Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:14 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Subwoofer
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 8:47 pm 
BANNED
BANNED

So I decided to take apart my old z-560 subwoofer, to see if i could get any use out of it, since the system sorta broke (rear channel busted) but the sub still worked. But I couldn't use it anymore when logitech took my control pod away, rendering the system mostly useless.

So I beat the shit out of the subenclosure with a hammer until it finally came apart (INSANE construction) 30+ screws then the insides are glued and screwed together so its impossible to dissassemble with breaking the box.

So after the hammer, vice, crowbar, screw drivers were all done with their work, I had the woofer in hand. So I plugged it in to some old shitty stereo reciever, it worked, but the reciever wasn't for subwoofers so it made unhappy noises at me whenever treble came into play. But it DID WORK!

So I was wondering what I am to do with this thing, it's a rather powerful speaker and it works. Would it be terribly difficult to purchase a subwoofer amplifier to power this subwoofer? Since without its former powersource it isn't terribly useful, and the former powersource unfathomably dependent on propreitary parts that logitech stole from me, as well as it being in a somewhat unhappy condition with a number of wires on it severed.

Anyway.. Tips?

Post subject: Subwoofer
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 12:33 pm 

Buddy had a flood in basement and sub went under water. It didn't work anymore. Called service center and asked about repair and they asked if Buddy had insurance. She didn't. They told her to just buy a new one (Yamaha 5.1 system) new ones were $150. (for the sub)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 10:21 pm 
BANNED
BANNED

ONe problem, I already have 2 working subwoofers, this one is a spare

Post subject: Re: Subwoofer
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 8:12 am 

JC wrote:

So after the hammer, vice, crowbar, screw drivers were all done with their work, I had the woofer in hand. So I plugged it in to some old shitty stereo reciever, it worked, but the reciever wasn't for subwoofers so it made unhappy noises at me whenever treble came into play. But it DID WORK!

When you hooked it up, was it the bare woofer out of the enclosure?

If so (and maybe I read you wrong), it will need an enclosure of the right size to give you any useful bass.

Love the hammer/crowbar stuff. :)