Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:11 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Most Wanted UT2K4 Mod
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 11:39 am 

Hey Guys this is coasterama, A Ut2k4 Mod and team BellBottoms needs YOU!---------------FREELANCERS ARE WELCOME------
If you can do anything in the modding biz you are welcome, please contact me @coasterama@~LINK BROKEN BY MANAGEMENT~ (msn and email) thnks

Team BellBottoms Forums

Here is the design documentation for the mod

Welcome To The 70's A UT2K4

What this mod is all about is the groovy 70’s. Think of it as an Austin Powers type thing, hippies, comedy, action, only we will have no affiliation with the movie. In this design doc. I will be covering the multiplayer aspect of the game; the single player will be covered by NOS.
Game Types-
I will be creating numerous game types, including a splinter cell multiplayer mode. I like the new onslaught mode but I find that tdm will work better .DM will be supported but not emphasized. Instead of blowing up power nodes in onslaught I will replace them with factories or fortress we will see this mode is still being brainstorms.
O also would like to create a search and destroy, hopefully we can make it so player will actually hide the items and ctf will also be used. That covers game types.

Characters-
Characters will be discussed during skinning and modeling but there will be a variety of guys and girls.

Vehicles-
Vehicles will include
• A Slug Bus (Volkswagen Bus)
• A 1970’s corvette
• The Hot wheels Red Baron
• Choppers
• 1970’s Cessna
• Patton Tank

Levels-

The levels will include an evil fortress, a bachelor pad, a valley and numerous other indoor/outdoor places.

Weapons

Melee- A medallion attached to the end of a chain
Side Arm- 357 Magnum
Assault Rifle- M16
Hi powered-Scoped Remington M40
Anti Vehicular- Bazooka
More to be added-

Music will include awesome tracks from the 70’s the songs will be a surprise
Team BellBottoms Forums :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 12:31 pm 
Willamette
Willamette

spam post?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 4:25 pm 
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000*
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000*

Sounds pretty interesting... :)

This is more of a bump than anything. A few quick questions though. From the number of posts on your website, it looks like you guys are just getting started with this mod. Do you have any concept artwork done? Also, how many people are on board now and what level of experience do they have? And, if you know at this point, are you going to need programmers?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 4:32 pm 

we are in desprete need of programers, thnks for the bump btw. Yes we r just starting out we have a mini teaser that we are trying to find ftp for but the bad thing is getting enough money. Any ideas? if u can program that would be much apreciated i wil work on concept art, at this point we have 3 ppl 1 of them has worked on a mod before the other is a basic mapper, he can add particals and stuff but no pro type mapping, he is still good, if u can help that would be much apreciated email me at coasterama@gmail.com and chris_4488@hotmail.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:14 pm 
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000*
Bitchin' Fast 3D Z8000*

Coasterama wrote:
we are in desprete need of programers, thnks for the bump btw. Yes we r just starting out we have a mini teaser that we are trying to find ftp for but the bad thing is getting enough money. Any ideas? if u can program that would be much apreciated i wil work on concept art, at this point we have 3 ppl 1 of them has worked on a mod before the other is a basic mapper, he can add particals and stuff but no pro type mapping, he is still good, if u can help that would be much apreciated email me at coasterama@gmail.com and chris_4488@hotmail.com

The ftp support shouldn't be a problem. In fact, I could probably host it on my school account for you. Is it an mpeg file or what did you have in mind? As far as programming with your team.... I can only say maybe at this time. I am REALLY busy right now - in fact, I am somehow busier now than I was during the semester. Go figure. I'm also looking for a better job to help pay the bills and get me to the point where I am coding 5 or more hours per day (and getting paid for it). I currently have five active applications with Boeing and if one of those works out - I'll be making some huge changes.

Anyways, I am interested in doing a mod. I am currently working on two other game projects, both sort of in the early stages right now. If I have time for them, I'll probably have time to do at least some work with you guys too (one of them is a complete game, the other a ut mod). So I can't, or wouldn't want to, commit just yet, but I can give you a hand with some things and who knows what the situation will be next month, or even week. Another question that I forgot to ask above.... where do you guys live? Doing things over the net is ok - but it doesn't hurt to be able to spend some time together and really push each other. Especially when everyone is new - helps to be able to see how someone did something etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 7:30 am 
I'd rather be modding!
I'd rather be modding!

BiggPa wrote:
spam post?

Naw - he's just new.

I don't know enough on the subject of this type off mod to help out. I will re-read his post.

Manta

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 7:43 am 

the file is an swf, a flah movie. It is 2.11 megs and that would be awsome if you could host this, we are scattered so i dont think meeting wil happen but its a coo idea. I will be on vocation,(last minute) so when i get back i will email you about this. Thanks for takin time to do this

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 8:03 am 
Team Member Top 500
Team Member Top 500

Perhaps you could persuade a programmer or 2 at infinite loops on delphiforums.

http://forums.delphiforums.com/infinite_loops/messages

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 8:42 am 

thnks man i did that just now