...i should get myself an avatar too...

ask #6 then, while you ask for an avatar.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 2:56 pm 
Team Member
Team Member

Location: Defragging brain. Sector 25642401. Percent complete: 01000000%. 64-bit me.
wirelessfredom wrote:
I like the smell of new hardware, but it's never gonna last long. Are you building a computer because I think the smell has filled your room and needs adequate ventalation.
\

It's true. Take a deep breath of the newest video card, the newest mobo and the newest CPUs that come to your doorstep. It's a wonderful smell, because you know how much it just cost you and you know what power lies beneath. Your next door neighbor cannot fathom the power that lies in the diodes and transistors. They don't know your P/S is pushing over 350watts. They don't know your case runs wicked cool with five fans and a water cooling unit. It's earie to them that your case glows and resonates to the sound of your bass. They don't know that extra frame counts. They can't tell "reflect all" from "reflect world". To them, it's green, blue, purple, and in some cases, hot pink. It's all the same to them.

But not to you.

You are a true TECHY. Be proud of it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 3:12 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

I have a tote under my bed that I store all my spare parts in. The aroma that bombards my nostrils whenever I go digging in there is nothing short of delicious!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 5:47 pm 
Team Member Top 250
Team Member Top 250

alevasseur14 can be my new excuse for not turning in papers for school. Instead of the dog eating my homework, I can say that alevasseur14 ate my hard drive. (which had my paper that I was going to print out)

But then again, I was sniffing the mobo to my new machine.... :winky: Gotta love the smell of Asus PCB ^_^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 6:26 pm 
Team Member
Team Member

the_river wrote:
wirelessfredom wrote:
I like the smell of new hardware, but it's never gonna last long. Are you building a computer because I think the smell has filled your room and needs adequate ventalation.
\

It's true. Take a deep breath of the newest video card, the newest mobo and the newest CPUs that come to your doorstep. It's a wonderful smell, because you know how much it just cost you and you know what power lies beneath. Your next door neighbor cannot fathom the power that lies in the diodes and transistors. They don't know your P/S is pushing over 350watts. They don't know your case runs wicked cool with five fans and a water cooling unit. It's earie to them that your case glows and resonates to the sound of your bass. They don't know that extra frame counts. They can't tell "reflect all" from "reflect world". To them, it's green, blue, purple, and in some cases, hot pink. It's all the same to them.

But not to you.

You are a true TECHY. Be proud of it.

Wait a second, how did you know I have five fans in my case? E] Yes the love of technology makes us do wonderfully strange things. I actually build computers for other people just so I can get a whiff of the new hardware smell. Its intoxicating aroma never ceases to please me. I think they should cover new computer smell in the October issue of MPC. I'd even offer to help them out as a nasal consultant.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 6:46 pm 
Team Member
Team Member

Snifff....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 7:45 pm 
Team Member
Team Member

Location: Defragging brain. Sector 25642401. Percent complete: 01000000%. 64-bit me.
Brentium4 wrote:
Snifff....

Don't get "too" high :)

No I support a drug free America :) I just don't include computer sniffing on the list.

I also build computers for a living. The first time I pulled out my MSI GeForce FX 6800GT graphics card, I knew I was about to enjoy intense gaming in Half-Life 2 and UT 2K4. My gaming, as Cpt._Chaos_2.0, went up a notch and then I decided to overclock this sucker. It's most definitely able to be overclocked to Ultra standards. I just haven't got the guts to do it yet :~) Same reason as my Athlon 64 3500+: I don't have to yet :) I run HL2 at maximum resolution without a single stutter!

The aroma hit me so hard as I opened that box. But I think the best is the motherboards. Seriously. It's the world putting every ounce of energy and technological wisdom into one board. It's a beatiful thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 2:33 am 
Team Member
Team Member

the_river wrote:
Brentium4 wrote:
Snifff....

Don't get "too" high :)

No I support a drug free America :) I just don't include computer sniffing on the list.

I also build computers for a living. The first time I pulled out my MSI GeForce FX 6800GT graphics card, I knew I was about to enjoy intense gaming in Half-Life 2 and UT 2K4. My gaming, as Cpt._Chaos_2.0, went up a notch and then I decided to overclock this sucker. It's most definitely able to be overclocked to Ultra standards. I just haven't got the guts to do it yet :~) Same reason as my Athlon 64 3500+: I don't have to yet :) I run HL2 at maximum resolution without a single stutter!

The aroma hit me so hard as I opened that box. But I think the best is the motherboards. Seriously. It's the world putting every ounce of energy and technological wisdom into one board. It's a beatiful thing.

Agreed, there is nothing as powerful as new mobo smell. Crap, now I'm starting to get the upgrade itch. Dual everything here I come baby. Actually perhaps I better wait, I haven't received my September MPC yet, I want to check out the DM05 before upgrading again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 3:14 am 
Team Member
Team Member

wile pouring some coffee i had a revalation, i thought about where the true addicts of hardware addiction go if they have run out of money to feed there accition (parts cost money), and it hit me. there working at dell, gateway hp and other OEMs getting there fix,

well this now has epidemic status, now if u exuse me imma go sniff some lines of ram

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 5:14 am 
Team Member
Team Member

Simpson5774 wrote:
wile pouring some coffee i had a revalation, i thought about where the true addicts of hardware addiction go if they have run out of money to feed there accition (parts cost money), and it hit me. there working at dell, gateway hp and other OEMs getting there fix,

well this now has epidemic status, now if u exuse me imma go sniff some lines of ram

I actually went for a job interview at Dell about 5 years ago. I've been applying to big technology companies ever since. I've done my best to get my fix while on the job because you are absolutely right Simpson5774 - parts cost money and sometimes I just can't afford to upgrade.

Thank you for that eye opening post, this has been a real education for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:14 am 
Little Foot
Little Foot

d1blet wrote:
alevasseur14 can be my new excuse for not turning in papers for school. Instead of the dog eating my homework, I can say that alevasseur14 ate my hard drive. (which had my paper that I was going to print out)

Whoa! I can't be held responsible for someone else's lackluster performance!!! Leave me outta that!