Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:28 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Presscott lga775 watercooling head?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 7:38 am 

Hi i am new to overclocking but I have done it before just not on a new CPU. Well here is my story I found a way to get watercooling for just the price of a cooling block and tubing, the only problem is i cant find one for the Lga 775 or socket T P4 . This bothers me because I already got the cooling setup but I really cant spend any more money so if any one has any recomendations for cooling heads mutch is aprecieted. I guess I can use the fan supplied with the processor but as my buddy says "The greatest joy in life is overclocking ...... TO THE EXTREME". I plan on finishing the pc soon I just need the cooling setup and a video card. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 9:48 am 
Willamette
Willamette

www.dangerden.com might have it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 6:30 pm 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

You've found my delima as well. What ya running by the way?

I have the Abit AA8 and a 550. I had planned to bring my water rig over from it's current home (with a couple new pieces) but I don't have a waterblock for the new socket. I had tried the DD TDX block out, but the mounts aren't right and the socket got in the way.

I'd be looking around, but I don't like any blocks outside of Danger Den or Asetek. I'm sure that they'll come out with one, but who knows when:p

And isn't that new HS/F unit the most stupid thing you've seen!? I'm embarassed to have it in there. I pulled it out of the box and I thought it was a joke. Looks like a damned toy or a beanie hat:p

Now that we've found out we're both screwed, what stuff did ya get? Just curious, and hate for this thread to die. I have no 775 friends :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 10:07 am 

There there im sure some one will be your friend...

Yah I might just run my makshift fan that looks better than the cooling fan supplied or a heatsink and run copper tubing though the fins fill and use it as a makeshift water block.

I am right now between builds so i started a new one im running a P4 775 3.2 Ghz presscott,
The mobo is a GIGABYTE "GA-8I915P Duo-A" 915P Chipset. I dont have the graphics card, im planning on getting an nvidiageforce 6800 gt one. 1 gig of memory by OCZ,
just a dvd player stolen from an older pc the things sorta a hackaway project.
and the fan supplied i havent even bothered putting in. I have a more makshift approach to things i dont really need it cause the systems not running yet. :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 8:48 pm 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

Update to all in search of water cooling for Socket-T!

Danger Den just released a lucite top for the TDX waterblocks to make the block work on a 775 board. Just put it on order and we'll see how it goes.

Also, Thermaltake has added clips to their little unit to allow it to be used on the 775. Not the best rig out there, but if you've never played with water, $150 or so aint bad at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 1:53 pm 

Awsome i saw the thermaltake kit on the site but i havent found the Danger den piece where did you order it from? that should be awsom now i can ditch the air cooling and benie cap thingy they call a coolant system and get overclocking.

The thermalake kit looks ok but i dont need anything but the head.

Any clue on how to get a head for a 6800 GE and Ram coolers cause fans suck :?: ... well blow or something :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 2:52 pm 
Team Member Top 500
Team Member Top 500

DD has a new 6800 waterblock out that covers the RAM ;) DangerDen Roxors my Boxers!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 3:24 pm 
Boy in Black
Boy in Black

NoFragingplz wrote:
...i havent found the Danger den piece where did you order it from?
Front page of http://www.dangerden.com
"August 1
Update 1:
The Intel 775 Lucite tops are now available for the RBX and TDX blocks..."
I ordered the top and it costs $11, $4 shipping. It's included if you order the TDX or RBX and state that you need the 775 top instead of the 478 top at the time of order.

Quote:
The thermalake kit looks ok but i dont need anything but the head.
I don't like 'em either, but I've seen their units for about $150, so that's a minor chunk of change for someone just starting off with H20. Nice rigs climb in price pretty steeply. My radiator alone is more than half what that TT system costs:p

And the man got ya the info on the 6800 head. They're flooded with orders for them at the moment, but I'm thinking about getting in line even though I don't have a 6800! I don't like the lucite top, but oh well. I don't think it's that noticable enough to care about the cover. I'd just rather have a metal top so I don't have to see that big slug of water dangling over parts :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:37 am 

Should I get a resevoir or is it usless??

specs:

TDX 775 watercooling head

DD double radiator

Hydror pump

I havent ordered any thing im trying to keep it cheap (max 200) so any sugestions are welcom. I intend to get a cooling block for the 6800 but after a little while because I really dont need it now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 12:26 pm 
Team Member Top 500
Team Member Top 500

I prefer to use reservoirs to T-lines myself. I especially like the WACC active reservoirs, but they have no US distributers, so I pay an arm and a leg to get them from a friend in the UK.

Review here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:32 pm 
M-Powered
M-Powered

Air-tight inline loops are superior to reservoirs. Lower maintenance factor as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 4:02 pm 

There is still discussion as to which is better t-line or resevoir. It's pretty much up to each person to take their pick so far as I've seen.

I prefer running a resevoir because it does take longer for more water to heat up, but it will eventually equalize through the system. I also like it because I can play around with different coolant mixes faster and easier than having to bleed the system each time.

It also depends on how many things you are cooling, not that it helps in reference to temps but some larger pumps last longer if they are submerged, like pond fountain pumps. you'll get the added heat from the pump into the water though but you can push more water, it's all in the setup. If you plan on running a chipset block, cpu block, vid card block, and 2 hard drive coolers you'll be needeing seperate loops (mulitple cooling systems) or a pretty large pump.

If you want your system to be more portable then a t-line is the way to go. It's less water so it's lighter and less barbs and fittings to potentially come loose.

If you're still not sure how to adapt your current waterblock to the new socket and are handy with tools you can get some thicker copper or aluminum sheet and custom fab a mounting bracket. I havn't done one for your exact situation so I can't tell you if it'll be difficult or not.