Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:21 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: XP refresh rate bug!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 12:50 pm 

Anyone know of a sure fix for this issue. MSKB has no info, which I find disturbing, but I know it exists.

The skinny is this, regardless of the RR you input in your setting, XP will still run at 60 hertz. I verify this using a benchmark that give RR rating in the details and it's always the same.

I've tried RivaTuner tweak tool but doesnt seem to let me override this issue even thought it says it will.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 12:57 pm 
Willamette
Willamette

so you have gone into the advanced display properties settings and chenged it there?

does the monitor let you go over 60hz on other machines?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 1:10 pm 

Not my monitor, BiggPa, it's an xp bug, I've changed the setting via display box, advanced setting, rivatuner tool, any refresh rate overrides and it's all ways the same. I'm sure those using xp are suffering from it, they just dont know about it. Only a few benchmark tools give RR rating in the details after a test, but if you find one, you will see what I refering to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 2:44 pm 
Northwood
Northwood

IrishHound wrote:
Not my monitor, BiggPa, it's an xp bug, I've changed the setting via display box, advanced setting, rivatuner tool, any refresh rate overrides and it's all ways the same. I'm sure those using xp are suffering from it, they just dont know about it. Only a few benchmark tools give RR rating in the details after a test, but if you find one, you will see what I refering to.

your desktop is stuck at 60Hz or just games?

the bug only affected DirectX or OpenGL iirc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 4:59 pm 

Cig, regardless of what my settings say about the RR I've chosen, it runs at 60hertz. I know this because a benchmark tool I use verifies this.

As to what it effects, I suppose if your just a web surfer it's no big deal, but if you play online games, it is, regardless I would like to get a fix.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 6:27 pm 

maybe this wont make sense but, have you installed drivers for your mon. because mine did weird things and wouldnt align properly without them. it used to have strange distortion. maybe that is something similar to what i had.