Maximum PC

It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:19 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: regedit
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 9:20 am 
Little Foot
Little Foot

Hello,

There a few registry changes I've found in Maximum PC that I would like to try and was wondering if there is a means to "rest" the registry back to it's original or at least previous state if something goes wrong? I undertand that major issues/damage can result from registry changes.

Also are there any tools (free) other then regedit that makes doing the changes any easier?

Thanks.

Post subject: Re: regedit
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 10:08 am 
Northwood
Northwood

jars_u wrote:
Hello,

There a few registry changes I've found in Maximum PC that I would like to try and was wondering if there is a means to "rest" the registry back to it's original or at least previous state if something goes wrong? I undertand that major issues/damage can result from registry changes.

Also are there any tools (free) other then regedit that makes doing the changes any easier?

Thanks.

you mean 'reset'?

you can export the pre-mod registry through the export option. also, if things go wrong and you cannot load up XP (i'm not sure if the other OSs have this option), you can choose to load that last known good configuration.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 10:15 am 

First set the date on your Restore feature so that you can come back to your original settings. Second, always make a copy of the registry file that you're editting, it's best to make a new folder in C dive named just for registry edits and date and time each editted file that you enter. Unless you really mess you'll always be able to undo your mistakes.