Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:31 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: WE KNOW! (phpBB 2.0.10)
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 7:50 am 
All Your Basestar Are Belong to Us
All Your Basestar Are Belong to Us

We know that phpBB version 2.0.10 is now available, and weren't we smart not to install 2.0.9?

Please be patient while we wait and see if 2.2.1 doesn't come out next week.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 2:11 am 

and thanx a lot for upgrading to phpBB, because before you were using some other kind of messaging board. (which i didn't like at all).

Last edited by lziegler on Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:38 am 
Northwood
Northwood

lziegler wrote:
and thanx a lot for upgrading to phpBB, because before you were using some other kind of messaging board. (which i didn't like at all and thats the reason why i didn't register).

really? how long has this official board been here? i registered as soon as i found out about it, and it was already phpBB at the time.

unless you're referring to the Commport at Delphi.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:42 am 
Monkey Federation (Top 10)*

He's talking about the Port on Delphi. You know, the one slowly slipping into the ocean.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:54 am 

yeah, i was referring to Delphi! I guess i was stranded somwhere.
I'm confused!!! :? :? how long is this phpbb forum already running? and did MaxPC upgrade from the Port on Delphi to phpBB or did Maximum PC have these 2 forums running the whole time?

well i guess it was a bit off topic ofwat i wrote there in my last post, so sorry........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:11 pm 

lziegler wrote:
yeah, i was referring to Delphi! I guess i was stranded somwhere.
I'm confused!!! :? :? how long is this phpbb forum already running? and did MaxPC upgrade from the Port on Delphi to phpBB or did Maximum PC have these 2 forums running the whole time?

well i guess it was a bit off topic ofwat i wrote there in my last post, so sorry........

This forum has been running for a few months. MaxPC left Delphi to run thier own gig. There are editorials on it all over this portion of the forum. :)

The other one is still over on delphi, but has been aptly named The Commport.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:19 pm 
Northwood
Northwood

Spider Monkey wrote:
He's talking about the Port on Delphi. You know, the one slowly slipping into the ocean.

someone get logik here to moderate the Windows Parlor!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:30 pm 

cigar3tte wrote:
Spider Monkey wrote:

someone get logik here to moderate the Windows Parlor!

If Logik leave the Port and comes over here full time, the old forum will cease to exist! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:59 pm 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

Spider Monkey wrote:
Not fast enough! It's a good experiment in chaos. I think we should manidate pulling all the mods and [PC] out of there and see what happens. We can devise a contraption to measure overall knowledge and watch the numbers drop as the atmosphere gets dumber and dumber with each passing day. I bet the LL takes over and becomes a breeding ground for hate groups :D

I even wonder if all those people posting PC-based questions know we even exsist over here. I mean, if you missed the announcement, then no one probably even noticed the change. A better one IMO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 3:04 pm 

I point people all the time. Most of the stragglers perfer the outline and don't want to give this one a shot. Personally, I got use to it fast.

If you pulled the PC and Mods out of the Port, that thing would sink like a rock. That's the glue keeping it together in my opinion. No matter how much people hate it. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 3:29 pm 
Solid as a rock
Solid as a rock

Chumly wrote:
Spider Monkey wrote:
Not fast enough! It's a good experiment in chaos. I think we should manidate pulling all the mods and [PC] out of there and see what happens. We can devise a contraption to measure overall knowledge and watch the numbers drop as the atmosphere gets dumber and dumber with each passing day. I bet the LL takes over and becomes a breeding ground for hate groups :D

I even wonder if all those people posting PC-based questions know we even exsist over here. I mean, if you missed the announcement, then no one probably even noticed the change. A better one IMO.

That's a stupid idea. Many people do not care for this format. The only advantage to the forum is the Editors/writers come around. I don't know what you see but the same stupid shit is over here too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 11:02 am 
I miss my [Ch]ams!
I miss my [Ch]ams!

Some of the mods (Logik! and me in particular) appreciate Delphi forum's platform. From an admin point of view, they rock all over phpBB. Staff here will continue to moderate both forums for the foreseeable future.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 10:33 am 

lol, look what i started! i only host phpBB forums cuz it's really easy to administrate. They should just close down Delphi. (my personal opinion).
how can u like the outline more then this? This has a way better layout, design, etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 12:51 pm 
Sailorman
Sailorman

lziegler wrote:
lol, look what i started! i only host phpBB forums cuz it's really easy to administrate. They should just close down Delphi. (my personal opinion).
how can u like the outline more then this? This has a way better layout, design, etc.

I for one also prefer the delphi format. Yours is just one opinion as is everyone elses.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:01 pm 

lziegler wrote:
This has a way better layout, design, etc.

No way. It is way easier to follow a conversation with the other format. Of course that is because of users that don't know what they are doing in a forum like this.