Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:36 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: BAD_POOL_CALLER
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 8:08 pm 

I just installed WinXP Pro on my new PC and sometimes it works, but every once in a while itll bring up a blue screen after the WinXP Pro load screen saying "BAD_POOL_CALLER" I dont know whats causing it. Please help.

Post subject: Re: BAD_POOL_CALLER
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 8:12 pm 
Thunderbird
Thunderbird

Wolfenstein wrote:
I just installed WinXP Pro on my new PC and sometimes it works, but every once in a while itll bring up a blue screen after the WinXP Pro load screen saying "BAD_POOL_CALLER" I dont know whats causing it. Please help.

GOOGLE
is your friend.
if [url=http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us/Default.asp?url=/resources/documentation/Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us/prmd_stp_czgw.asp]
this link from m$[/url] is to believed seems like a driver problem or maybe even a hardware problem?

take a look at m$ page see if any of what they are saying seems to fit your situation and post back?

edit oh yeah what is in the event logs?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 8:16 pm 

no clue, but I realized that the floppy power cable was unplugged, could that possibly be the problem? i replugged it in and it hasnt done it yet

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 8:30 pm 
Thunderbird
Thunderbird

Wolfenstein wrote:
no clue, but I realized that the floppy power cable was unplugged, could that possibly be the problem? i replugged it in and it hasnt done it yet

i don't think the floppy power being pulled could cause that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 12:06 am 
Willamette
Willamette

if (when) it happens again, write down the full error code if you can. It's a lot more help than the error message.

(example 0x0000008C, etc.)

how many of these are true? (from the microsoft article here:

* A Stop 0xC2 message might occur after installing a faulty device driver, system service, or firmware. If a Stop message lists a driver by name, disable, remove, or roll back the driver to correct the problem. If disabling or removing drivers resolves the issues, contact the manufacturer about a possible update. Using updated software is especially important for multimedia applications, antivirus scanners, DVD playback, and CD mastering tools.
* A Stop 0xC2 message might also be due to failing or defective hardware. If a Stop message points to a category of devices (such as disk controllers, for example), try removing or replacing the hardware to determine if it is causing the problem.
* If you encounter a Stop 0xC2 message while upgrading to Windows XP Professional, the problem might be due to an incompatible driver, system service, virus scanner, or backup. To avoid problems while upgrading, simplify your hardware configuration and remove all third-party device drivers and system services (including virus scanners) prior to running setup. After you have successfully installed Windows XP Professional, contact the hardware manufacturer to obtain compatible updates. For more information about simplifying your system for troubleshooting purposes, see " Troubleshooting Concepts and Strategies" and "Troubleshooting Startup" in this book.

If any of them are, let's find out what we can do about it.