Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:16 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Can't someone take me?
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 10:38 am 
Phoenix Foundation (Top 10)

Ever since i started folding again back in july or august, whenever it was, i skyrocketed through the ranks. There were a few challenges along the way and few good members, but in the end, i smoked them all. Gary is close, but i have no worries.

Is there anyone that can pass ME for once? Eventually I will hit the wall when i get into the top 10 in the next 30 days, so we will see how it goes.

LETS GET IT ON!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 2:23 am 
Folding Momerator
Folding Momerator

I don't know Rick, to me, it looks like we're the only one to take you on, unless some of the other collective go back to their user names.

Post subject: Re: Can't someone take me?
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 3:15 am 
Team Member Top 100
Team Member Top 100

ricksickle wrote:
Ever since i started folding again back in july or august, whenever it was, i skyrocketed through the ranks. There were a few challenges along the way and few good members, but in the end, i smoked them all. Gary is close, but i have no worries.

Is there anyone that can pass ME for once? Eventually I will hit the wall when i get into the top 10 in the next 30 days, so we will see how it goes.

LETS GET IT ON!

We will see....if I get the Ok from our Head admin guy, US Army Hawaii will have a "RickRock_Finest" Collective (about 200+ PC's :shock: ) BUT it has to get under review first and it's still possible they might say no....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 5:05 am 

Well, i dont think i have to worry about that. I highly doubt the army is going to let any unauthorized software on any of there computers. We would get nailed if we used AIM on them, lol. Unless these are not government computers, im not worried at all : )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 8:21 am 
Monkey Federation (Top 10)*
Monkey Federation (Top 10)*

ricksickle wrote:
Well, i dont think i have to worry about that. I highly doubt the army is going to let any unauthorized software on any of there computers. We would get nailed if we used AIM on them, lol. Unless these are not government computers, im not worried at all : )

If they are government computer you still don't have to worry. Considering that the goverment is always ten years behind (second only to the medical industry), all they probably have is 200, 486's. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 8:47 am 
Team Member Top 10
Team Member Top 10

Ricksickle wrote:
Can't someone take me?... ...LETS GET IT ON!
Hey, whoa... We're still talking about Folding here, right? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 10:22 am 

I do have UFC on the brain....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 11:04 am 
Team Member Top 10
Team Member Top 10

ricksickle wrote:
I do have UFC on the brain....
My mind was in the gutter. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 11:57 am 
Team Member Top 100
Team Member Top 100

Spider Monkey wrote:
ricksickle wrote:

If they are government computer you still don't have to worry. Considering that the goverment is always ten years behind (second only to the medical industry), all they probably have is 200, 486's. ;)

On In Hawaii we use Dell 3.0ghz HT with 1gb of ram. We just switch over.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 12:00 pm 
Team Member Top 100
Team Member Top 100

ricksickle wrote:

TO be honest (just in Hawaii) they are considering it. We also cant install things like AIM, Yahoo IM, or others, what I do like about they Army is they will do anything to get there name out there (NASCAR, Jump Teams, Customs Hummers) so I sent the proposal to have it install on just 100 clients they. I told them tat it was a supportted by Standford and its for medical research. Out head Amin guy was interrested but everthing has to be cleared by the CG so......I wait.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 9:51 am 
Team Member Top 50
Team Member Top 50

Location: Kicking the crap out of the people who lied to me about using Folding@Home and those who declined!!
Take me on!!! :wink:

Post subject: Re: Can't someone take me?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 1:36 pm 
Team Creamsicles
Team Creamsicles

ricksickle wrote:

LETS GET IT ON!

I think I will give it a shot. :wink:

-Thunar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:10 pm 

Get back to me in a year when youve made some ground and let me know how your doing : )

Post subject: Taking you on...
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 2:25 pm 
Team Member Top 100
Team Member Top 100

DrSatan wrote:
Take me on!!! :wink:

Just for fun, look over your shoulder, check your six, look in the mirrors you should see that red car. Its Paul_187. I should see you right after Independence Day :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:37 pm 

I produce more in a day then you do all week, lol.....bring it on : ) Update me on this when you make it to page 1 and i might add you to my watch list, otherwise you will need more then 800ppd to even think about getting close to me.

Post subject: Why are you talking to me?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:08 pm 
Team Member Top 100
Team Member Top 100

ricksickle you must be really deperate. Why are you flaunting yourself, flashing?, :shock: your lofty numbers??? I was trying to interject a little fun with Dr Satan. See my quote? Sure you are up there, stalled probably. Dr Satan and myself are working our way up to ... whoot ... 'PAGE 1', and having one heck of a good time at it. I used to play slow pitch softball and ran into guys like you. Could play at the A level usually getting their butts beat so they would play at the C level and collect the gold plated plastic, while everyone else would ridicule them. :lol:

The good Doctor or myself will probably be up there if we can afford the oxygen along with the new boxes that will be added, along the way. By the way, do you wear a great big belt buckle? You know to cover up the little bitty pp? 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 7:28 pm 

First off, when you post in a thread that I started then im going to assume it was aimed at me. Second, you need to watch what you say or you can have your ass banned. Either way makes me happy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 7:30 pm 
Team Member Top 50
Team Member Top 50

Location: Kicking the crap out of the people who lied to me about using Folding@Home and those who declined!!
Rick, he didn't say anything to offend you. And anyway, it was kind of obvious he was talking to me...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 7:38 pm 

Ok, I will spell it out for everyone:

Good clean fun...

Quote:
I used to play slow pitch softball and ran into guys like you. Could play at the A level usually getting their butts beat so they would play at the C level and collect the gold plated plastic, while everyone else would ridicule them.

Childish immature behavior not appropriate for the forums..

Quote:
By the way, do you wear a great big belt buckle? You know to cover up the little bitty pp?

And again, no its not THAT obvious he was responding to you when i get a reply to someone posting in a thread I started about taking me on. One would just assume that someone is there to talk smack to me, not to someone else.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:05 pm 
Team Member Top 100
Team Member Top 100

ricksickle wrote:
Ok, I will spell it out for everyone:

Good clean fun...

Quote:
I used to play slow pitch softball and ran into guys like you. Could play at the A level usually getting their butts beat so they would play at the C level and collect the gold plated plastic, while everyone else would ridicule them.

Childish immature behavior not appropriate for the forums..

Quote:
By the way, do you wear a great big belt buckle? You know to cover up the little bitty pp?

And again, no its not THAT obvious he was responding to you when i get a reply to someone posting in a thread I started about taking me on. One would just assume that someone is there to talk smack to me, not to someone else.
Ricksickle I am new to the forums, and happy that I am making progress up the chart with my two computers. I had seen a few posts to "Dr. Satan" in other threads, don't know why but it seemed he has a good time here. And I noticed his production and mine were about equal, depending on the day one checks the OC web site. I just found this thread the other day. I noticed his reply to your entries. Quite frankly I found your entries childish and knew where Dr. Satan stood in the scheme of things, production wise, and after checking, where your team rank is, and I couldn't understand your aggressive entries to those of us producing at such a different level than you. So, I quoted his "take me on" and thought I could have fun here and issued a light weight challenge to HIM - I used the quote so that it was obvious that I was 'talking' to him. When you responded with what you did on Sunday the 26th, when, and I'll say it once again, I was talking to Dr. Satan - see the QUOTE; my thought was WOW, this is just hobby, just for fun and this guy is just bullying around spoiling for ... who knows what. Rick, I think that is your name, what are you spoiling for? You are issuing these hard nose challenges to folk that have half your points. I hardly doubt that you are offended, really, by my post, just surprised someone fired back. But, on the small chance you or anyone else is offended I am sorry for that. And don't go acting like you REALLY thought I was posting for you originally. You just want attention; and shoot you pushed my button and got some attention.

I am trying, really trying to have fun. I do not suffer fools well. You said I was childish and inappropriate for the forums. Maybe, but you are really out there yourself, and I think you need to check yourself, especially if you really think that someone with 56000 points is interested in challenging someone in the 'sniff' top 100. Nothing to be gained there...

And to the readers of this thread, if anyone is/was offended by my outburst; I offer my sincere apology and I will keep myself in check. This is just a hobby after all and the folding is really fun. I am dialing back, and really see that there is no future in this thread...

By the way Dr. Satan, if we pass somewhere in the dark, Let us wave and smile....

Paul

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next