Quantcast

Maximum PC

It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:50 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Multiple layers of firewall protection
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:21 am 
Willamette
Willamette

Is there a way that you can have multiple firewalls between the Internet and your servers? Right now, we only employ one sonicwall, and I want to beef up our security at work. We don't really have much that needs to get in and out of the network, except email and web browsing traffic primarily (so most of our network storage access is done within the network).

I've obviously taken the steps to inform employees about good computing habits and we have a strict password policy.

Any ideas or suggestions? Are there any other good hardware and/or software firewall products we can use to add to make the system more secure and beef up our security between our network and the Internet?

Post subject: Re: Multiple layers of firewall protection
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:51 am 
Smithfield
Smithfield

Consider proactive solutions that blacklist IP addresses. An example is Malwarebytes Antimalware Pro. Its internet filter basically prevents your computer from making a connection to IPs that are known to be of dubious security (you can temporarily disable this if you trust the source). Most companies I've been in employ some method of blacklisting.

I think this, coupled with a single, well built firewall is a better approach. Multiple firewalls may not play nice with each other.