Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:50 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Cant remove ogg.dll!!!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 7:19 pm 

I was recently trying to encode an ogg file, when my computer crashed completely. Not even the mouse was moving. I tried to reinstall the program, when an error came up, saying that the files ogg.dll, oggds.dll, vorbis.dll, and vorbisenc.dll. Pressing retry didnt work, and if i press ignore, the computer crashes again. I tried to reinstall the ogg codec, when the same error came up, and i cant delete the files from C:\windows\system32. windows says that the files are restricted or write protected. Is there any program that can tell me which process or service is using the files, or is there any way to bypass windows and delete the files anyway? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 7:30 pm 
Team Member
Team Member

what i do is i pull up Windows Task Manager (ctrl+alt+del) then i choose explorer.exe and hit end process under the Processes Tab (everything will close out), then if it closes out Task Manager, open it up again by hitting ctrl+alt+del again and click the applications tab. click new task, click browse, in the bottom pulldown menu select "all files". find the files you want to delete, then delete them. click cancel, then type "explorer" in the text box and hit enter. probly be best to restart the computer after this too, but not necessary.

Post subject: Re: Cant remove ogg.dll!!!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 11:50 am 
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000*
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000*

MunkiRench wrote:
I was recently trying to encode an ogg file, when my computer crashed completely. Not even the mouse was moving. I tried to reinstall the program, when an error came up, saying that the files ogg.dll, oggds.dll, vorbis.dll, and vorbisenc.dll.

Already existed? Were in use?

Try what xhaos recommended and if that doesn't work - see if you can get a copy of knoppix, or some other livecd linux distro, and you can then boot up in linux, mount the windows filesystem, and delete the files from there. This kind of assumes that you aren't tethered to windows though. Good luck.