Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:41 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 6:50 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

Wow! I am extreamly pleased with the response! Thanks guys! 8) For my dream PC, I plan to have the best of the best (ie, FX-55, two 6800s, two GB of RAM, etc) and air cooling them would suck up alot of juice, not to mention noise. Basically, if I'm set on something, I'll go through with it carefully (especially running water between thousands of dollars of silicon and stuff) and make sure i do it right. How hard is it to make sure everything goes smooth when you first hook it up? Is there alot of tweaking involved? I usually use the computer a few hours everyday more on the weekends andI plan to use the Siverstone TJ03 case with their case window to show off the interior and plan to add some blue lights in there to make it really glow...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 7:01 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

Also, since i'm going to add blue lights to the case, should I get the black one or the white one?

So just to clear things up: Because I watercool, all the fans should all be substitued by water cooliing, right? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:32 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

unlucky commissar wrote:
Also, since i'm going to add blue lights to the case, should I get the black one or the white one?

So just to clear things up: Because I watercool, all the fans should all be substitued by water cooliing, right? :lol:

About the fan thing... I'm planning on watercooling. Depending on your watercooling system (inside or outside) you should have IMO two 120mm fans. One in the front over the HDs and one in the back above the CPU. You should have blocks on your CPU, Northbridge, and GPU(s). The 120mm fans should only have to run around 1500 - 2000 RPM and should be effective and quiet. Your PSU will also have a fan, but they are usually quiet.

I think your other question was on the case color. I personally like black cases. White is too close to the old "beige" color... But that's my opinion.

Arquero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:50 pm 

Yeah, blue light + black case = hawt

blue light + white case= not so hawt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:50 pm 

i think you would like to wc your pc...so just do it...:)

buy a good kit...and test it,bye running it for a day first with nothing hooked up[just the waterpump,hoses,and blocks ]if no leaks,put it together,and run it another couple days...no leaks...good......intall os.

as for color.....just make it your own.... :D

everyone else here....has posted the good and bad....of wcing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:50 pm 
Little Foot
Little Foot

OOps. I was suppose to say silver, not white!! I guess silver is similar to white, then? Thanks for all the help guys. The Zalman model looks pretty cool...