It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:14 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 5:56 pm 
Thunderbird
Thunderbird

Karl the Pagan wrote:
System.exit(1) will kill the Java VM.

If it's running as a service or from JNI invocation API you can force it to restart until it exits with a specific error code (probably zero).

Other than that I'm not sure what you're trying to do... upgrade the program without having to manually restart it? To do that you should look at using a Jar classloader and a little bootstrapping trick.

I have decided to hold off learning much more about JNI until after this semester of classes. I am currently recoding it in C++ using VS 6.0.

I just figured out a minor problem I was having with my while loop but I solved it today. Now my program should be 75% done. All I need now is to format the display a little. Do some internal documentation and a few little fine tuning.

I appreciate everyones help. Please post what name you want displayed in the documentation (have not decided final form of this documentation) and any contact information (if any) you want displayed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 9:15 pm 

- is fine if I'm credited (not neccessary really)

Last edited by Karl the Pagan on Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 12:41 pm 
Thunderbird
Thunderbird

Karl the Pagan wrote:
kpauls@acm.org is fine if I'm credited (not neccessary really)

Everyone who helped I want to acknowledge them. I have just finished documenting the code, adding finishing touches, and fixing one minor problem I was having with the calculation. I have test it with my old program I wrote years ago and I am obtaining the same number.

Now I can add any functionality I want as I want. The basic I wanted is done. Now if only I can get it to run off the console. I honestly do not know why they call it VC++. It is not visual at all like VB is.

I have not tested VJ++ but I have heard it is not that visual either. When I think of visual programming language I think of VB with its forms, simple addition of objects, and coding of objects relatively easy. I was told by other that VC++ is the same with object. I do not see how they can see that.

There is no simple way of adding objects to a project. I am slowing learning the required code for adding buttons and code to the buttons using MFC, but it is coming real slow.

Again thank you for all the help everyone has given me while I worked on this little project. Maybe now I can find the time to work on the string cheese test. LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 12:58 am 
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000*
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000*

baldeagle wrote:
I have not tested VJ++ but I have heard it is not that visual either. When I think of visual programming language I think of VB with its forms, simple addition of objects, and coding of objects relatively easy. I was told by other that VC++ is the same with object. I do not see how they can see that.

Stay away from any J languages offered by MS. Have you used NetBeans? Good visual development support for Java. If you're going to do something in C++, I would look into using SWT with Eclipse.

Now get to work on that cheese!