Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:13 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Project: Building a registration page using PHP
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:13 am 
Monkey Federation (Top 10)*

This project is for a local non-profit and I thought it would be a good one for me to learn a new skill as well. The page will have a list of locations for people to select; there is no login requirement for this page. Basically there will be a list of locations, users will click a register button to select the location and be brought to a form where they will enter first, last, email, phone and then submit. Upon submit the location will be updated in the DB and will not show on the list when the page is refreshed. The user will be sent an email upon submission verifying the location details. Reminder emails will be sent 48 hours prior to the event as well (need to design this process) and the volunteers will not have a way to view their selections other than the reminder emails.

I will also need an admin page that will allow registrations to be removed and the location added back to the list. The admin page will also need to be able to print out a list of locations and those registered to that spot. This will need to be done by year as this event is one night per year with a 2-3 week lead-in for signups. I would like the year to default to current but have a drop down so select previous years for reference/reporting.

The site is Joomla based (MySQL backend) and I was planning to use JUMI to pull in the PHP code as I want the pages to fit into the current template. If there is another way to use PHP code in a Joomla page I am willing to entertain suggestions. I know how to use Google and have an idea of what I want to do, however, suggestions for improvement or design normalization are welcome.

Comment and ask questions, I will ask specific questions as they arise. If there is anything in my design that can be improved comments/suggestions are welcome.

* Space reserved for technical details *

Post subject: Re: Project: Building a registration page using PHP
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:16 am 

For the registration I would like to have the list of locations as table rows but when the button is pressed use AJAX to display the registration form under the location.

Post subject: Re: Project: Building a registration page using PHP
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:56 am 
Coppermine
Coppermine

Why use Joomla at all? From your description you don't need a full CMS.

Use an MVC framework instead.