is powerstrip good overclock tool for nforce cards
nVidia Video cards or nForce Motherboards? If it's nVidia Video cards, then I have a little trick for you!
- Do all the normal percautionary stuff you should do when you edit the registry. Because that's what you are about to do.
- Go to Start->Run->type rededit
- Open HKEY local machine->Software->NVIDIA Corporation->Global->NVTweak
- In a bare (white) area of the right pane, right click
- Chose "New" then "DWORD" value
- Name this new Dword "Coolbits"
- Double click your new Coolbits to get the properties.
- In Value Data field, put in "3" and insure "Hexidecimal" is checked.
- Close out the registry editor.
Now when you right click on your desktop and go to your properties, You go to the settings tab, click the advanced button, and go to your card's settings tab (usually the back one on the right) you should have a new "Clock Frequencies" setting to play with.
And you made this all by yourself, so go rejoice at your new found wisedom and try to see how to get the smoke out of your card