I would like to upgrade an XP PC to windows 7 and install a new SSD.
Can I simply:
1. Image the old drive
2. install the SSD
3. load windows 7 onto the SSD
4. change the boot drive to be the SSD
5. reboot, starting windows 7 on the PC
6. Use windows 7 to copy that image onto the SDD from the old hard drive
7. use revo to uninstall the old XP OS
8 reboot again
9. hope like hell old my old software works just fine
I know it would be nice if it were this easy, but I like to be hopeful, and I would be interested to hear if anyone thought this, or a variation thereof, might work.
Your constructive input appreciated.